Tank storage solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Had a problem remembering which flavour was in which tank, so i labelled each container. I just cut the tops off 30ml e liquid bottles with a stanley knife then trimmed them with a pair of scissors.
9-TsuwquvQES_M7QqYobRua6-tIJaNuCGIQUIEeB5ZkwRpPxdLka9VgVLyP7PGvzx2NDxQ1YFz2yIjio36pnmBTCzehquZsn7glHVnmB_Hk_EUxX9EphJBbFbpdqHTeO5Vo5-X231up2rapnpEi8NwsRosxCl7deYzDrT4ZvLMuqy8c94KTk56tuYiDwRdWZSTA85bKPvx_qtF4AGxX-dLIp-BCsozGQTFb-uwBN_Bte0fmM94pRekrwbk9VHGUoxvI-5mwxBwZLQp4TMn-edThCSQAvMYJ_1_V72cQ_MNG6pWvWGwc5I7vd2qv9ry6XJ4SeWfULEWi8FaEeL0ynURaPEQpZ_9avp0Oa9rWCCeU-b4jtEKSq-LfM7g7OC54CYEv2scSRmxBjkTW99odpm4kJtn3LYltWqWSWvsFhrTNtPkDJTydwsEbisfv34G2nWFDtqdq165stNaZxC8ZeAc6xc0SOHfG775Rkqc6gL5fXbZuaJcLjJByfey0ukQBlYGUt6sa_0Bj7FW_wbosUP-E_TOYg_IT6e4E6yTQv1n7hqjLDYwyofxhngyVOKVx8dMuIGGvJ3-Jcazq5i-hXlUKPid5WDraTrn5OH5k=w875-h653-no

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
IF you don't want to cut up perfectly good juice bottles, old prescription pill bottles work just as well. The pill bottles (if tall enough for the tank) have the added bonus of being able to slap the lid on and drop it in a pocket or purse for leak proof (the bottles with the plastic seal), and crack proof transportation. I came up with that for the wife who needed an easy way to carry a couple of tanks in her purse without fear of leaking or cracking the glass on the tank.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
IF you don't want to cut up perfectly good juice bottles, old prescription pill bottles work just as well. The pill bottles (if tall enough for the tank) have the added bonus of being able to slap the lid on and drop it in a pocket or purse for leak proof (the bottles with the plastic seal), and crack proof transportation. I came up with that for the wife who needed an easy way to carry a couple of tanks in her purse without fear of leaking or cracking the glass on the tank.
Rx bottles are also good for carrying large spare batteries (20700, 21700, etc) to avoid them shorting out in a pocket, purse, etc. Roll the battery up in a piece of paper towel if it moves around too much.

I also like to wrap a lot of coils at once when I get my build gear out. So I wrap 6 of this 10 of that, etc. Put them all in small pill bottles labeled with the wire type, etc. This way my (not) perfectly hand-wrapped coils stay clean and don't get mangled sitting at my desk area.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Rx bottles are also good for carrying large spare batteries (20700, 21700, etc) to avoid them shorting out in a pocket, purse, etc. Roll the battery up in a piece of paper towel if it moves around too much.

I also like to wrap a lot of coils at once when I get my build gear out. So I wrap 6 of this 10 of that, etc. Put them all in small pill bottles labeled with the wire type, etc.

Oh yeah they are great for all sorts of things. I have some I use when disassembling things to hold screws until I am ready to reassemble.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I still have about 875 tubes that are very similar to these on Amazon. I got mine locally when a lure company went out of business. They had several boxes of new tubes and caps that came 1,000 to a box. Just couldn't pass up 1 box since they were inexpensive, and I knew I'd find many uses for them.

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-plastic-storage-tubes-diameter/dp/B01EEVZCZI

Mine are clear plastic, with pull off, black, end caps. They're 3.75" long x 26mm diameter. I can easily fit a TTM (without drip tip) and then a 24mm Berserker (with drip tip) on top of it, since the Berserker 510 fits down into the drip tip hole on the TTM. The clear plastic is easy to cut with scissors too, so I can customize what length I need/want them to be.

I've used some for bead storage, for vintage crystal necklace storage, have taken tanks and factory coils in them on vacation, used some for screws, nails, nuts & bolts, etc. I also use some, with 1 end cap taken off, to put over my tanks not currently in use, in a tank stand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread