TC Starting Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have found most complaints with TC not working on a MOD was user error because a tool is only as good as the hands using it. I had a TC MOD come set at 100 Watts and found it vapes so much better at 60-65 watts. Sure it worked at 100 Watts but TP'ed at 3-4 second and I take 7-8 second hits.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks Steve It’s a Vaporesso GT4 Clapton coil and I have no idea what that means.

Those aren't going to work in TC mode. I don't think there are any coils available for Vaporesso GT4 that will. Those are wattage only coils.

You need a coil made out of SS, Nickel or Titanium to use TC

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have found most complaints with TC not working on a MOD was user error because a tool is only as good as the hands using it. I had a TC MOD come set at 100 Watts and found it vapes so much better at 60-65 watts. Sure it worked at 100 Watts but TP'ed at 3-4 second and I take 7-8 second hits.

This is true. You still need the Wattage somewhere in the range of what the coil would use in power mode or you get too much throttling of the power and it ruins the vape.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
anyone recommend a temperature to start at for TC mode? I want to give it a whirl after reading an article on healthier vaping but was afraid of burning my mouth lol!!

Oh I usually vape .15 or .2 at 60 watts 60/40 ish VG/PG if that info is helpful

Thanks sara
As with VW or VV vaping I start low and work up..... I don't go much by what the reading is more by feel.... but generally find myself liking 380f to 420f or so. if it's SS I Start with wattage at 20% than used for VW.
Ti and Ni200 I haven't played much with so I just set watts to max and work it down.

But if real comes down to the vape you like.... there is no one right way. And if it's wrong.... you won't like it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
@Beamslider do not forget there are a few MOD's that do TC with Kanthal although I do not own any of them or if I did would attempt using it with Kanthal.

The Hohmtech mods are the only ones I know that claim to do Kanthal. They no longer have them on their website but you can still find them around to buy. Never tried one, happy with SS.

Reactions: stols001

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
The Hohmtech mods are the only ones I know that claim to do Kanthal. They no longer have them on their website but you can still find them around to buy. Never tried one, happy with SS.

Once I started building with SS316L I have not looked at my Kanthal except to hang a picture frame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread