ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No, you do not have to get up to 30W to have good vape with 26 gauge.

I never vape above 20 watts ( usually it is 14-18) and for me 26 gauge do not take too much time to heat... unless I will make coil that is longer than 8 wraps.

How long time coil needs to heat up depend on mass of coil not just gauge of wire. Personally I prefer 26 gauge ... it is less flimsy and easier to wick. If you make coil with 26 gauge SS 2.5mm ID wire with 6 wraps Steam Engine recommends vaping at 17w... and if you use Kanthal 26 gauge 2.5mm ID, 6 wraps Steam Engine recommends 18w.

Higher mass means more power for a given wattage. I can get a good MTL vape from 28ga at 8W to 12W (higher as the coil crusts over a little before a dry burn). We all have our favorite combination for the vape we like. Cloud machines need a little more wattage to compensate for higher air flow.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Anyone have, or order, the Bas-tard yet?
4gX2Th4.jpg

After watching Animodz's YT video I ordered the SXK vsn from FT.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3042/10065926/9713775
With MAP it was $16.95.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I guess you'll be our g/pig, eh, SMT? I'd like to know more about this one, and specifically how it differs from the 157 dogz I already have! :D
Wuf, wuf ... ummm perhaps guinea Dog...
IMG_1330cr.jpg

Doggy is, well ^^^^waiting^^^^ just like ya all and I ...

Bast-ard is on the famous Chinese Express {slow boat} so ya all know it'll be a minute lol. :blink:

Like 2-3-4 weeks haha ...Far East-er-ly shipping... gotta luv it!!! :lol:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I'm 100% positive that this question has been asked before but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the search term is that I need to look up at without typing a paragraph into the search bar. Are any of the polycarb or acrylic tanks interchangeable between the bottom fill style doggies and the top fill style doggies? I feel like I should have at least one other RTA as I only have three kinds and I don't know if I should get the top fill style which I imagine probably has the same deck it sure looks the same in the pictures or if I can Branch out and get something maybe a little different. There is a little goblin RTA that I kind of want to try out with an interesting airflow option... but I got to be pretty careful with my purchases as I'm just now getting out of debt as far as Vape supplies go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread