T3 Clearomizer bottom coil questions and issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
I've switched from the regular clearos to the T3. I enjoy them a lot but seems like out of every 2 that I order 1 or sometimes both go bad. What I notice is after the first initial use and one cleaning, with a fully charged bat, I can not seem to draw anything. Another is the gurgling issue which doesn't really both me. The odd thing is when I go to fill them, after they have been used at least once, the liquid comes out of the other end?

I'm not using anything but SI liquid and some nicquid flavors. What do you guys do to clean these? Is there a video or something out there? Am I doing something wrong? It really is annoying after having a clearo for a week that I can't seem to draw anything out of it. Sometimes it feels clogged.

Cleaning - About every other refill I simply run the coil assembly under hot tap water for about a minute (get it down the air tube, past the coil, and out the threaded side). Once a week or so I'll take out the center post and flavor wicks after doing a normal rinse and put the coil directly under the hot water. Dry with a paper towel and be sure to hold it against the wicks so the excess water is removed. I hear soaking the coil in vodka / PGA really loosens up the gunk, but my two coils, both about 3 weeks old, have been doing fine with just hot water. Depends on the juice I guess.

Tight Draws - Filling past 2.6ml, in my experience, leads to tighter draws for a few vapes until the juice level goes down below 2.4. It could also be a cruddy coil/tight flavor wicks (if that makes sense). I had a similar problem, and after taking the coil assembly apart and putting it back together again, the draw was normal.

Gurgling/juice Leaking - Related problems. You hear the gurgling because you have juice the the air tube. Holding the clearo upside down (to refill), causes the juice to run down the airtube and out the mouthpiece side. Simple fix - shove a paper towel up the mouthpiece, into the airtube, before you flip the tank upside down. Keep it there for a bit then remove the paper towel. Check to make sure there is no more juice in the airtube.

Hope this helps, I am in no way a 'master' at this, just wanted to share the few things I've learned in my experiences using the T3.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Thanks a lot for the tips! How do you take out the center post? I noticed I can remove the small rubber circle. Also, it seems as if you just pull the wick, it will come out. Would removing that post also remove the wicks? I'll have to mess with it some more as it seems you need to do a little more to make sure they are proper before using them again.

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
yes the juice coming out when you go to refill is a pain but like drop kick said...just use a tissue ..paper towel...but depending how im feeling...at the time...I just remove head pour left over juice in a bottle...give the tube a good clean out..with hot water...then using a pipe cleaner...I cut my long pipe cleaners into 4inch peices ...to clean air tube...I really like to dry mine well..so get the pipe cleaners all over the inner tube..mouth piece...and yes everything else that dropkick said....ive been using mine just over 3wks now..and ive replaced those top 2 wicks with new wicks...ive stolen from old clearos...there working great...

Thanks a lot for the tips! How do you take out the center post? I noticed I can remove the small rubber circle. Also, it seems as if you just pull the wick, it will come out. Would removing that post also remove the wicks? I'll have to mess with it some more as it seems you need to do a little more to make sure they are proper before using them again.

Some say you can just 'wiggle' it out, but I had difficulty doing that. I used a pair of tweezers VERY CAREFULLY as a lever to pop it out. Remove the small rubber circle (the one with the skirt) before doing this. I'd be very careful pulling on the wicks. The top two flavour wicks come apart very easily, and if you pull too much on the coil wick you'll have quite the headache getting it back in (if at all without damaging the coil).

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The silicon seal on top of the wicks just slides off. The air tube can be removed by rocking it gently back and forth while pulling on it. This will expose the "flavor wicks" that just lay on top of the coil so be careful not to lose them in the process. At that point the coil and wicks held captive by it can be really cleaned. To re-assemble, position the "flavor wicks" carefully then press the air tube back into place. Don't forget to put the silicon seal back into place.

I would not recommend removing the wicks from the inside of the coil unless you have some magical method of putting them back into place. I believe the coil is actually wound around them during production and they are silica based and fairly brittle.

You can also dry burn the coil while the air post and "flavor wicks" are off. After it's re-assembled, you can let it sit for a while to dry, or just fill it and go. If you fill and go, the first few drags, maybe five or more, will have no vapor as the liquid has to get back into the wicks and coil, but no damage will be done.

A general observation is that the gurgling is more a result of "flagging" battery voltage than anything else. It can also be caused by over wicking which is why that inner silicon seal is important.

Just my opinion, worth what you're paying for it. Your results and mileage may vary. No warranty or guaranty is expressed or implied. Proceed at your own risk.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Have the head screwed onto a batt, and that post wiggles off very easily, with coil and wicks intact on the base. I wouldn't remove the two top wicks unless you have replacement wicking on standby. They fray and fall apart very easily, and if you thin them down, you'll get too much liquid going into the coil, causing leaks and flooding. Learned that the hard way! :laugh:

gdaym8

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
ATX
Just wanted to update you guys... Most of the gurgling and flooding issues are coming from clogging up the air holes...it forces liquid into the piping... this is caused by a buildup in pressure.

I have some T3s on the way to me. I read several comments that if you don't plug some of the air holes you get mostly air. Suggestions on this?

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
yes ive got to agree with imagine......cause on my autos...the only way they have a decent enough vape is to plug the holes...and even then I don't enjoy a full vape...and yes ive notice gurgling...some little flooding....but when I use my manuals..no holes filled no gurling or flooding...so in my opinion...t3s are only good for the manual battery...I havnt used the spinner yet...so I guess they'll give as good as the x2 manuals.....my:2c:

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
I'll try removing the center post sometime today. I won't mess with the coil and wick wrapped around the coil. I'll just clean it by removing the post. I didn't know you could do that. I noticed on SI site that you have the T3 bottom heads that can be purchased as a replacement. That's great news as I don't have to buy a whole other T3 unless the ones I have break or something. I ordered two of those yesterday as a replacement.

I do say though, the airy draw has not bothered me. But blocking 1 or 2 of the holes will give you a better hit at times. I definitely recommend the T3's over the X2. I'm pretty happy I don't have to shop at 2-3 different places since I can get everything at SI once in a while. I find that there are so many websites to get liquid and parts from but I've never bothered to try other parts.

I think next week I'll pick up one of those variable voltage batts. I've been using the 650mAh battery for so long the black covering has been coming off haha.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
I too have run into the gurgling sound on my T3, it usually happens while blocking the extra air holes. I have also run into the burnt taste with both the T3 and cartos on both the X2 and 78mm batts. I figured out that I am drawing on the Volt too slow and it gives the fluid more time to burn as it is flowing slower. I just increase my intake pull while inhaling and no burnt taste. Is has become almost a science in getting the perfect mix of tight draw and yet no burning taste. It just takes some practice, it's never going to be just like an analog draw.

Last edited:

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I'm still very new to Si and Volt products. I'm coming off Of 7 months and a small fortune down the tubes on GS. I shouldn't complain too too much though, seeing as they kept me off analogs for 8 months. A big reason I thinking stayed with them so long was because of their powerful flavors in their 24mg carts.

Anyway, this week I got 2 X2 900mah and 1 X2 650mah - both autos. I also got some cartos, a few 24mg juices (Volt chocolate, vanilla, and NicQuid Strawberry Fuzz), and 2 T3s.

I'm used to a pretty tight draw and warm/hot vape from the GS. Im guessing that they use a lower ohm coil. The Volt cartos seem to provide a fairly warm vape, however, none of the flavors really "pop" the way I am used to. I am a huge fan of Chocolate and like Vanilla as well, but I'm not getting a whole lot of flavor from the Volt or NicQuid juices. I'll be continuing to take suggestions for a good, strong, and sweet 24mg Chocolate.

As far as the T3s go, I filled one with the Strawberry Fuzz with no leaking or burnt/primer taste issues. However, it delivers the same airy draw that has been discussed by many here. It is also an extremely cool vape, and thus not delivering really any more flavor "pop" than the regular cartos.

I like the idea of the T3, but I'm also thinking that I'm going to need to regulate the air flow and probably a little more voltage to get what I'm looking for. I want to get 2 or 3 manuals anyway, and since there is only a $5 premium VS a comparable X2, the Spinner is probably the way to go. I may also want to try out the CE3s and maybe pick up some 808 cartos with a little lower ohm.

I apologize for being a little all over the place, but I'm still on info overload a little bit (heh, I probably always will be). I'm also very open to suggestion. I like the idea of primarily getting my HW at the same place and SI seems to have quality products and CS. I just need to get settled (for now anyway) on a setup that will work for me day to day.

I'm thrilled to have found this forum and SI, and have already received some great tips and guidance here! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread