Status
Not open for further replies.

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
I really love what we are doing here so much I have tried to use this theory in alot odf things. I joined a group on yahoo called freecycle, where you can list anything you dont need and people email you if they want it. If I see a post on the forum anywhere of someone I can help I offer. I have done this a few times. Today I made an offer to someone who had mention to me they thought they might need something I had ,it was a newb here on ecf . and got a message back that they would not feel comfortable giving out their home address through any forum. I felt so bad I made them uncomfortable. I feel like creepy stalker woman! I guess I will keep it inside our group from now on!:oops:

Last edited:

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Its not uncommon. However having spent over 20 yrs on the internet and met several people I found on the web, I feel the fear is highly over rated LOL

It really doesnt take long to figure out who the not so reliable people are.
Just move on and dont worry about others fears.
They really cant handle someone being nice to them:)

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
I have some juices that I like, but I don't love... hubby wont let me buy anymore until I vape what I have lol, but I'm alittle scared (not because of strangers, I love strangers.. they have the BEST candy!!) to trade or do the PIF. Ive been lurking around the PIF for a few days... waiting to see something I might want.. I dunno lol. I'm just weird.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I have some juices that I like, but I don't love... hubby wont let me buy anymore until I vape what I have lol, but I'm alittle scared (not because of strangers, I love strangers.. they have the BEST candy!!) to trade or do the PIF. Ive been lurking around the PIF for a few days... waiting to see something I might want.. I dunno lol. I'm just weird.

The people in this group are some of the best around. I've been involved in the PIF movement ever since the very first thread that Whataclumsygirl started. I can honestly say that I haven't heard of anything bad happening except for something getting lost in the mail. It is, of course, up to you how much you are willing to participate but know that if I felt for a second that someone was untrustworthy or creepy they would not be on here at all. I feel like an old mother hen when it comes to the members on here,lol I do have one person that I trade with quite often that just lists his first name and last initial. That might make you feel a little better doing it that way, idk, it might not. Just do what you feel is right.

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
The people in this group are some of the best around. I've been involved in the PIF movement ever since the very first thread that Whataclumsygirl started. I can honestly say that I haven't heard of anything bad happening except for something getting lost in the mail. It is, of course, up to you how much you are willing to participate but know that if I felt for a second that someone was untrustworthy or creepy they would not be on here at all. I feel like an old mother hen when it comes to the members on here,lol I do have one person that I trade with quite often that just lists his first name and last initial. That might make you feel a little better doing it that way, idk, it might not. Just do what you feel is right.
I'm not worried about my name or address or anything, heck my screen name is my name lol... sadly enough I've just never mailed any kind of package or anything and am afraid I would goof up :(

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I'm not worried about my name or address or anything, heck my screen name is my name lol... sadly enough I've just never mailed any kind of package or anything and am afraid I would goof up :(

You can't goof up anything that can't be fixed. I buy a 10 pack of 4x7 padded envelopes from Walmart. I also get a big package of baggies from the craft section. Any liquids I send get put in the baggie just in case the bottle leaks. I dont want someone getting it on their hands and not know what it is. The envelopes have this little strip you pull off to seal it. If I don't feel like putting it in the envelope right then I write the name and address on a small white label and put it in the baggie with the liquid. Then all I have to do is pull the label out, put the baggie in the envelope, seal it and put the sticker on the front of it. It's all done and ready to go.

You can usually fit anything you are trading in a 4x7 envelope and they are cheap. I think they are less than $3 for a 10 pack. It really is a great way to try new things.

VRubin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2010
Illinois
You can't goof up anything that can't be fixed. I buy a 10 pack of 4x7 padded envelopes from Walmart. I also get a big package of baggies from the craft section. Any liquids I send get put in the baggie just in case the bottle leaks. I dont want someone getting it on their hands and not know what it is. The envelopes have this little strip you pull off to seal it. If I don't feel like putting it in the envelope right then I write the name and address on a small white label and put it in the baggie with the liquid. Then all I have to do is pull the label out, put the baggie in the envelope, seal it and put the sticker on the front of it. It's all done and ready to go.

You can usually fit anything you are trading in a 4x7 envelope and they are cheap. I think they are less than $3 for a 10 pack. It really is a great way to try new things.
Okay, you talked me into it lol.. I'm going to have to try it now

Jules22871

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Yeah, I have some sweet flavors from vikingvapor that arent my cup of tea, i prefer fruity flavors myself.
Alright, I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and try it sometime

When you put it in the PIF thread, don't get discouraged if it takes a little while for the offer to be taken. Sometimes it moves along pretty fast and other times it's at a snail's pace. If you have something specific in mind that you want to trade for you might want to put it on the swap thread first. Either one works pretty good.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I feel the same way,My postal workers helped me figure it out.Its a small PO,they told me how!I said excuse me but Im postal illiterate and I need help!Now they know me!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread