Tacky/Unconventional Places to Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

1sewinmom

Apr 22, 2013
Four Oaks, NC
I think it's safe to assume that vaping inside a public library would be a no-no, although -- as with pretty much any place where it's prohibited or would be offensive to anyone, you can always excuse yourself to the restroom to do it in the privacy of a stall.

Or, in the case of our library, you can retire to the Director's office and vape away. I am the Director and only librarian. (Small town library)

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
When I am at work during our supervisor meetings, I would consider it bad form to vape. I also would not vape on my sales floor in front of customers. To me that's just good manners. However I also would not chew gum, eat (unless food was provided) or drink alcohol in the same situations for the same reason.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
When I am at work during our supervisor meetings, I would consider it bad form to vape. I also would not vape on my sales floor in front of customers. To me that's just good manners. However I also would not chew gum, eat (unless food was provided) or drink alcohol in the same situations for the same reason.
glare.gif
I wouldn't vape at meetings, too.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
I can't think of too many. Perhaps a classroom if you're a student or teacher. It's a pretty subjective topic. There are some people who say that it's tacky to vape in a hospital or grocery store. Others say it's tacky to vape in an elevator or at a gas pump. Others say there is no unconventional location to vape.

Any where I want using a method that doesn't allow others to see me. I vaped on a commercial flight to boston without anyone noticing. I kept scratching that itchy foot of mine LoL.

TheBull

May 1, 2013
Athens,GA
I vape EVERYWHERE i go. In homes and vehicles of friends/family i always ask permission first as a courtesy (unless they smoke their analogs there then i feel no need). I am proud of my hobby, and anyone who notices and feels like they need to say something is one more person i can educate. I LOVE getting off the wall reactions from waitresses, tellers, cashiers, security guards, bailiffs (and an enlightened judge), cops, nurses, doctors, parents, and analog smokers. I know enough about what im doing and how people think that i have always (knock on wood) been able to ease the minds of those with concerns. Ive never been asked to stop vaping or put away my pv, even though there have been times where i thought i was going to. IMO all it takes is a good attitude, being well informed, and a willingness to educate.

paperdesert

Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Oceanside, CA
I wouldn't vape while teaching. I've actually had to ask a student not too once as well. He was ripping off big clouds of vapor and it was very disruptive to the class. It was actually kind of hilarious when he realized that his 50 year old mathematics instructor didn't need vaping explained and recognized his mod. We ended up bonding over it a bit. :toast:

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
What flavors do you vape that leave a smell? I've heard other people say the same thing. My juices have a scent in their bottles and just when I exhale. No one has ever smelled anything linger.

I'm vaping Halo's Belgium Cocoa right now and I can't smell it (maybe because I'm vaping it) but been told the smell actually sticks around for a good 5 minutes. I actually don't Vape in supermarkets because even before I started vaping someone was in front of me in a supermarket once and I was trying to smell some produce and it messed with me.

I wouldn't vape while teaching. I've actually had to ask a student not too once as well. He was ripping off big clouds of vapor and it was very disruptive to the class. It was actually kind of hilarious when he realized that his 50 year old mathematics instructor didn't need vaping explained and recognized his mod. We ended up bonding over it a bit. :toast:

In college I remember having drinks with a teacher in-class before. And I'm sure two of my professors would have approved of vaping in-class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread