• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego mini 350mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Hi,

Can someone tell me where I can buy this in Canada?
canvape sells the 400mAh version but this one should be shorter buy about 1cm which is why I'm interested in it.

Also, I'm not a "vaper" yet, still a smoker. I'm still doing some research so if anyone could share some of the canadian stores that they recommend in terms of price, variety and service, I would appreciate. So far I'm looking at canvape and madvapers.

Thanks.

iheartpoco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
London, Ontario
Big ups for canvape from me!!

I can see where the 350mah would be appealing for stealth vaping, and also for someone who's new to the hobby/obsession, and not yet ready to carry around a bigger battery.

Just do yourself a favour: order 2x350 batts so you can take one out with you to switch over, cause that sucker will die fast. Also, get one each of 650, 900, 1000 twist batteries for use around the house, and as emergency back-ups etc. You will definitely use them all, and never have to worry about not having a charged one. You can also keep a couple different flavours (on different batteries) on the go if you want. You may be surprised at how much you don't mind the 1000 mah once you get used to it. I prefer the feel of the 650, but it doesn't make that big of a difference, really.

I have 11 eGo batteries, including some pretty etched ones, and I don't regret my collection one bit! I like to mix them up, also nice to have lots to lend to friends who might want to vape for an evening.

Also - be sure to get Twists! :D

bdpf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Thanks everyone for the comments so far.
Why do you want such a small ego, if I may ask?
First things first, as I mentioned, I didn't switch to vaping yet, I'm still looking into it.
As probably most smokers did, one thing that bugs me with the vaping devices is the size. I mean, I'm used to a small size cigarette for the past 16 years and now I have to get used to these huge devices. It's not really appealing and to be honest, I'm not fond of how people hold them like cinnamon sticks :laugh:. I was considering at first the cigarette style but after reading a few reviews, quiclky realized that that wasn't the way to go.
The Ego 650 looked like a good alternative but still pretty big. Not sure it would fit in my pocket like I'm used to. So the Ego 350 seems like I would get the same performance in the smallest package possible.
BTW, for the ones that have the Ego 1000 twist or similar sized PVs, how do you guys carry them when you go out, this obviously doesn't fit in ANY pocket :confused:
350 mAh would be dead by noon for me ;)
This is a comment that I'm starting to see a lot and honestly, a comment that is starting to scare me.
I smoke about 20 cigarettes a day x 5 minutes each = 1h40min
The 350 should give me 3.5h of vaping so saying that it will be dead by noon kind of scares me. I don't want to trade a bad habit to an even worse one.
How long is the 350mAh version?
I have a couple of the 400 mAh ones from Canvape. They are 5.9cm.
I read somewhere that it was barely above 5cm, so still about a cm shorter than the 400.

So I guess, the EGO 350 is pretty hard to find in Canada then?

Last edited:

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I use the 650 and a 1000mah ego twist at home (along with my vamo, kts+ and a few other larger pvs), but at work I carry the 400mah ego (from canvape) with a evod on it and it fits perfectly in a shirt pocket and I can hide it in my hand if I need to.

This replaced my old 510 manual & LR carto combo. I get a better vape at 3.7v instead of the 3.3v from the old 510s.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I only carry eGos when I leave the house.
Normally, I carry two 650mAh twists with some sort of clearo (Mini Protanks lately) and one or two 400mAh ego minis with either Mini Protanks or a stubby carto tank.
The 650 mAh with a Protank is just a bit longer then a Bic pen at 16.5cm. The 400 mAh mini with a Protank is 12.5 cm and the Mini with a stubby carto tank is just 11 cm.

neos

May 21, 2013
oakbank

BTW, for the ones that have the Ego 1000 twist or similar sized PVs, how do you guys carry them when you go out, this obviously doesn't fit in ANY pocket :confused:

I just pop them in a shirt pocket, pants pocket or jacket pocket until...... I got a neck lanyard. They work very well. I use the lanyard on my all my eGo batteries but find the 650 with a MT3 sits more sideways vs using a 1100 mAh VV. Not a huge deal, as it is still there at the ready.

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB

First things first, as I mentioned, I didn't switch to vaping yet, I'm still looking into it.
As probably most smokers did, one thing that bugs me with the vaping devices is the size. I mean, I'm used to a small size cigarette for the past 16 years and now I have to get used to these huge devices. It's not really appealing and to be honest, I'm not fond of how people hold them like cinnamon sticks :laugh:. I was considering at first the cigarette style but after reading a few reviews, quiclky realized that that wasn't the way to go.
The Ego 650 looked like a good alternative but still pretty big. Not sure it would fit in my pocket like I'm used to. So the Ego 350 seems like I would get the same performance in the smallest package possible.

This is a comment that I'm starting to see a lot and honestly, a comment that is starting to scare me.
I smoke about 20 cigarettes a day x 5 minutes each = 1h40min
The 350 should give me 3.5h of vaping so saying that it will be dead by noon kind of scares me. I don't want to trade a bad habit to an even worse one.

I read somewhere that it was barely above 5cm, so still about a cm shorter than the 400.

So I guess, the EGO 350 is pretty hard to find in Canada then?

I just think that in order to be set up for success you'll need a larger battery. A couple of them. Otherwise you will be stuck with no charge and back to smoking. The big Egos are the size of like a sharpie pen. Definitely fits in a pocket.

I know you haven't switched to vaping... but if you want to switch, you'll need gear to support your habit 24/7. Now you CAN get the smaller batteries... but it means you will be a slave to the charger. Most vapers end up getting at the very least 650 mah batteries or higher.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Yeah, I thought so, so ended up getting the 650 twist to go along the mini 400:D Now, the waiting game starts

I believe your off to a good start mate, get a second charger down the road just in case. Use the wall,plug it's way better to charge with.

Also drink lots of water while Vapeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread