SXmini mod ... Yihi

Status
Not open for further replies.

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
Wanted to throw you guys a heads up here... I know ECF isn't too keen on linking to other forums and such, so no links, but there's a new thread today elsewhere online (you may have "read it" already) with photos of the temp control SXmini in action. Apparently YiHi is showing it off at some sort of convention in Vegas.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Not a lanyard, but I have a Sigelei leather case that goes on a belt and all my box mods fit in it. It was only like $6. I suppose you could wear it on a cord around your neck to get it up higher.

Thanks for that, but I need to figure out something that would actually attach to the mod somehow. If I drop it with the case, it still goes into the river.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Wanted to throw you guys a heads up here... I know ECF isn't too keen on linking to other forums and such, so no links, but there's a new thread today elsewhere online (you may have "read it" already) with photos of the temp control SXmini in action. Apparently YiHi is showing it off at some sort of convention in Vegas.

was about to order the current sx mini today but now I'll have to hold out for the sx350J

thanks

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I'm thinking about picking one of these up. I have no interest in TC so why wait? I do want to make sure I get one of the newer models with the spring loaded 510.
I believe the only difference in the 510 is the new one is shaved flat so people don't get the urge to try adjusting them...but sure, if you can might as well just get the newer one, cuz why not?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for that, but I need to figure out something that would actually attach to the mod somehow. If I drop it with the case, it still goes into the river.

Run a lanyard type cord with a quick link on it. Put the belt loop part of the case in the quick link. I think that would be very secure. I'll get pics for you tomorrow so you can see what I mean.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...

why are you risking ruining the sx mini by taking it fishing anyway? isn't that what cheap mods like an ipv mini are for? i could care less if one of those fell into the water but i would be really bummed out if i dropped an sx mini into the drink. just sayin'.........

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
Yesterday I ordered a SX mini from Ginger Vapers. I ordered the grey one. I got a phone call about an hour later from Richard, the owner of GV and he apologized that he was out of the grey but did have the black in stock. I told him to go ahead and send me a black one. We had a nice conversation and he said he will get it right out and throw in some additional goodies...I must say that I was very impressed that he called me immediately to let me know the grey was out of stock and offer me some options. A couple hours later I had a tracking number and it will arriving tomorrow (saturday).

Two Thumbs up for Richard and Ginger Vapers!

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Yesterday I ordered a SX mini from Ginger Vapers. I ordered the grey one. I got a phone call about an hour later from Richard, the owner of GV and he apologized that he was out of the grey but did have the black in stock. I told him to go ahead and send me a black one. We had a nice conversation and he said he will get it right out and throw in some additional goodies...I must say that I was very impressed that he called me immediately to let me know the grey was out of stock and offer me some options. A couple hours later I had a tracking number and it will arriving tomorrow (saturday).

That's good to hear.. :) I really dislike pre-orders, but was thinking about going ahead with one from GingerVaper for the SXminiJ M Class . ;)

YiHi SXmini Mod with Temperature Control - Ginger Vaper

BlewMyFaceUp

Jan 28, 2015

Does the mail move on weekends?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Varitube spent a couple of days with YiHi in their booth at the TPC convention in Vegas. They posted some helpful info including pix and a very brief video about the new SX Mini and the SX350J temp controlled chip in the suppliers forum here, here and here.

Man, I can't wait to get one of these in my hand... :) I like that the M class body was made with a new mold with "attention to surface imperfections". Temp Protection verified as working and accurate with a $10k FLIR.. It's going to be one helluva mod for certain. :smokie:

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin

Liking for the '52 Tele and Silverface Deluxe Reverb(?) Are you markophonic on the TDPRI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread