Taps and Dies For 901-801-510-4xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Just a tip if anyone wants very nice threads or will be doing a lot of it. OSG Tap & Die has a good calculator to determine hole sizes and percentages for threading. For e-cig stuff there is not much sense in going over 65%. To tap accurate threads, determine the hole size then undersize the drill by .010"-.015" and use a reamer to bring the hole to size. Obviously for OD threads you would need a lathe to bring it to size. You can also look in to thread forming taps and rolling dies if you have a lathe...but like I said this would be for getting very involved in it. Do not forget to use plenty of lube also.

Hmmm...I guess this is a little overkill but....Just sayin......

OSG Tap & Die, Inc.

kenbad

Aug 23, 2010
indiana
For the rest of you modders, I bet you could find loads of useful stuff at the link below. Taps, Dies, all kinds of other stuff. McGuyver could build a time machine from the stuff on there.

mcmaster.com

oddly mcmaster does not have the m7x.5 tap LOL which really surprised me because they have the most stuff i had ever seen in my life i've ordered from them for years everything from tiny bearings to ballistic glass very cool company

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
oddly mcmaster does not have the m7x.5 tap LOL which really surprised me because they have the most stuff i had ever seen in my life i've ordered from them for years everything from tiny bearings to ballistic glass very cool company

Another cool company for ya....

MSC Item Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread