Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I know absolutely nothing about it. I have prostate cancer and can't sleep at night due to the pain, I tried a Norco before bedtime, and slept pretty good, but didn't like how I felt in the morning, so just as soon not mess with it.
The daughter in law was telling me about her boyfriend who was in an automobile wreck and used something called RJ something or other. He'd put just a drop on a cracker before bed and it helped him a lot.
I did briefly talk to my Primary care Dr., about the medical stuff, and while not against it, she would be concerned about me becoming dizzy, dis oriented, and fall and break a bone as I have osteoporosis. I want to talk to my Urologist about it, but don't see him till next month.
So anyway, maybe start a convo here and maybe I can become a little more enlightened.

Thanks.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks for the link. I realize now that I am asking this as non vaping question in a vaping forum. Is that considered off topic? Just don't know really where to start.
Nah, you're fine. This subforum is really for general cannabis discussion, not just vaping.
I'm not qualified to give advice about medical cannabis, but I know a lot of people who benefit from it. Hopefully someone here is more knowledgeable about it. I'm knowledgeable about cannabis in general, but when it comes to using it as a medicine, I don't know much.
Really sorry to hear about your cancer and pain. I hope you find something that helps you my friend.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    We purchased edibles for my parents. Best to find ones that carry a high CBD percentage and low to moderate THC. Look to start at 2.5 to 5mg THC a half hour before bedtime. Once you get the hang of it, you can increase your intake and time taken before bed. Make sure this doesn't counteract or is in conflict with any other prescribed medications. My prayers are with you.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    I need to talk to the dil's boyfriend for more info on that.
    My Urologist is looking at some stronger meds, and is quite hopeful to get me 2-3 more years, but I dunno. The wheels turn slowly it seems.
    I'll let ya know when I find out more about what he was using. Thank you all for your responses.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I know absolutely nothing about it. I have prostate cancer and can't sleep at night due to the pain, I tried a Norco before bedtime, and slept pretty good, but didn't like how I felt in the morning, so just as soon not mess with it.
    The daughter in law was telling me about her boyfriend who was in an automobile wreck and used something called RJ something or other. He'd put just a drop on a cracker before bed and it helped him a lot.
    I did briefly talk to my Primary care Dr., about the medical stuff, and while not against it, she would be concerned about me becoming dizzy, dis oriented, and fall and break a bone as I have osteoporosis. I want to talk to my Urologist about it, but don't see him till next month.
    So anyway, maybe start a convo here and maybe I can become a little more enlightened.

Thanks.
    I'm guessing he was using Rick Simpson Oil, often referred to as RSO. Here's a link - What is Rick Simpson Oil? | Make & use RSO | Leafly

I hope you find some relief!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Found some at a shop near me, will be checking it out tomorrow, and probably get some to hold me over till I get a card.
    Just curious. What's the difference between being a cardholder or not in California? Here in Florida, it's around $300/yr for the 9 month doctors authorization and card fees. That, as opposed to when we went to Oregon last month and could get pretty much whatever we wanted at the half dozen shops within a 2 mile radius from where we stayed.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    Yes, this is my first experience with cannabis. I think I overdid it for the first time, by just a bit, not serious tho, I just feel like it coulda been a little smaller dot I put on that cracker. I sure slept a lot, which I needed tho. Once I had the dose, I wasn't going to add any to it later on because I wanted to see for sure what I had taken would do. Now I know to decrease it a bit.
    After about 45 minutes I started feeling woozy, then just really tired. Now, this morning at about 3 am, I still feel like I can sleep more. I took the dose at 11:45 yesterday morning. So, now I'll see what happens today.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Yes, this is my first experience with cannabis. I think I overdid it for the first time, by just a bit, not serious tho, I just feel like it coulda been a little smaller dot I put on that cracker. I sure slept a lot, which I needed tho. Once I had the dose, I wasn't going to add any to it later on because I wanted to see for sure what I had taken would do. Now I know to decrease it a bit.
    After about 45 minutes I started feeling woozy, then just really tired. Now, this morning at about 3 am, I still feel like I can sleep more. I took the dose at 11:45 yesterday morning. So, now I'll see what happens today.
    I'm glad to hear you got some restful sleep. Everything seems worse without it. I hope it continues to give you some relief!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Good plan friend. Everyone reacts to substances differently but for me, after using cannabis a few times (say, over the course of a week or two) it starts to affect me in a different way. It stops being such a jarring shift in consciousness and becomes more relaxing, for example. Will be interesting to see how it affects you after using it for a while. I really hope it brings you some relief.

Wish my dad could use it. He also has cancer and his two biggest issues are not being able to eat much (no appetite, nausea) and not being able to sleep well. It could potentially help with both of those problems. But he's in a very unfriendly state.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    Good plan friend. Everyone reacts to substances differently but for me, after using cannabis a few times (say, over the course of a week or two) it starts to affect me in a different way. It stops being such a jarring shift in consciousness and becomes more relaxing, for example. Will be interesting to see how it affects you after using it for a while. I really hope it brings you some relief.

Wish my dad could use it. He also has cancer and his two biggest issues are not being able to eat much (no appetite, nausea) and not being able to sleep well. It could potentially help with both of those problems. But he's in a very unfriendly state.

I figured it would take awhile for my body to get used to it. My problems are the same as your dads, no appetite, couldn't sleep, ect., ect. I hope for help from the cannabis in several areas, but we will see. Sorry your dad doesn't have the access.
    Attached are pics of what I'm using.

Cannabis1.jpg Cannabis2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread