SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Animodz ($7.88 Animodz Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping) looks exactly like SJMY... it has bigger hole and frosted acrylic tank and definitely I can screw his deck on my SXK...

I ordered today SJMY Doggy so in couple of weeks I will know if his deck really cannot be screwed into SXK...:confused:
I've got my sxk clear tank on my sjmy base - I took the top o-ring off tho. And I put my sjmy tank on the sxk base - they worked for me - maybe newer fasttech stock is different?
Well, maybe I'm just not forceful enough.;) When I posted that, I'd just tried to put an SXK tank on my SJMY, and it seemed ok for a couple of turns, then jammed. I quit, because I didn't want to mess up the threads. I haven't tried any of the replacement SXK tanks, I bought on anything, though.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    It's probably because I was unaware it didn't work and gave it the old 'heave ho' :rolleyes:

I have been using the same sxk tank on my sjmy base for a few months now - but don't go breaking tanks and cross-threading on my account ;)

As for the cheaper animodz styled at fasttech SKU 6617600 - the parts from that all work with sjmy tanks and sxk bases.

I ordered another sjmy doggy from 3fvape - my kennel is turning into a doggy daycare unit

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    The only oring that I’ve messed up is the one around the afc, and that’s rare, but I ordered a bunch of that size (they also go around the top of the deck, for the tank base).

The acrylic frosted spare tanks fit amazingly on my sxk bases. I prefer the way the threading is on those, it’s much cleaner. They also have a nice stopping point for getting them JUST tight enough.

I used to run into pooled condensation under my drip tip. It never really “did” anything negative, was just a pet peeve of mine. I switched to these drip tips $2.65 (Free Shipping) Acrylic + Stainless Steel Hybrid 510 Drip Tip (17.5mm, Color C) at m.FastTech.com and I haven’t had that same condensation at all.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well that's good to know because my first possessed doggy style had a frosted tank, and I find it rather handsome. It was the build deck that dematerialized.

Only the fact that it was possessed and I don't want to bust another doggy is preventing me from grabbing it Right Now. Etc.

Anna

Lalli

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2018
    How is the draw tightness on Doggy compared to say Berserker or KF Prime?

I like very tight and smooth draw and Doggy is not famous for those I think...
    But everyone seems to like it so much that perhaps I should give it a go too.

But I wont if it’s loose draw. Prime is a bit too loose for me, Berserker is great with two tightest settings.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Trying different coils on my doggies. Was previously running 1.02Ω contact, but prefer my current build:
    • 28ga
    • 2.5mm ID spaced (+/- 5 wraps)
    • .90Ω
    • 14.5 watts (3.6V)
    You tried this one? My favorite after trying many. I used to do more wraps with higher ohms, but:
    28ga 316ss
    2.0 mm id, spaced
    7 wraps, ~.62 ohm

Got pretty big bump in density after dropping from 2.5 to 2.0. Then kept trying with more or fewer wraps, but 7 wraps seems to give me that consistentlysolid tobacco hit.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I vape the prime as well and the prime can be a much tighter draw then the doggy. I would say the doggy is equal to the prime on the 3rd or 4th af opening. The sxk doggy has a 1.6mm af , while the prime goes from 1 to 2mm I believe, maybe it goes from .08 to 2mm, something like that anyways..if you think the prime is not tight enough on number one, no way would you like the doggy

But I wont if it’s loose draw. Prime is a bit too loose for me, Berserker is great with two tightest settings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lalli

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2018
    I vape the prime as well and the prime can be a much tighter draw then the doggy. I would say the doggy is equal to the prime on the 3rd or 4th af opening. The sxk doggy has a 1.6mm af , while the prime goes from 1 to 2mm I believe, maybe it goes from .08 to 2mm, something like that anyways..if you think the prime is not tight enough on number one, no way would you like the doggy

Ok then the Doggy is way too loose for me. I want my airholes 1mm and smaller.
    I think Prime has 1-2mm min/max setting.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Ok then the Doggy is way too loose for me. I want my airholes 1mm and smaller.
    I think Prime has 1-2mm min/max setting.

I’m not sure about this. The doggy is quite different than other tanks. Although I’ve never vaped a prime, I own a berserker mini.

The doggy can get the tightest of any tank I own. Like mentioned many times here, the doggy shines for tight draw lovers at the last 2% closed on the afc ring.

I’d agree that opened up at all, the doggy has a looser draw. However, the way the afc is designed, you can almost close off the hole 100%, smaller than a .8mm setting on something like the berserker.

Also, there’s no whistle or weird behavior when you do this (like my experience trying to partially close off holes on other tanks).

IMO, for $10, it’s worth a shot with your next fasttech order.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Trying different coils on my doggies. Was previously running 1.02Ω contact, but prefer my current build:
    • 28ga
    • 2.5mm ID spaced (+/- 5 wraps)
    • .90Ω
    • 14.5 watts (3.6V)
    I always find spaced coils work best for flavor and vapor production. It allows the vaporization of the liquid to have more liquid available and cook more efficiently. Each wrap of the coil has more liquid to cook with the wicking material on each side of it. Using a contact coil, the wick will have less liquid available for each wrap.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    You tried this one? My favorite after trying many. I used to do more wraps with higher ohms, but:
    28ga 316ss
    2.0 mm id, spaced
    7 wraps, ~.62 ohm

Got pretty big bump in density after dropping from 2.5 to 2.0. Then kept trying with more or fewer wraps, but 7 wraps seems to give me that consistentlysolid tobacco hit.
    I use the same set up on my tanks. I use 2mm and sometimes 2.5mm. I also use Rayon or Cotton Bacon in mine to mix it up a little. I used to always use 3 to 3.5mm coils but I find Smaller is better and stay at 2 to 2.5mm.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA

All RTA's are not made 100% exactly the same and not every person vapes the same. Some tanks might be more airier than the other with the same model RTA. Placing the coil closer to the air inlet can help tighten the draw a little too. Everyone is Different when it comes to how we Vape.

I would suggest trying the SXK version because of the smaller air hole. I like a tight draw most of the time myself. Sometimes I like it a little loose too tho. I use all the holes on my Berserker.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    28ga 316ss
    2.0 mm id, spaced
    7 wraps, ~.62 ohm

I actually have some 28ga SS. I've never used a SS coil. May have to give it a try.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I actually have some 28ga SS. I've never used a SS coil. May have to give it a try.

I vaped Kanthal for years, but SS316L is about half the resistance of Kanthal, so you can wrap a 2.5mm coil with 8 wraps and come out at .8 ohms. With Kanthal, that same coil would be at 1.6 ohms. To get .8 ohms, Kanthal would require 4 wraps. Not enough width to heat a proper amount of juice.

Using SS or Kanthal depends on your target resistance and coil wrap count. But it's nice to have a choice with wires. SS gives you an option for wattage and TC on the same coil if you want to do temperature control.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I am clueless about temp control.

Temp control mods monitor the resistance change of the coil as it heats up and cools down. SS316L has a linear temp rise that is compatible with boards that do TC. You set a TCR value (Temperature Controlled Resistance - generally 92 +/- for SS) for the wire you are using and the mod reads the temperature of the wire to keep the vape in the temperature range you set it at. It does that by varying the voltage fed to the coil to maintain temperature.

It's pretty much the same vape as wattage mode (heat is heat no matter how it's set), but it maintains the same temp if the wick is over or under saturated and won't let the vape rise above the temperature you set in TC mode. Some like it, some don't. You can vape down to an empty tank and it will declare temperature too high and refuse to heat when the tank goes empty and the wick is drying out. The wick won't burn at that point like it does if you continue to vape an empty tank in wattage mode.

Stainless, Titanium, and Nickel wires are compatible with TC. Kanthal and Nichrome don't have a linear relationship to heat rise like the other three, so it won't produce a TC vape that can be temperature controlled.

What is Temperature Control Vaping?

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Imagine a TOP-FILL like this for the Doggy. Might try and make one when they get here.
    sikaryusa-nunu-disposable-tank-3-pack-24mm-mesh-coil-disposable-sub-ohm-tank-3_2000x.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread