Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Draw tube? That inside tube that seals it? Sorry I'm a noob to this one. Just got it setup yesterday. Loving it!! Xc-116 and 1.4 ohm. Kickin ash!
It's the little tube sticking up in the center of the base between the posts where you attach the coil. As I understand it the one it comes with is 1.2 mm id and a 1 mm and 1.5 mm are available, this is how the air flow can be adjusted. With the original this atty had the best flavor I've ever seen but the draw was too tight for my liking. With the tube left out the draw was where I liked but that good flavor disappeared so with the help from the air tube from a CE2 (maybe 3) I put in a 1.5 mm ID tube that I cut down and now I have a happy medium.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
It's the little tube sticking up in the center of the base between the posts where you attach the coil. As I understand it the one it comes with is 1.2 mm id and a 1 mm and 1.5 mm are available, this is how the air flow can be adjusted. With the original this atty had the best flavor I've ever seen but the draw was too tight for my liking. With the tube left out the draw was where I liked but that good flavor disappeared so with the help from the air tube from a CE2 (maybe 3) I put in a 1.5 mm ID tube that I cut down and now I have a happy medium.

Cool!! I like the draw just the way it is. Thanks again!!!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I ordered one at about 7am EST on the 14th, shipped on the 18th and its still circling around SF. I guess bapgood has enough fasttech frequent flyer miles to put him at the elite/platinum level for direct to Utah shipping. :D.

From the pics, the clone looked good from the outside, but .... ugly under the surface (JKIR)...but for 20% of price of an authentic, its all in the vape.... too bad for $2 more of stainless parts and they would have had a total win.

You're probably aware of this already but just in case - fasttech are offering the a Steel version of the deck free of charge to the people that purchased the clone, just open a support ticket.

Total win!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
You're probably aware of this already but just in case - Fasttech are offering the a Steel version of the deck free of charge to the people that purchased the clone, just open a support ticket.

Total win!
Mine from FT is currently in transit, when it gets here I'll be sure let them know.
I like extra parts.

St.Cloud

Sep 28, 2013
US
Did a Dual Coil setup today using 32g Kanthal 4 wraps each side, it was an absolute pain to setup but it was always something that got me curious if it was possible to dual coil a Taifun.

The flavor is really amazing but the vapor is weak probably because the airflow hole isn't on top of the coils.

I CANNOT recommend this build, too much of a headache not much in return other than better flavor and you get less vapor.
I'm just going to finish this tank and go back to my mesh build.

Dual_Coil.png

Last edited:

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia
hi guys, for the original taifun, is the Part 1 & Part 2 separated like this (pic is clone)? As far as i know from PBusardo review, its machined as 1 part right?

but my friend bought original taifun its separated like this.. meanwhile my other friend bought the clone one its machined as 1 part..

so which one is true?

lysw.jpg

I saw some review videos on the Taifun original and those parts are not detachable. My clone also is the same.

MechaHerc

Feb 14, 2013
Malaysia
I saw some review videos on the Taifun original and those parts are not detachable. My clone also is the same.

u seems very familiar.. lol.. yeah, i dont know which one is original.. but my friend that bought original taifun, i can guarantee it, its original n that part is detachable.. but from some review, its not detachable.. and also got some original with Taifun TM (not R) there..

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
u seems very familiar.. lol.. yeah, i dont know which one is original.. but my friend that bought original taifun, i can guarantee it, its original n that part is detachable.. but from some review, its not detachable.. and also got some original with Taifun TM (not R) there..

I have 2 Taifun GT originals. Parts 1 and 2 are not detachable. It is 1 piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread