T3 Clearomizer bottom coil questions and issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd chance

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United States
I have some T3s on the way to me. I read several comments that if you don't plug some of the air holes you get mostly air. Suggestions on this?

2 ways I use

a toothpick put in the hole then carefully snap it off so the hole is filled with the toothpick tip

also hot glue gun , again using a toothpick, dab some glue on the end of the tooth pick and fill the hole with the glue on the toothpick

Do one hole at a time (there are 3 holes I think) and see what works for you as far as how many holes you want to fill

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Any burnt taste is probably from a dry wick (as in the wicks aren't sucking up juice fast enough). I had this happen frequently when I would chain vape. You can just let it sit for a minute, or you can try and suck without firing a couple times to prime the wick.

I replaced the wicks in my T3s with cotton, and have had no dry hits since. Also less leaking.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Any burnt taste is probably from a dry wick (as in the wicks aren't sucking up juice fast enough). I had this happen frequently when I would chain vape. You can just let it sit for a minute, or you can try and suck without firing a couple times to prime the wick.

I replaced the wicks in my T3s with cotton, and have had no dry hits since. Also less leaking.

What size wick did you use? Another trick for fixing dry hits is to raise the silicon cap that sits on top of them slightly and not to over tighten the coil and body. Worst case might be to notch that silicon seal slightly to keep the wicks from being compressed too much.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I used cotton balls. Spread a piece of one out a bit, and then twist it in a taper. Poke one end through the coils, and pull through till it's tight. Fluff it up a little, trim the ends, and voila.

Are you getting better, less-muted taste with the cotton? I might get brave and try it. I just figured out how to take the metal rods off within the past week, and I've noticed that all my original wicks look burnt. I rinsed them well in hot water, but that didn't make the burnt areas go away. I think a fresh wick every tank refill would be ideal...

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
Ok gang......I have finally figgured out why this finicky T3 of mine gurgles!!
First a short snopsis: I had filled my new T3 with a mix of JC Red Oak juices (100% VG) and almost immediately I got the gurgling sound. Read that it is from blocking the airholes. So I cleaned out the T3 and tubes, rinsed and refilled......same results, this time, the thing had puked juice out into the top of the battery. Cleaned that out and tried my extra head thinking the first one was bad. Po'd that it happened again, I rinsed and cleaned and dryed the extra head. Then filled it with SI 555. Since then NO PROBLEMS!

Seems the thinner VG juice leaks out thru the wick holes and the thicker PG juice does not. Also I make sure that I do not clog the air holes on the T3 and it has been working like a champ. The T3 doesn't like thin juice and likes to breath thru them thar airholes. :2c:

Last edited:

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
I just tried the cotton ball trick..............on my first t3...........I brought.. nearly a mth ago.its been sitting in the draw...nice clean and dry....old wick slid out easy. from coil..I followed the pics...cotton taper slid in easy...now I let it sit 10mins before trying..yes taste abit..weird at first..................didn't take long for flavour to kick in...............after a few vapes..........it was leaking...but ive now turned little cap upside down...and so far shes going good...if that fails..ill add one top wick.......ok turning cap up side down ..didn't work...so pulled apart again added..one top wick....yes its a winner for me...beening vaping hard on t3...no leaks....nice taste great vapour...sweet:banana:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread