• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tank/Carto setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Gold plated envelope. Vaporbest is a US vendor anyway, and doesn't meet the OPs criteria.

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is a tank is a tank. Its a round tube that holds juice. It's what's in the middle that counts, and that is entirely personal preference.

Yeah, I've never used a cartomizer before, so I guess i'm my question was more or less directed at the cartomizers themselves haha.

What do you use to punch them Battlelance?

I'm hoping that these will work good with Jughead's 100% VG line.

Last edited:

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm stuck on Boges myself, although I haven't really tried anything else. A smoktech single coil came with my stubby tank, and that died after two days, so I'm not in a huge rush to try any of their cartos. I would like to give a Kanger a try, but I'm sure others can chime in with their experience. I will say though that I compared a SR boge from about 5 months ago to a brand new one and the flavour isn't the same - still good, but not the same.

As for how I punch... I don't actually punch my cartos. If I'm in a rush, I'll use the dremel to slot it. If I'm not in a rush, I'll dremel a notch and finish with a small plumbers hack saw. And for jugs juice, I'd say you'd probably need to either slot/punch both sides (see grimmgreen's video on punching cartos), or thin the juice out a little with some distilled water or pg (I use pg).

RicZilla

May 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
I mostly slot my Boges and fill the tanks with with juggies juice JS 2.0 & 3.0 and true north menthol. I cut 2X 5-6 mm slots at the bottom of the tank with a dremel. So far it works well never a dry hit only flooding is when I fill too much or drop juice in the carto and not the tank. Just wish the Boges lasted longer and had more flavour than before and not as many duds.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Screw it. I'm just going to buy all the tanks, and all the cartos haha.

Haha, I'm doing that myself. Buying the Boge F16, 6 ml smoktech, 3.5 ml smoktech and the Ego threaded 3.5 ml.

Then I'm gonna grab the straight cone for the 3.5 ml tanks and the one with the flare for the bigger tanks. :p The 3.5 ml smoktechs are about the diameter of a an EGO, the f16 and 6 ml or 4.5 ml have a wider diameter.

They're all basically the same, as someone said .. and none of those are Canadian links - sorry I just linked what I ordered. Most Canadian vendors have the smoktech's and f16 now. The Ego DCT is the only one I had a hard time finding, vapoursolutions was the only vendor I found, but again with free shipping, surevapes in the states won for me. :)

cloudsofvapor and phiniac both have a really good punch and fill tool. Jugheads has a super cheap punch tool, that I haven't used and almost every vendor has the smoktech filler tool now.

I've always used boges personally, the quality went down recently, but is getting better again, as did smoktech's. If you don't want to bother punching or slotting, most vendors have smoktech and boge pre-punched and flanged cartomizers - they're just a bit price-y and the dual coils won't work great on an Ego.

Last edited:

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Haha, I'm doing that myself. Buying the Boge F16, 6 ml smoktech, 3.5 ml smoktech and the Ego threaded 3.5 ml.

Then I'm gonna grab the straight cone for the 3.5 ml tanks and the one with the flare for the bigger tanks. :p The 3.5 ml smoktechs are about the diameter of a an EGO, the f16 and 6 ml or 4.5 ml have a wider diameter.

They're all basically the same, as someone said .. and none of those are Canadian links - sorry I just linked what I ordered. Most Canadian vendors have the smoktech's and f16 now. The Ego DCT is the only one I had a hard time finding, vapoursolutions was the only vendor I found, but again with free shipping, surevapes in the states won for me. :)

cloudsofvapor and phiniac both have a really good punch and fill tool. Jugheads has a super cheap punch tool, that I haven't used and almost every vendor has the smoktech filler tool now.

I've always used boges personally, the quality went down recently, but is getting better again, as did smoktech's. If you don't want to bother punching or slotting, most vendors have smoktech and boge pre-punched and flanged cartomizers - they're just a bit price-y and the dual coils won't work great on an Ego.

Haha, my order is going to be through canvape, I'm going to get the 4ml chrome smoktech tank, F16 tank, 4.5ml stubby smoktech tank, and the 6ml smoktech tank, along with some stubby smoketech pre-punched cartos, and some stainless steel boge cartos. And the tank refiller tool to boot. Hopefully at least one of them works out alright!

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Should be good, except that the dual coils don't work great on the EGO. If you haven't ordered, you might want cones - they're not necessary, but they add some support and look a bit cleaner; Shorty Tank Cone(eGo thread covers)

Looks like canvape is getting a nice punch tool in the coming soon section; Cartomizer Hole Punch

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Should be good, except that the dual coils don't work great on the EGO. If you haven't ordered, you might want cones - they're not necessary, but they add some support and look a bit cleaner; Shorty Tank Cone(eGo thread covers)

Looks like canvape is getting a nice punch tool in the coming soon section; Cartomizer Hole Punch

I already have a bunch of thread covers for my vivi novas. I had intentions of just removing the Dual coil cartos that come with the tanks and putting some boge xl cartos in to replace them, or do they not fit in a Dual Coil Carto tank?

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I already have a bunch of thread covers for my vivi novas. I had intentions of just removing the Dual coil cartos that come with the tanks and putting some boge xl cartos in to replace them, or do they not fit in a Dual Coil Carto tank?

That'll work fine. The dual coil will work on an EGO, it just needs a bit more power to work well. Canvape has boge punched and flanged cartomizers on the f16 page too, the flange is even supposed to be the same on both brands, but I haven't tried that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread