Technical Support & Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Been happily using my Ipro for about a week now, however the last two days at work I've been experiencing some weird problems. I sent an e-mail, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice here since it is the weekend.

I have an 808 connector.

Past two days I'm having issues getting a connection. Since I've gotten it, I've always had to screw the cartomizers down really hard to get a connection, but I thought that was normal. Now it is picking and choosing what cartomizers it will make a connection with, and it is a really hard draw. I've tried cleaning out the threads, that sometimes helps, but it's still a very hard draw. Any suggestions? Any particular way I should be cleaning this? Is it normal to have to screw down so far to make a connection?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!!!!:)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
By any chance is there a black oring around the outside of the connector? If so, try removing it.

Otherwise, I always use an adapter with my original infinity, a 901/808 (901 fits an 808 connector) that I got from notcigs. It helps on airflow and I've had 100% success with cartos working.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
turn the screw inside the 808 adapter counter clockwise 2 turns, that will allow it to make connection sooner.

EDIT:
I think I had to take my cap off and hold the part on the bottom to make it actually ajust the screw, otherwise all I was doing was loosening the wire connection on the inside (I have a buzz, excuse any ignorance on my part regarding the difference.)

Last edited:

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
something is loose, when you screw a carto in, the carto is turning that screw back in. When I had that problem, I ultimately ended up unscrewing the lead wire on the inside, from ajusting the screw too many times.

Someone with more experience will have to speak on how to resolve this perminately. At least we confirmed that is where the issue seems to be.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
If it moved easiley with your fingernail, (assuming the infinity is similar to the BP) I would guess that the screw on the underside that connects the leadwire is also loose.

06f81d88-1.jpg

I held the brass bit just above the screw with a pair of needle nose pliers, then tightened the lead wire securely. then while holding that brass piece, ajusted the screw in the connector top.

email them, they will probably just send you one. If not, I think I have 1 extra I could send you.

when I ordered my new cap, I requested both a slotted and philips screw for it, it came with a slotted in it, and they sent me one of each extra.

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
The center screw in the top cap is not supposed to be used to adjust the connection. It should always be snug or it will disconnect the wire on the inside...shown in Ark's picture.

Kimmy, there is an RMA form on the Notcigs website, fill it out, print it and send it with your IPro back to Mike for a fix. Make sure you note that you think the inside wire is loose and that you would like the flat head screw :)

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Kimmy follow the thread they posted ( replacing etc. ) most likely this is the issue, also you really want the slotted screw , we will send it to you on request ( I meant to get them to send them as a spare but I guess they forgot !!!)

If we can fix it without sending it in it is faster and lower cost for all , PLUS you get to learn something new LOL

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Kimmy follow the thread they posted ( replacing etc. ) most likely this is the issue, also you really want the slotted screw , we will send it to you on request ( I meant to get them to send them as a spare but I guess they forgot !!!)

If we can fix it without sending it in it is faster and lower cost for all , PLUS you get to learn something new LOL

Haha that would be ideal, but I'm really concerned that I'm getting zero connection now...and I'm seriously confused by the pictures because the Ipro doesn't have an easy screw off top like the buzz. I just started fiddling with it again and tried unscrewing and rescrewing in the screw (which is a single slot screw) to make the screw a little higher up to connect with the cartomizer...and now I'm finally getting a connection....ahh can you tell how bad I am with this stuff? If we do go the route where I have to replace the screw, someone make me a video and explain it like I'm a 5 year old hahhaa that's basically what I need.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Kimmy on the Ipro there is a hole in the side of the top cap , use a drill or ?? that will fit in it to loosen the top cap , OK NOW after you have done that follow the " replacing the top cap on the Buzz Pro " thread to check the internal screw please .

You can DO IT !! I KNOW you can . besides if you mess up we will fix it no problem.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Kimmy on the Ipro there is a hole in the side of the top cap , use a drill or ?? that will fit in it to loosen the top cap , OK NOW after you have done that follow the " replacing the top cap on the Buzz Pro " thread to check the internal screw please .

You can DO IT !! I KNOW you can . besides if you mess up we will fix it no problem.

Good to know you'll fix any mess-up that may occur! Haha, well there's two support tickets in, so go ahead and send me one tomorrow if you can and I'll do my best!!! Thanks for having faith in me! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread