Taifun GT Discusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masguapoakosayo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
los angeles
Initially I had set mine up with mesh and silica on top but with my juice(grants)was turning dark red, you can actually see it coming out of the mesh a different color so I decided to go with 3 strands of silica just like the manual says and it's vaping excellent with no color change. The versatility of this atty puts it over the top for me.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Initially I had set mine up with mesh and silica on top but with my juice(grants)was turning dark red, you can actually see it coming out of the mesh a different color so I decided to go with 3 strands of silica just like the manual says and it's vaping excellent with no color change. The versatility of this atty puts it over the top for me.

Ya i'm gonna try that setup next this is great with the different setups. With the mesh and silica on top I got not 1 dry hit sucks it wright in. Also no leaks.

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Hard to say witch one I like better at this point. They are both really nice the Taifun is more versatile and i'd say slightly tighter draw barely noticeable. But with the taifun there are draw tubes you can change I like the draw as it is. Same goes with draw on k lite very happy with both draw wise. Also very easy to set up and use on both. The build is great on both they are both winners!

Last edited:

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Yes I agree, can't go wrong with any of them, but if I had to choose I would go with the taifun gt, just because of it's versatility.

Ya I would agree if I could only have 1 I would also take the GT for same reason more options for how you can use it mesh,silaca or both:thumb:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
This is what I truly HATE about the e-cig manufacturers. They just WILL NOT produce enough product to meet demand. I was watching the site SmokerStore.de & their preorder was to begin at the beginning of this hour. I get busy at work and it is open and done within a few minutes. Are you kidding me? Seriously? Beyond frustrating. So many times I have wanted to purchase an E-Cig item and it is gone before you can fill out their order system.

Sometimes it makes me want to go back to cigarettes. At least you can walk into any store anywhere and buy a pack. With the really good products like the Taifun GT you just can't buy the thing. I have been off tobacco for four years and have seen this over and over and over. When are manufacturers going to produce enough to meet demand. All this does is make the resale market go through the roof. Stupid, truly industrial strength stupid.

masguapoakosayo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
los angeles
Tbh I've been wondering about which one performed the best for me, the Kayfun or the Taifun...

So I made a little head-to-head battle here:

http://www.joozeit.com/taifun-kayfun/
Enjoyed your vid, I prefer the taifun myself but you can't really go wrong with either one, and when you replaced the air tube on the taifun, did the draw became more comparable to the kayfun lite? because I find the draw on the lite a little airy.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
i saw your video the other day, great review. i have wanted a Taifun GT just because i like my Kayfun so much but, for nearly 200.00 shipped i just can't justify the price vs the Kayfun. and now after seeing a head to head comparison i'm definately not shelling out that kinda cash! i know some people are against clones but i hope someone makes a GOOD clone of this device someday....

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I have had k-lites. I have a kayfuns and taifuns for 3 months now. I bought them at retail. for the kayfun 3.1's I paid 160 and 180 shipped from intaste and vaperev. The taifun gt's I paid 160 shipped a piece from smokerstore.de. I think I paid $95 shipped for the kaylite. So the 3.1's and GT are essentially the same price if you buy them at the places that drop VAT for US folks. I always get a chuckle seeing either for over $200 or traded for something that is more expensive, it just takes a little patience and either is easy enough to find.

As for the vape, flavor is better on the taifun and it's much easier to fill. Since you just fill it like a bottom coil clearomizer and it's large, I just dump juice in out of a glass bottle. The 3.1 I use a plastic tipped syringe and a fill valve which is easy enough but less convenient if you are not at home. The lite is simple enough with a syring but the screw always seemed to hold some juice.

None of them are particularly hard to set up but there are differences. The Taifun has a larger variety of options than the kayfuns. The kayfun 3.1 is probably the most forgiving because a slight flood will just go in the collector tank.

All in all, if I could only have one, it would be the Taifun as I like the flavor better, plus filling and routine cleaning are a bit simpler. Oh and one difference of convenience is the Taifun has a truly adjustable 510 where as the kayfuns do not. I have the different sized air tubes but I enjoy the draw as is. I prefer the 3.1 to the lite but the lite is a bit smaller since it does not have the collectorr tank on the bottom. I'd just grab something much smaller than any of the three if I wanted a stealth vape.

I think you can't go wrong with any of them though. It's all about what is more important to you.

shroom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Brooklyn
This is what I truly HATE about the e-cig manufacturers. They just WILL NOT produce enough product to meet demand. I was watching the site SmokerStore.de & their preorder was to begin at the beginning of this hour. I get busy at work and it is open and done within a few minutes. Are you kidding me? Seriously? Beyond frustrating. So many times I have wanted to purchase an E-Cig item and it is gone before you can fill out their order system.

Sometimes it makes me want to go back to cigarettes. At least you can walk into any store anywhere and buy a pack. With the really good products like the Taifun GT you just can't buy the thing. I have been off tobacco for four years and have seen this over and over and over. When are manufacturers going to produce enough to meet demand. All this does is make the resale market go through the roof. Stupid, truly industrial strength stupid.

Register on the site, set up the notification, and be there on time. Then you will have more than enough time to buy the product.

I personally started to vape less than three months ago and was able to buy everything I wanted using the simple formula. This is a part of my collection.

gd4s.jpg

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Register on the site, set up the notification, and be there on time. Then you will have more than enough time to buy the product.

I personally started to vape less than three months ago and was able to buy everything I wanted using the simple formula. This is a part of my collection.

gd4s.jpg

To add, Kayfuns are sold at a bunch of different stores. I prefer intaste.de as they have the best prices for those who reside in the US and the shipping is fedex express. But, not a week goes by that kayfuns aren't available somewhere.

Taifuns, create an account at smokerstore and look at the page for the presale date. The next one will almost certainly be next week and they seem to all be at 2pm EST. I haven't had to f5 or anything, they seem to allow a good number, just log on and into your account at the time and buy one. Worked twice for me. The last one I got was serial 1270ish I think, so they have made a few.

As with most things, besides caravelas and maybe a few others, if you look around you will find one or info on how to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread