AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I now have two doggys on the go :)

Got the sjmy - tried a 2mm diameter this time. SS316L - 28 gauge - 7 wraps and slightly spaced - came out at 0.5ohms.

Compared to my sxk - it's slightly airier. Gonna use the sjmy in the mornings and the sxk in the evening. I always chain vape first thing for a couple of hours, then taper off during the day. This pretty much replicates how I used to smoke.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    I now have two doggys on the go :)

Got the sjmy - tried a 2mm diameter this time. SS316L - 28 gauge - 7 wraps and slightly spaced - came out at 0.5ohms.

Compared to my sxk - it's slightly airier. Gonna use the sjmy in the mornings and the sxk in the evening. I always chain vape first thing for a couple of hours, then taper off during the day. This pretty much replicates how I used to smoke.
    Exact same build as i use and i also use my SJMY during the day and the SXK at night with higher nicotine.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Here's my 2 doggys:

2doggies.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Another question:

The sjmy doesn't come with a o-ring where the tank screws on - yet the sxk does. I've got the fasttech pics below to show what o-ring I mean.

Is this the o-ring ppl have taken off to enable easier tank removal for filling? Or is the sjmy just threaded differently?

sjmy.jpg

sxk10.jpg

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Another question:

The sjmy doesn't come with a o-ring where the tank screws on - yet the sxk does. I've got the fasttech pics below to show what o-ring I mean.

Is this the o-ring ppl have taken off to enable easier tank removal for filling? Or is the sjmy just threaded differently?

View attachment 751231
    View attachment 751235
    I have read the SXK works fine with that o ring removed but i have not tried it myself. Not found any need to,just lightly tighten tank till it stops and removing is easy. Look at page 40 on this thread.I did a very short video of how i remove and fill my tank Edit.. sorry it is not page 40,not sure but somewhere around there.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    ^^^ Belay that ... I double checked. The two I got, came with little zip-lock bags of spare o-rings and screws and the bags were imprinted with "Steam Tribe". Same wide bore as the SJMY, maybe why I was temporarily confused. One was good and the other whacked. SKU 6617600

I bought that doggy and used it for almost a month. Today I noticed small but constant leaking. After investigation I found out that tank crack out at the top edge. Not a big loss because I bought this doggy on memorial day sale for $7

I prefer bigger hole under coil and do not like dirty/frosty look of tanks that come with it so I decided to check if I can swap deck of my SXK Doggy with that of my cheap broken tank...

Worked perfectly... AF ring do not fit (I did not tried to force it) but actual deck fits perfectly so right now I can have bigger hole under coil that gives me much less tight draw and clean/beautiful/ translucent SXK tank on my doggy. The original AF ring fit. I do not know if regular SMJY deck can be swapped with SXK top but I know I have to buy more SXK translucent tanks... sooner or later they all will crack :D

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    I would imagine many parts are interchangeable between the various FT Doggy selection options and Doggystyle iterations. However, I did run into a situation where the internal tank bell from one did not fit over the deck of another. I found out because I was swapping a frosty top with a clear top and didn't change out the bells (or whatever they're called) first. I couldn't even tell you which tank selection options were involved ... all I know is that one was an SXK tank and the other was a SJMY tank.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    No, it´s a perfect match and they are cheap and sturdy. What´s not to love? Just don´t get the black/bronze(copper) version:
    Istick-Picomod-75W.jpg

The quality of the copper parts and outer shell is sub par and wears off/scratches easily. It looks like sh*t after half a year, while my normal white/silver version looks mint and like new.
    K.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
    Croatia
    I need some new mods for my doggy's, I have been using 75w pico's up untill now but want to order 3 more.

Any other recommendations for small mods that are a reasonable price?

Cheers :)
    Often installing ArcticFox firmware on a Pico feels like having a new mod :) Especially if you do TC

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
    Croatia
    Reactions: stols001

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    To be honest I don´t think that this Doggy clone really comes with a pyrex glas tank - the pictures show the normal PC tank IMHO... also, they do NOT offer pyrex glass replacement tanks for this. I´ve checked the buyer feedbacks and NONE of them mentioned the glas tank - which WOULD be unique and I´m sure someone would have praised the doggy with a real glass tank in the comments... but no... most of the feedback seems fake anyway. I wouldn´t buy from them.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2016
    I need some new mods for my doggy's, I have been using 75w pico's up untill now but want to order 3 more.

Any other recommendations for small mods that are a reasonable price?

Cheers :)

The only other one that comes to mind (and one I've been using regularly for a while) is the Vaporesso Swag. Performs as expected. No complaints at all. Considering ordering another, actually.

I still have my white pico 75, but it's pretty dinged up and the screen is failing. I'd order another one, but they seem hard to find these days...well, anytime I happen to think to look they're always out of stock and backordered.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um the Eleaf Invoke if you want a two battery mod that is small?

If you can afford one the Jaq B gets rave reviews (has its own thread) and the TC is said to be excellent it's a single battery mod, but a DNA mod. It may be worth checking out, it's not CRAZY expensive compared to some mods, but seems to be worth it. It is going to cost more than a pico. Etc.

Good luck, there is also a thread on "itty bitty mods" I think where there is an updated list, you could probably search for the thread-- it's informative. Etc.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    The only other one that comes to mind (and one I've been using regularly for a while) is the Vaporesso Swag. Performs as expected. No complaints at all. Considering ordering another, actually.

I still have my white pico 75, but it's pretty dinged up and the screen is failing. I'd order another one, but they seem hard to find these days...well, anytime I happen to think to look they're always out of stock and backordered.

I was going to throw the Swag into the fray too. I love mine, but I'm a power mode only vaper. Apparently there are issues if you're a TC user who vapes under 30 watts.

I can't speak to it though, since the only temperature control I do is via the thermostat for my AC.

The Swags are lighter and less prone to dings than the Picos, but they're both great little mods. Perfect matches for the Doggy (IMO).

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2016
    Apparently there are issues if you're a TC user who vapes under 30 watts.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. The Swag is absolutely useless for MTL TC, in my opinion. Played around with TC a bit a few months ago on various mods, so I'm pretty confident making that statement. lol

Promethian

Mar 3, 2018
    Yes, I should have mentioned that. The Swag is absolutely useless for MTL TC, in my opinion. Played around with TC a bit a few months ago on various mods, so I'm pretty confident making that statement. lol

Well as I MTL at about 10w the 'ol Swag rules itself out then.

Looks like another order of Pico's is in the offing then :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread