Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Are you putting it together correctly? Watch this video,

Okay that kind of explains why there's threading on the top that is showing I think I don't have one of the pieces and that's why it's wiggling around because it's not tight together with the part that's inside the tank. I don't know if the Clone just doesn't come with that piece but I don't have the smooth part that goes on top of the tank that is threaded down to connect the chimney tightly to the top of the tank I mean it still connects I just don't have that smooth metal part that goes on top of the threading it's just the drip tip and then what you would screw that part on to. It still works it was a gift but I guess that makes a lot of sense as to why it's so Wiggly.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Okay so that's what the thing is called I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I don't believe that I have a drip tip collar. I just have some threading that attaches to the drip tip I have a really tough time explaining things but I don't have the smooth metal part that goes on the outside of the tank which is probably why it wobbles around and it's so hard to fill because I have to grab the drip tip and pull on it to keep it centered so that the juice doesn't just flow right out. It's no big deal it still works I just have to grip it when I fill it and pull on it

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Okay so that's what the thing is called I don't know if we're talking about the same thing but I don't believe that I have a drip tip collar. I just have some threading that attaches to the drip tip I have a really tough time explaining things but I don't have the smooth metal part that goes on the outside of the tank which is probably why it wobbles around and it's so hard to fill because I have to grab the drip tip and pull on it to keep it centered so that the juice doesn't just flow right out. It's no big deal it still works I just have to grip it when I fill it and pull on it
$3.82 Replacement Chimney Base for Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Or just buy another Doggie and have extra parts???

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Has anyone ever bought the authentic one? Around 100 Euro seems a bit steep for what ya get.
I used to look when I first heard about them. They were never in stock....still aren't.
I guess once FT started offering the SXK and SJMY for around $10, there weren't enough people out there willing to pay that price, so they quit making them.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Lol. Maybe I'll do both because I already put the tanks in my cart yesterday (primarily because I use a lot of lemonade juice and I know that some tanks will crack) now I need a new drip tip thing a ma bobber lol. Maybe I will get those collars and then a top fill doggystyle as well LOL I have a few dollars to spare after apparently winning a whole mod kit...thx

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I used to look when I first heard about them. They were never in stock....still aren't.
I guess once FT started offering the SXK and SJMY for around $10, there weren't enough people out there willing to pay that price, so they quit making them.

I'm not surprised. For 10 bucks they're ok but not 100.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Lol. Maybe I'll do both because I already put the tanks in my cart yesterday (primarily because I use a lot of lemonade juice and I know that some tanks will crack) now I need a new drip tip thing a ma bobber lol. Maybe I will get those collars and then a top fill doggystyle as well LOL I have a few dollars to spare after apparently winning a whole mod kit...thx
You might do better with the SJMY version then. I think SXK is polycarbonate, known to have big issues with citric acid. SJMY's is acrylic. It might not be impervious, but I believe it's a much better choice with citrusy juice.

But SMJY is a looser draw. I converted some of my SXK's to SJMY intake ports, so I'm pretty sure you can go the other way with that. Here's what I got to increase the airflow to SJMY - mayvbe the same exists for the smaller (1.8mm??) intake if you prefer that.
upload_2019-11-5_12-56-32.png

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky

You might message your original supplier to indicate that your Doggy Style came without a certain piece. If your pending order is with the same, you might note that. Language might include something like "Threaded collar where chimney attaches to the tank and also receives the drip tip." <collar> is my term...there may be other references for that piece.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
You might message your original supplier to indicate that your Doggy Style came without a certain piece. If your pending order is with the same, you might note that. Language might include something like "Threaded collar where chimney attaches to the tank and also receives the drip tip." <collar> is my term...there may be other references for that piece.
It was a gift from a nice person who wanted to help a new person out . In fact I almost wonder if in my excitement maybe I popped it off when I opened the package up. I'm really just grateful that I get to try it to see that I really do like it and that I need to go get some more of them as soon as I can LOL :) that is a great suggestion though had I purchased it. Honestly I feel like it just really gives a good idea of how forgiving the tank is that it's working great right now without a piece!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL it was me. Trust me, I am entirely capable of sending what I thought was a bottom fill doggy and no collar! I thought I inspected the tank well, but I guess not.

@AvaOrchid I will send a collar I have one laying right here on my table. I am super sorry! I mean yeah, spare parts are great, but like you do need a complete doggy for the doggy "experience." I will put on in the mail tomorrow. I think you wil enjoy your doggy a lot more.

The round metal cap that goes around the top of the tank?

Man I feel so embarrassed. I most definitely did not send it, I thought it was a bottom fill tank. You didn't lose anything and unless you WANT spare collars you don't need to add anything to your order.

My apologies.

I TOLD YOU DOGGIES WERE CURSED FOR ME YOU LOT!! Now look I am passing it ON.

Merde.

I'm glad you doggy people figured it out sorry again @AvaOrchid :)

I will make sure the collar is de-cursed, also. Don't want to be passing it along. Although replacement tanks are a good investment for sure.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oooh the tiny ring. I bet I probably washed one down my sink at some point. It wouldn't shock me. LOL.

I got more doggies than I can shake a stick at (or have control over) and you seem quite capable in the doggy department so I'll send a top doggy that hasn't been opened (it's okay I have a couple) and you can play around with JFC.

It took me two doggies to BUILD ONE, and it is apparently taking me two doggies to GIVE away, so it seems apt.

Yeah there are very few dogs I like IRL and really my son's feral (less feral now) adoptive dog because she adores me and also eating cigarette butts. She LOVES them.

Sorry, again but you'll have an easy time with this one you have been honed into a pro by my inattentive ADHD-ness. LOL. You will enjoy it I promise, hassle free and straight from the factory.

Thank goodness they are CHEAP as well as awesome. I'm gonna maybe leave it out tonight for the moon to shine on it while I sage it though..:lol::lol::lol:

We will de-curse,.

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: Ryedan

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Oooh the tiny ring. I bet I probably washed one down my sink at some point. It wouldn't shock me. LOL.

I got more

It took me two doggies to BUILD ONE, and it is apparently taking me two doggies to GIVE away, so it seems apt.

Thank goodness they are CHEAP as well as awesome. I'm gonna maybe leave it out tonight for the moon to shine on it while I sage it

I swear if you haven't written a book yet you really should your writing style is amazing! Ooh it'll be so much fun trying on the top fill version I get silly excited over this stuff LOL thank you again so much! Just in case maybe I should go ahead and pick up some Sage for when it arrives lmao

Reactions: TraderX

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Hello everyone.

I have some 2k16 and 2k18 versions.

After some mix and match, my current go to tank is bottom fill from the 2k16 and center post from 2k18.

For build, the purists will call it crazy: a fused dual core clapton, 2.5mm inner with 4 wraps and the most raised from deck possible. At .26 and vaping at 29 watts it's a warm superb vape.

Love this tank and looks amazing.

Last edited:

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Pictures?

I knew I should have posted it :D

20191117_201657.jpg

It's not easy to fully install the coil but the reward is great.

Not showing my Dvarw DL build :oops: ... I changed the screws on it and managed to get a massive coil in.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I knew I should have posted it :D

View attachment 852605

It's not easy to fully install the coil but the reward is great.

Not showing my Dvarw DL build :oops: ... I changed the screws on it and managed to get a massive coil in.

the smidgee (SJMY) doggy RTA is my fave doggy RTA and it's very similar to what you are using, except the airflow hole id may be 2.3mm not 2.5mm like the 2k18 version. And congrats on getting that coil in there :D

$13.12 SJMY Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + pc at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread