Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
My pleasure :) You'll get a shipping notice email when it's fixed and on it's way back home.

Bov, I don't think it will be that easy. They should need to call him to let him know what the issue is and to get payment first.

I am glad to know that Notcigs business is doing so well but, two weeks is a long time to wait just to get a diagnosis IMO. I had to send a BP back in last week for a second time under warranty and I guess that I will be waiting 2 weeks again. Maybe Mike needs to hire more people?? :)

You are doing a great job of answering our questions and keeping us at bay though :)

cosmic charlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Boise ID
Sorry it's been awhile since I've lurked here but now I have a question. My year old BP has started acting up, the voltage reads right on a meter but I get no magic at the atty. the dial seems sticky, do we still do the alcohol baths? Or does this old BP just need a new PCB?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
I'm having a problem with my BP - I had sent it in for a PCB replacement around 3 weeks ago and all was well. Yesterday it wouldn't fire. The red light is on, push the button, no blue light. I replaced the batteries (with brand new out of the package, charged and metered 4.2v) red light on, no blue light. When I hit the button the red light dims, hit it again dims more then no red light. I checked under the top cap, all looks ok - I cleaned threads with alcohol wipe. I even tried different batteries same results. Help! Please =)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I'm guessing you get nothing when you meter your BP? And it does this with both sets of batteries? Check and make sure the ground screw on the side is tight, work it back and forth a few times (just don't back it out too much, there is a nut on the inside of it) and check your bottom cap screw and threads. If none of that helps, you may need to send it back in :(

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Bov, I checked all of the above ... Looks like it's heading back :( I'll fill out an RMA -

Another question this one on my IP - It is blue, but the color has totally faded out on the lower half of it. Has this happened before? I don't know why this happened, but the color is almost totally gone - it is still under warranty can anything be done? It didn't bother me when I first noticed a slight color change, but it's gotten worse and it just looks ugly now.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Hmmm, that's weird Minx. I'll ask Terri about the fading one. You didn't buy it as a blemished one did you? I'm sorry you have to send your other one back again too :(

No it wasn't supposed to be a blemished one - I'll put picture in the package with I send the BP back so they can see when I'm talking about. If something can be done I'll send that when BP is back.
It is really strange, my other ones (chrome Infinity / Purple BP don't have that problem so I'm stumped.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
so i dropped my buzz pro today, (not the first time:facepalm:) from like 2 feet, and now when i press the fire button the led goes from bright red, to a dimmer red but no blue, tried switching batteries and atty and no dice. anything i could do at home to fix it or do i need to send it in?

You can look under the top cap and make sure the wire and ring terminal is still attached to the under side of the top cap. Loosen the screw in the center of the top cap some, slowly unscrew the top cap and you should see the wire screwed to the under side. If that screw is loose, tighten it until there is just enough play in the ring terminal for the wire to spin as you screw the top cap back on.

Check to make sure your bottom cap screw is still tight, as well as the screw right above the hit control dial. Let us know if any of those things help, or not.

Addicted2Vap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
South-Eastern Ky,USA
Well with a little poking around I discovered my pcb had come somewhat loose and wasn't making sufficient contact with the positive battery terminal. Added a plastic spacer under the top cap to keep the pcb pushed down making contact with the battery. So far so good and so happy to have my buzz back!

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
My Buzz is dead. Red light, yes. Blue light, yes. No fire to carto, no matter what permutation of batteries and cartos I try. Dead dead dead.

A few weeks ago it did this same thing, so I followed the advice here and took the cap bit apart, cleaned everything in alcohol, pure water rinse and dry and put it all back together. It worked for about a week, then started missfiring again. then dead. Did the "jiggle the side screw" thingie and that seemed to fix it for another few days. Then dead. Nothing working at all except the lights.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Lights working means the board is happy.

If you have a meter, a first easy check is to see if there's voltage at the center contact of the TC (the screw visible from the outside in the connector). If you get voltage there, then it's that the TC contact isn't making contact with your atty or carto.

Otherwise, maybe a break in the positive wire going to the bottom of the cap, or something similar? If you have a meter, you can look at the replacing the top cap on a buzz thread. See if there's voltage on the TC end of the positive wire when the firing button is pressed. (The batteries are removed while removing the top cap, they just go back in to do the voltage check).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread