Tank for the provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalClaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
NYC
what's the best tank to buy for the Provari? I'm looking for something mid range. Not cheap or overly expensive. Is there one that provapes sells that's decent?

Also, provapes offers two different batteries. Anyone know the difference?

As always, imappreciate your opinions:)

To reward myself for being smoke free for one month, I'm finally treating myself to a Provari! Yay me. Pretty excited. Intimidated too:blush: (I've never used a tank before)

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
Have a 4ml Volcano tube tank on mine at the moment.

As for the batteries, the 18650 is 2000 mah and a bit longer than the 18490/18500, which is an 1100 mah battery. The former should provide more vaping before a recharge is necessary.

I looked at those a while back, very similar to the AltSmoke DC tanks, which are cheaper, but also have the flanged cartomizers. I liked the AltSmoke tank a lot, no leaking issues, and good hits on my Indulgence (which finally died on Tuesday). I haven't used it on the Provari (still in the mail), but AltSmoke sells replacement DC cartomizers up to 2.5 ohms, which is why I went that route.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Using the Vision Stone. I like screw in end caps. Have several other tanks, all have pulled out and dumped ejuice in my holster. My ProVari is in and out of it's holster several times per shift. I'd been waiting for someone to come out with screw in end caps for quite awhile. Thought the guy that makes the Torpedo tank was working on it, but guess he decided to go stainless rather than Pyrex awhile back. Only trouble with the VISION Stone is I've not gotten any over 2.0 amps. Makes for a rather warm vape, even at 3.3v. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Lil mama tanks look the best to me... I prefer the pyrex tubes with the black delrin caps on the lil mamas. I also have the DCT MAP tank, the torpedo tank, and the big daddy, although the cosmetics on those tanks don't appear to flow as well with the provari as the lil mama imho. The phinias tanks also look really neat, although I haven't purchased one yet, but will be doing so soon enough

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Using the Vision Stone. I like screw in end caps. Have several other tanks, all have pulled out and dumped ejuice in my holster. My ProVari is in and out of it's holster several times per shift. I'd been waiting for someone to come out with screw in end caps for quite awhile. Thought the guy that makes the Torpedo tank was working on it, but guess he decided to go stainless rather than Pyrex awhile back. Only trouble with the VISION Stone is I've not gotten any over 2.0 Ohms. Makes for a rather warm vape, even at 3.3v. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Ohms not Amps, sorry.

regards,
otrpu

In your opinion where do the tanks from Mom and Pops vapor shop fit into these categories? They are my favorite so far, but I've never used tanks.

Low end:
SMOKTech 510 Dual Coil Tank Combo (Dual coil)
HV Chibi Tank Mod (boge 3.0) (single coil)

Mid range:
J-TANK
M1A1 Buzz Tank - notcigs.com

High end:
The Phiniac Tank - Phiniac Glass (glass)
ACTv4 (Arry Carto Tank) PRE SALE ONLY [url]http://stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=449 [] - $59.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More[/url] (gotta catch it in stock)
Big Daddy Vapor - For the love of vapin' (their site is wonky this morning, but check back a bit later, their new SS tanks are amazing!)

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
In your opinion where do the tanks from Mom and Pops vapor shop fit into these categories? They are my favorite so far, but I've never used tanks.

Honestly I'm not a fan of them. They are definitely in the low end section. Although I do think they are a bit of a step up from a chibi tank, which I find to be fine for the price, but the quality is lacking.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I think the sub tanks from Momandpopvaporshop are great. I like the grommet style tanks.. they've worked well for me BUT.. I like that it has a fill/vent hole (with a thumb screw) in the side. Makes it super easy to fill and vent when needed. I got in on the latest co-op for the tanks, this will be the first non grommet tank I've used. Depending on how it works, I might mod it for a fill/vent hole.

The chibi is just like the sub except the sub tank has o-rings around the grommets and a fill/vent hole. I ordered one of each and then I've been making my own.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
lavatank:vapor:
2012-02-07170818.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread