Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
So you ordered last month, the 22nd or something like that?

Actually, I ordered a little bit after that. I was on the site, ordering some spares for my other one, and noticed that the month's list was still open, so I ordered another one. I should get it this week. My first one took about a month. Ordered on 8/24, and received around 9/23 or 24.

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
Actually, I ordered a little bit after that. I was on the site, ordering some spares for my other one, and noticed that the month's list was still open, so I ordered another one. I should get it this week. My first one took about a month. Ordered on 8/24, and received around 9/23 or 24.

I see. Good to read its worth having two GTs. I'm hoping it performs well; on par with my KFs.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
This thread doesn't receive a lot of action. I grabbed spares with my purchase, and the solid tank section.

Could someone post some pics up of the internals/build next time you tear down?

Or perhaps there is another thread moving along for the GT discussion?

Darn, I just rewicked yesterday, and forgot to take pictures. Anyway, I use the same coil build I use in the Kayfuns. Cotton ball wick. I trim the cotton just a little beyond the slots. Maybe 1-2mm. Make sure to put a couple drops of juice around the o ring on the cap that goes over the wick/coil before screwing it down, so that the o ring doesn't pinch.

doghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Got my GT and set it up with cotton. Gotta say it's performing like a champ. I have a couple of KF 3.1s and an Ithaka and the GT is on par if not better than those. It's surprising this RBA doesn't get more love. I just find it odd that people are still using Genesis RBAs when you consider the whole need to tilt, leaking and the issues with chromium on SS mesh. The silica based RBAs like the Kayfun and Taifun are so much easier to setup and produce amazing flavour, throat hit and vapour.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Got my GT and set it up with cotton. Gotta say it's performing like a champ. I have a couple of KF 3.1s and an Ithaka and the GT is on par if not better than those. It's surprising this RBA doesn't get more love. I just find it odd that people are still using Genesis RBAs when you consider the whole need to tilt, leaking and the issues with chromium on SS mesh. The silica based RBAs like the Kayfun and Taifun are so much easier to setup and produce amazing flavour, throat hit and vapour.

What ever keeps them off cigs and if Genesis rebuildables are doing it,that is what they will continue to use.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

I agree, the Taifun is a great atty. It probably doesn't get a lot of talk because they're not as readily available as Kayfuns.
I do still love my mesh gennys though. I don't see myself completely retiring them. I use them in rotation along with my kayfun, Taifun, and Squape.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I just find it odd that people are still using Genesis RBAs when you consider the whole need to tilt, leaking and the issues with chromium on SS mesh.

well the tilt issue is something I have only run into on a mechanicals, on my vv the genis run fine and can run dry when held vertically.
The chromium "issue" is still up for debate and many people like me have gone to unoxidized wick setups to help lessen or avoid this problem (if it is a problem)

and so far as well as my other attys work they still do not beat the mesh flavor for me, for many this is a fact, so much so that even Pbusardo has set up his taifun with SS mesh and said it is the best vape he has ever had, even better then the soft wick he started with. when my taifun actually does decide to show up I will be going to the same setup.

Last edited:

doghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
well the tilt issue is something I have only run into on a mechanicals, on my vv the genis run fine and can run dry when held vertically.
The chromium "issue" is still up for debate and many people like me have gone to unoxidized wick setups to help lessen or avoid this problem (if it is a problem)

and so far as well as my other attys work they still do not beat the mesh flavor for me, for many this is a fact, so much so that even Pbusardo has set up his taifun with SS mesh and said it is the best vape he has ever had, even better then the soft wick he started with. when my taifun actually does decide to show up I will be going to the same setup.

Fair enough. I was a fan of SS Mesh but the oxide discussion just scared me off and setting it up without oxidizing was a bit of a pain. Either way, I would also give cotton (from organic cotton balls) a shot in the Taifun. Flavour and wicking wise it beats silica and ekowool. Can't give a good comparison to SS Mesh in terms of flavour because I abondoned mesh some time ago.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
...Could someone post some pics up of the internals/build next time you tear down?

As requested:

e4etyva7.jpg

This is 5 wraps of 28g kanthal on doubled organic cotton wick; it registers just above 0.8 ohms. I don't run a draw tube on mine so I set the coil as low to the base as possible. The top strand of cotton runs through the wick hole, but I tuck the bottom strand down to the base in order to pick up any juice that might inadvertently find its way down there. Because I don't use a draw tube, not having any wick at the base could cause juice (e.g. from condensation) to find its way down the air hole. This setup has given me the best results thus far, and I've been setting up the Taifun like this for the past few months.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I got my TGT from ecis-shop (ordered on a Friday and arrived to me in Utah 2 Mondays later...So 10 days including two weekends)

I can't say enough good things about the owner of the store!!! Really nice guy and great to work with!!!

He and I are both into ceramic wicks, and is even sending me a prototype Taifun ceramic wick accessory kit to try on the TGT. (Should be to me the first part of next week)

My first setup was a 1.3ohm cotton micro build. For me at least, this is my first build and better than any cotton build I have done on my Russian (Kayfun 3.1 clone).

Here are some pics of the prototype Taifun ceramic wick accessory kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread