The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Taifun GT Discusion!

Discussion in 'RTA' started by speedemon, Jun 18, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pAth77

pAth77 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2010
    Bay Area
    I was fortunate to be able to snag some today as well so I'm curious to know how long it takes. I actually tried to order three (the supposed max), but only two went into my cart. Once I finished checking out, they were sold out so I thinking that I may have bought the last two. If so, then I feel extremely lucky. Can't wait to throw one of these bad boys on top of one of my ELAs!

2. masguapoakosayo

masguapoakosayo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2013
    los angeles
    I ordered from the last batch on 06-18-13 and they shipped it 7-11-13. Well worth the wait IMO, with it's versatility it is truly a top notch atty.

3. cpomeray

cpomeray Full Member Verified Member

May 7, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    Ordered my Taifun GT on 7/24 and received it on the US west coast 8/24. I Immediately got to setting it up and on the just the first coil and wick it is instantly the vape that I have been searching for. After many tries I could never get my genesis style atomizers tasting as clean as this and now at the end of my first GT tank it is hard to put it down.

4. nelsonm64

nelsonm64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    that's great, glad you like it. i have a KFL and love it but am always looking for the ultimate vape ;) i ordered a taifun GT clone. i don't expect it to be the same but if it's as good as i think it will be i'll probably end up ordering a real one down the road! just wish they where 22mm, not 23mm like the Ithaka.. not a super big deal though!

5. shroom

shroom Moved On

May 24, 2013
    Brooklyn
  6. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I ordered mine on 8/24. Received it 9/20.

7. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Ordered mine today so I should get it in a month. I'm looking forward to trying it.

8. pAth77

Nov 26, 2010
    Bay Area
    Mine finally arrived today. Set it up with cotton and it's performing great. My only gripe is that I didn't order the bigger draw tube. The standard draw is a bit tighter than a KFLite. Here's mine on an ELA in 350 mode.

[​IMG]

9. shroom

shroom Moved On

May 24, 2013
    Brooklyn
    That is sexy looking coffee machine... :)

10. HauntedMyst

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Path, your pics make me want my ELA to arrive even quicker! With any lick, my GT will be here around the same time.

11. pAth77

Nov 26, 2010
    Bay Area
    HM, I hope you get your ELA soon. My second is on the way :evil: The Taifun is definitely a perfect topper for it. I ordered the looser draw tube for it yesterday, but when I got home I tried pulling out the stock draw tube and running it without one....dammit if this thing isn't perfect now! If anyone thinks that the draw is too tight, save yourself the shipping charges and try running it without one before buying the looser tube.

12. HauntedMyst

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Thanks! As for the tube, I'm gonna try that on my GS tonight! It too is a little tight, even tighter when that wick swells up.

13. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    Can you be a little bit more specific about what you are doing to loosen up the draw? Which piece is the draw tube and how is it not leaking without everything in place?

14. pAth77

Nov 26, 2010
    Bay Area
    The draw tube is the small tube that sits just below the coil at the base of the deck. To remove it, all you need is a pair of pliers to grip it and then slowly pull it out. You can refer to NavyLifeguard's YouTube video to see what I mean. It's not in English, but you'll see how to remove the draw tube at around the 7:00-8:00 minute mark. If you're building it correctly, then there won't be any leaks. If you don't build it right, then you'll have leaks even with the draw tube is installed. My current build is with a single strand of 3mm organic cotton wick through the chimney holes and a double strand at the coil.

15. Rule62

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I'm using basically the same build I'm using in the Kayfun, except the wicks are shorter. Single cotton wick in a 1/16 dia. micro coil. Wick ends trimmed off just beyond the chimney holes. The cotton swells enough when it's wet, so there is no leak.

16. masguapoakosayo

masguapoakosayo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2013
    los angeles
    Thanks path, what a difference, now the draw is just how I like it plus you saved me some money too!

17. SheerLuckHolmes

SheerLuckHolmes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    Got the air tube out the other night & have been experimenting with builds. The air draw is now perfect for me. Thanks so much for that tip, pAth77. Now it is just a matter of creating the best build I can. I was using SS mesh when the draw was tight. Now I am on a silica micro coil 1.1 ohm. Will use this one for a couple of days waiting for it to break in. But I suspect I will go back to SS mesh by the end of next week.

I was hoping to love the Taifun GT out of the box, but it is proving a challenge. The Kayfun Lite and my Russian are easier and I love them with SS mesh & cotton. I want to get my GT to the same level of enjoyment.

18. pAth77

Nov 26, 2010
    Bay Area
    Glad my tip help some of you guys out. I had high hopes for the T-GT too. It's still a great RBA, but I'm still getting better performance out of my KF and Ithaka. I've had those for so long now that I'm sure that it's just a matter of locking in the right setup for the T-GT. I use cotton for all my builds, but I'm just not getting the same flavor out of it. I did build a coil last night with a single strand of 2mm ekowool, and the flavor is significantly improved. The draw tube I ordered should be here Monday so I'll experiment with it, but I should have it all dialed in soon. I'll report back.

19. Rule62

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I love the Taifun GT. I build it about the same as I do with the Kayfuns; cotton ball/micro coil, except, of course, the wick is shorter. The trick seems to be getting the cotton piece the right size, so that it plugs the side holes enough that it doesn't leak; but not so large that it chokes off the wicking ability of the cotton. Remember that the cotton swells when it's saturated with juice; so the end result will fill the side holes properly, although it may not completely fill the holes when it's dry. For me, once I got the piece of cotton sized right, it vapes every bit as well as the Kayfun lite.

20. digitals

digitals Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Indiana
    Scored the GT today. Looking forward to receiving and setting it up. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.