Temp Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunvapor

Apr 16, 2016
I've been vaping for a couple of years. Started with ego and have slowly graduated to subohm tanks and now on to rda and coil building. I still use basic kanthal for basic "wrap around a drill bit" type builds. My most recent mod (g-priv touch screen) has TC mode. What types of wire does this require? Is there any significant difference in flavor/vapor production? How much more time, money, learning would I need to invest in this?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been vaping for a couple of years. Started with ego and have slowly graduated to subohm tanks and now on to RDA and coil building. I still use basic kanthal for basic "wrap around a drill bit" type builds. My most recent mod (g-priv touch screen) has TC mode. What types of wire does this require? Is there any significant difference in flavor/vapor production? How much more time, money, learning would I need to invest in this?
I use 28g stainless because it's easy to work with and will also work in power mode if necessary. TC is power mode with a temperature limit. I can vape at higher watts than I would in power mode.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I've been vaping for a couple of years. Started with ego and have slowly graduated to subohm tanks and now on to RDA and coil building. I still use basic kanthal for basic "wrap around a drill bit" type builds. My most recent mod (g-priv touch screen) has TC mode. What types of wire does this require? Is there any significant difference in flavor/vapor production? How much more time, money, learning would I need to invest in this?
Titanium grade 1, ni200 (pure nickel), or stainless steel 316l. Other wires such as NiFe and stainless steel 317, 430 will work but require you to dial in the correct tcr number (if your mod offers this function). Kanthal and nichrome won't work in tc. I'd suggest staying away from ni200 as its extremely low resistance and softness makes it hard to work with. Stainless steel is my favourite as it can be dry burned to clean and can be used in both tc and vw modes.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
right now i'm under a blizzard warning etc.... so when i'm driving the truck picking up a customer and get a second to vape... a dry hit is the last thing i need lmao, i'm already stressed over our crappy unploughed roads, a bad vape and my redheaded temper might just flare up a tad... so i use like i said TC now when driving and otherwise wattage.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Oh I heard that. Why do you think this Northeasterner relocated back to his home state of FL years back? You know what the NJTP and US80 approaches into NYC are like icebound! Used to tell folks Cali has tremblers and Fla has hurricanes but NJ has snow. I drive everywhere with two drippers these days and the only thing I concern about are the dazed tourists from Canada. :D G'luck.

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread