Thank you...

good day... i am Very Happy

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I wonder if this vendor is jumping the gun on this pre-order? The photos used in that listing are early product announcement photos, so that is a copy and past from a US blog site that ran a story about it. Usually when an order has been arranged the manufacturer will provide official photos of the device. I spoke to Yihi a couple of weeks ago and they said that they SX Mini would not be released for sale until next month and that final pricing had yet to be determined.

ETA: I am literally speaking to Yihi now via skype and they say that this vendors listing is false, and they are contacting the vendor to take down this product page. As per Yihi the SX will not be released until mid November, and when it is the Mini will appear on their website. Yihi has asked that anyone who is supplied the SX mini must not sell it below $189.99.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Is the SXMini chip a new version of the SX350 chip? Does "soft" mode mean it has step down?

Yes, it's a new version, and has step-down... :) IMO, YiHi is the Evolv of Chinese vaping electronics...The SX350 is a great performer... Accurate, feature-rich, and upgradable through the USB port. Most of the electronics offered by other Chinese manufacturers are VERY inaccurate, and junk in comparison. I'm looking forward to the SXMini for certain. ;)

Last edited:

Macaiah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Okinawa, Japan
I hope Yihi rethinks their price point. 189.00 is a bit much for a Chinese device imo. hell, I only paid 189.00 for my rDNA 40.... $110-120 sounds about right :)

I disagree about it being worth a lower price point based on it being a Chinese device.

The SX350 is a better board than the DNA30 and will probably prove to be better than the DNA40.

This is their first venture into a complete device and it looks amazing. It puzzles me why people are willing to pay over $200 for a DNA device with fewer features.

Maybe people will start to realize that the crap that has been shoveled to them as sugar, is indeed, crap.

Yihi has OUTDONE Evolv with the emergence of the SX350 and all of its variants. Now they are going to compete with the mod makers that charge absorbant prices for using the competition's board.

I build my own mods but I might purchase this out of spite for the DNA mod makers.../rant

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
I like the look of the SX Mini, but agree it will have to deliver especially at that price. If you need lots of watts, its probably the most interesting of the small box mods coming.

Otherwise for the same price the Vaporshark rDNA40 adds coil temperature control and wireless charging.

Or just go way cheaper like the upcoming IPV Mini. It's bigger brother seemed to build a good reputation.

Now that I think about it, isn't it great there's so many good choices around right now.

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a SX350 custom box mod, paid $225 for it and (to me) worth every penny. As a RTA user, step down is huge. HUGE!! Someone in this thread mentioned when we realize the crap we are using is really crap, I couldn't agree more. The difference between the SX350 and my DNA 30 is like fuel injection to carburetion. Imagine getting the actual voltage you want.

That is a game changer for anyone that uses a Kayfun-style device, Nautilus/Kanger clearo, any RTA and many genny builds. RDA's not so much because you are going to be hitting above 4.2 volts anyways. I don't cloud chase and I go over 4.2 with a single coil on my Magma. So if you want to join the "Watt War", go ahead. But in a RTA, you will seldom have reasonable need for over 25 watts (even with an Orchid or Fogger). Mods with step down should have another term because they are a different class of beast.

I want a DNA 40, I want a second mod with step down. I wouldn't trade my SX350 though. Temperature control may be ok but you need nickel wire and now we have another issue whether nickel wire is safe to vape.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I actually prefer my Yihi chips to my Evolve ones. If they come down a bit on the price I would be very interested.

As much as I don't like to, I admit the same... I've said that Evolv dropped the ball leaving step-down out of the DNA30 since it hit the market. As far as $$ goes.. Meh, I spent more on tobacco in a month for many years. I like a good deal as much as anyone else, but after 4+ years of being tobacco-free, I still budget the same $255.00 spent on tobacco monthly toward vape-gear. Whatever is left goes towards other things. I damn sure didn't deprive myself blowing that amount on tobacco for many years, and I refuse to deprive myself a sweet piece of gear if it's within my budget... ;)

Since I've been using an SX350 box-mod, my DNA30's, ProVari, REO, and mechs have been taking the backseat.. I still use them, just nowhere near as often. I REALLY like the real-time battery level indicator the SX350 offers. It's great to see the actual resting voltage compared to voltage under load... Watching the amount of sag shows overall battery condition quite well. ;) As for temp control, YiHi will have their version of it out soon. :2cool:

Reactions: madangus

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
I've encountered a good few SX350 boards that have failed after a few months so I don't think they're as reliable as Evolv boards, the Yihi boards are great when they're working though.

Same here and from first hand experience. The worst part about it is there was no warranty so when it was gone, it was gone.

Macaiah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Okinawa, Japan
Same here and from first hand experience. The worst part about it is there was no warranty so when it was gone, it was gone.

I have had one go bad on me(or so I thought. It turned out that an update fixed it). Contacted Yihi, and the board was replaced for free in my next order. All electronics have a failure rate, the question is how the failures will be resolved. I've had nothing but good interactions with the company and their products.

Out of 30+ chips, I had one that was suspected to be bad, and was replaced for free. I will admit that Evolv has GREAT customer service, but I have no complaints about Yihi as they have done right by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread