Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm 100% positive that this question has been asked before but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the search term is that I need to look up at without typing a paragraph into the search bar. Are any of the polycarb or acrylic tanks interchangeable between the bottom fill style doggies and the top fill style doggies? I feel like I should have at least one other rta as I only have three kinds and I don't know if I should get the top fill style which I imagine probably has the same deck it sure looks the same in the pictures or if I can Branch out and get something maybe a little different. There is a little goblin rta that I kind of want to try out with an interesting airflow option... but I got to be pretty careful with my purchases as I'm just now getting out of debt as far as Vape supplies go

Unfortunately they use a different tank in the top fill 2k18 version than the 2k16 version. All 2k16 version tanks are compatible with other 2k16 doggys, just not the 2k18.

If you want to try something that is very similar to the doggys (The original is made by the same company that designed the Doggystyle RTA, this is new out:

SXK Bas*ard style RTA - Use code MAP to make it $16.95

It is top fill, 3.5ml and doesn't have JFC. If you end up squonk mad like me, it also has an RDA conversion kit
    Just keep in mind that it is so new, none of us have tried it yet ;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I feel like I should have at least one other RTA as I only have three kinds and I don't know if I should get the top fill style which I imagine probably has the same deck it sure looks the same in the pictures or if I can Branch out and get something maybe a little different.
    If you are looking for something different that is easy to build on + excellent flavor take a look at the Coppervape Dvarw MTL at FT. They also sell an airflow kit which brings the Dvarw to a SJMY 2k16 Doggystyle airflow. The AFC kit comes with 1.5mm, 2mm and 2.5mm airflow inserts. As for size it's ~2mm taller than a Doggy excluding the DT.

I have four Dvarw's and really like them a lot. Zero problems. Have a look at the Dvarw thread. There are several photo's showing how it's built and wicking on this page. Dvarw MTL RTA by Coppervape (clone)

What happens when a Doggy meets a Dvarw? o_O

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Wasn't thinkin' a Doxie...
    Doggy+Dvarw.jpg

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    If you are looking for something different that is easy to build on + excellent flavor take a look at the Coppervape Dvarw MTL at FT. They also sell an airflow kit which brings the Dvarw to a SJMY 2k16 Doggystyle airflow. The AFC kit comes with 1.5mm, 2mm and 2.5mm airflow inserts. As for size it's ~2mm taller than a Doggy excluding the DT.

I have four Dvarw's and really like them a lot. Zero problems. Have a look at the Dvarw thread. There are several photo's showing how it's built and wicking on this page. Dvarw MTL RTA by Coppervape (clone)

What happens when a Doggy meets a Dvarw? o_O

...looks interesting and affordable. Thanks for the heads up!

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    I knew I should have posted it :D

View attachment 852605

It's not easy to fully install the coil but the reward is great.

Not showing my Dvarw DL build :oops: ... I changed the screws on it and managed to get a massive coil in.

I never thought I would say this... since making this freak build all my other rtas are shelved. I consider myself quite capable on building all of them but suddenly all of them fall short. Until some weeks ago the Gear was the king on my mods.

The Gear, the Dvarw, the Ammit don't come close to the flavour and restricted DL I get from this coil and the 2k16 with center post from 2k18.

Long live the Doggy.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I never thought I would say this... since making this freak build all my other rtas are shelved. I consider myself quite capable on building all of them but suddenly all of them fall short. Until some weeks ago the Gear was the king on my mods.

The Gear, the Dvarw, the Ammit don't come close to the flavour and restricted DL I get from this coil and the 2k16 with center post from 2k18.

Long live the Doggy.

It's a good Doggy ;)

and welcome to the FrankenVapers Club - I MTL on restricted lung attys, so I have the title. @NolaMel DL's on MTL attys, so she has the title. And so do you after fitting that coil into the Doggy RTA :thumb:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I received my
    ........jpg
    yesterday. It has the same style build deck as any Doggy and it is very easy to build on. The only difference is the build deck is recessed compared to any of the other Doggy's. Still very easy to setup. The threading on the frosted tank section is excellent.

It has topfill and that works fine. Simply unscrew the SS top piece, fill and done. No leaks or issues. For me the vape with the AF wide open is like the SJMY 2k16 set to ~½. That surprised me because they have a very similar sized center AF pin. 2.3mm on the 2k16 and 2.5mm on the Bas-tard, a 0.2mm difference (info pulled from the FT forum). I was expecting AF like the 2k16 wide open. No biggie, just something to note. And perhaps it's just the clone I received, IDK.
    IMG_1446cr.jpg

Wicking is just as simple. My tails are "just" touching the deck.

It's an excellent vape with really good flavor. I'm running a 0.45 ohm Lightning Vapes 26/36 316L 2.5ID clapton coil and running in TCR mode (140) at 25w and 380F on a Colossal. I also ran it in wattage mode from 12w-25w. I thought the included SS DT would get hot but surprisingly it didn't until I got to ~20w.
    IMG_1447cr.jpg

I like the
    ........jpg
    !!!

For me… is it worth it and would I buy another? Yes and yes. I am hoping they come out with spare frosted tank sections or the clear ones like I have on my SJMY 2k16 Doggy's. I don't care for the PEI spare FT, and others, are currently offering (but if that's all I can get). The only con I have is the AF ring spins very easily (subjective). It stays in place while you're vaping but if it's put it in a pocket/purse it'll likely move from it's setting.

@bigbob2322 you might like the AF on the
    ........jpg
    as it is tighter and can be tightened further. I seem to recall you like the Doggy with the 1.8mm AF.
    IMG_1451cr.jpg

That's all Folks!!! ;)

ETA: Mine is the SXK version. $19.90 SXK ....... Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

FT also has a YFTK version. $19.64 YFTK ....... Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

With MAP the price is reduced. And yes, I'm sure with shopping around lower prices may be found. Haha...

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Looks like you found another winner with the ....... RTA , I like the looks and have had it on my radar for a while, did yours come with a BF pin also?
    No mine didn't. The RDA section is sold as a kit w/BF pin. I was going to get one until I saw the Animodz video. To me it seems like it was an afterthought. The deck on the RDA kit is much like the KFL. I wish they would just come out with a dedicated RDA.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    No mine didn't. The RDA section is sold as a kit w/BF pin. I was going to get one until I saw hthe Animodz video. To me it seems like it was an afterthought. The deck on the RDA kit is much like the KFL. I wish they would just come out with a dedicated RDA.
    Whoops, I guess I didn't watch that video all the way through. Oh well, I got the RDA kit and someday will report back on how well it works. And how well the YFTK version works in general. Zero notion when I will get the urge to learn a new tank, though. Right now I'm pretty content with what I'm running (Galaxies RDTA, 24mm KFL19, Gate, SXK 2K16 Doggy, and EHPro KFL+v2).

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Whoops, I guess I didn't watch that video all the way through. Oh well, I got the RDA kit and someday will report back on how well it works. And how well the YFTK version works in general. Zero notion when I will get the urge to learn a new tank, though. Right now I'm pretty content with what I'm running (Galaxies RDTA, 24mm KFL19, Gate, SXK 2K16 Doggy, and EHPro KFL+v2).
    As with the KFL just make sure the positive post is tight on the RDA kit or it will move around when you install/tighten your coil. I am interested to see what you think... someday. Building on the Bas-tard is the same as your 2k16 Doggy (or any Doggy). :)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    As with the KFL just make sure the positive post is tight on the RDA kit or it will move around when you install/tighten your coil. I am interested to see what you think... someday. Building on the Bas-tard is the same as your 2k16 Doggy (or any Doggy). :)
    And the Doggy is the least demanding of the dozenish attys I've built, so that is a big plus.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I received my View attachment 855959 yesterday. It has the same style build deck as any Doggy and it is very easy to build on. The only difference is the build deck is recessed compared to any of the other Doggy's. Still very easy to setup. The threading on the frosted tank section is excellent.

It has topfill and that works fine. Simply unscrew the SS top piece, fill and done. No leaks or issues. For me the vape with the AF wide open is like the SJMY 2k16 set to ~½. That surprised me because they have a very similar sized center AF pin. 2.3mm on the 2k16 and 2.5mm on the Bas-tard, a 0.2mm difference (info pulled from the FT forum). I was expecting AF like the 2k16 wide open. No biggie, just something to note. And perhaps it's just the clone I received, IDK.
    View attachment 855965
    Wicking is just as simple. My tails are "just" touching the deck.

It's an excellent vape with really good flavor. I'm running a 0.45 ohm Lightning Vapes 26/36 316L 2.5ID clapton coil and running in TCR mode (140) at 25w and 380F on a Colossal. I also ran it in wattage mode from 12w-25w. I thought the included SS DT would get hot but surprisingly it didn't until I got to ~20w.
    View attachment 855967
    I like the View attachment 855961 !!!

For me… is it worth it and would I buy another? Yes and yes. I am hoping they come out with spare frosted tank sections or the clear ones like I have on my SJMY 2k16 Doggy's. I don't care for the PEI spare FT, and others, are currently offering (but if that's all I can get). The only con I have is the AF ring spins very easily (subjective). It stays in place while you're vaping but if it's put it in a pocket/purse it'll likely move from it's setting.

@bigbob2322 you might like the AF on the View attachment 855963 as it is tighter and can be tightened further. I seem to recall you like the Doggy with the 1.8mm AF.
    View attachment 855969
    That's all Folks!!! ;)

ETA: Mine is the SXK version. $19.90 SXK ....... Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

FT also has a YFTK version. $19.64 YFTK ....... Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

With MAP the price is reduced. And yes, I'm sure with shopping around lower prices may be found. Haha...
    Mine is still on the slow boat. Can't wait to get it!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    And the Doggy is the least demanding of the dozenish attys I've built, so that is a big plus.

I'm always going to be grateful I picked the Doggy RTA as my first rba to build. The only hard thing about it, was I watched and emulated this video tutorial. Right down to completely removing the grub screw :facepalm:

Looking forward to your Guinea Pig Report :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread