Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Sound like you really like it Z man. Thanks Buddy.

I was looking at this new device that just hit the market. It has almost everything I want - dual battery, large screen, puff counter.

E-CIGS: Best Electronic Cigatettes,Vaptio E-Cigarettes

looks nice but need more info!

like how big is it? What is the 510 made of? adjustable/spring/fixed?? Is it usb chargeable? etc etc.

The minimum resistance is stated as 0.2 ohms which is pretty high for a Ni-only device Minimum power is 7W which is also high. Dual 18650s are in series I assume with a120W max.

The web site is bloody awful! lots of sexy pics and no information. The english is also dreadful considering it is basically supposed to be a US company with manufacturing outsourced to China....

I have mailed them pointing this out so lets see. It could be a good one though. Wish it had a Ti calibration setting but cant have everything I guess.

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I have mailed them pointing this out so lets see. It could be a good one though. Wish it had a Ti calibration setting but cant have everything I guess.

Good point thanks for pointing that out to me and I didn't realize this also
    " 0.2 ohms which is pretty high for a Ni-only device Minimum power is 7W which is also high"

What should one be looking for then in Ohms and watts and Ti calibration setting ? @TheotherSteveS

99.9% of devices are all made in China that really isn't a concern for me.

Keep in mind this is a brand new device only vendor I found that WILL have it is banggood they say around the 16th of this month no one else has it so far.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    Good point thanks for pointing that out to me and I didn't realize this also
    " 0.2 ohms which is pretty high for a Ni-only device Minimum power is 7W which is also high"

What should one be looking for then in Ohms and watts? @TheotherSteveS

99.9% of devices are all made in China that really isn't a concern for me.

0.2ohms is difficult to get to with Ni as it has a very very low resistance. So for a 28g Ni200 wire around a 2.5mm mandreall you are looking at something like 15 or more wraps off the top of my head, maybe more. If you want them spaced (which most do) that is a huge coil!! For example, the sx mini m-class suggests an optimum res of 0.065ohms for the coil (which is rubbish in my opinion) but around 0.15 is a reasonable place to be so a minimum of 0.1 is much better (like the DNA40s I think).

A constant 7W will burn dry cotton I think. Again the DNA40s will cut power to 1W if necessary under dry coil conditions. Having said the the sx mini minimum is 5W but I think it manages to get around with electronics!! Im sure somone will pipe in on that!

Ads for China, I have only chinese mods, many of them clones and they work really well! Im sure this one is ok but I wouldnt pull the trigger on one myself until I see some reviews or some more info from them!

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    0.2ohms is difficult to get to with Ni as it has a very very low resistance. So for a 28g Ni200 wire around a 2.5mm mandreall you are looking at something like 15 or more wraps off the top of my head, maybe more. If you want them spaced (which most do) that is a huge coil!! For example, the sx mini m-class suggests an optimum res of 0.065ohms for the coil (which is rubbish in my opinion) but around 0.15 is a reasonable place to be so a minimum of 0.1 is much better (like the DNA40s I think).

A constant 7W will burn dry cotton I think. Again the DNA40s will cut power to 1W if necessary under dry coil conditions. Having said the the sx mini minimum is 5W but I think it manages to get around with electronics!! Im sure somone will pipe in on that!

Ads for China, I have only chinese mods, many of them clones and they work really well! Im sure this one is ok but I wouldnt pull the trigger on one myself until I see some reviews or some more info from them!

Thanks Steve you just filled my head up with facts which is exactly what I need to know. Thanks.

That mod is not for me but it look so damn pretty.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    0.2ohms is difficult to get to with Ni as it has a very very low resistance. So for a 28g Ni200 wire around a 2.5mm mandreall you are looking at something like 15 or more wraps off the top of my head, maybe more. ...

This was the Reason I wanted to Try Titanium to see if it would work.

Working with Ridiculously Small Ni200 gauges was just Not for Me. And the Coils I made were Kinda Fragile.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Keep in mind this is a brand new device only vendor I found that WILL have it is banggood they say around the 16th of this month no one else has it so far.

For Anyone New to TC, I would suggest they watch at least Part 2 of this LONG Phil review.

Part 1 has some Good info in it. But Part 2, to Me, sums up everything in Part 1, and then goes into More Detail of How TC Works.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    After watching Phil reviews - I don't think TC is for me. I don't mind some work but the way he explained it, it becomes a job within itself. Though I do agree with him the tech stuff is great but the work involved to get a good coil and keep good would drive me nuts.

Now if I can get a new big screen device at a good price and it can do TC then I'll give it a try.

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    New... just out.... no reviews or first impressions yet.... don't know what a good price to you is but....

ONE Mod | Complete Kit White with Grey face - $109.00 : DNA Box Mods, by HANA MODZ

Edit: just saw this facebook pic....gold mod and atty not included in kit....

one.jpg

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    After watching Phil reviews - I don't think TC is for me. I don't mind some work but the way he explained it, it becomes a job within itself. Though I do agree with him the tech stuff is great but the work involved to get a good coil and keep good would drive me nuts.

Now if I can get a new big screen device at a good price and it can do TC then I'll give it a try.

I don't think working with Titanium Grade 1 wire is any harder than working with Kanthal or NiChrome. Ni200 to me is a PITA. It's just too Damn Small. And Very Soft. I am going to give the spool I have away.

Nothing against Phil, but sometimes he Makes things look Harder than they Actually are.

Is TC right you MM? I dunno.

I got my Kangxin VF Mini because I wanted to see what TC was all about. And at 50 Bucks, It wasn't like I was Blowing a Huge Wad of Money on something. Because I figured I could always us it in Non TC Mode if TC Didn't work.

I don't Need TC like some people Probably do. But I'm glad I got it. Because it is Nice sometimes to Crank Up the Watts and know that the Mod will hold the Coil back if the Wick Can't keep up.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    Why would you say an optimum resistance of 0.065 ohms is rubbish? That's my goal for a build and my current build is .073 and works great on SXM. Makes it easy to build spaced coils, thick wire, in small decks. Flavor & vapor perfect.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

its rubbish because the things works well at much higher resistances! Ok, rubbish is a bit strong and I am happy that somehow the sx is tuned ofr builds around there but it still works fantastically well at much higher resistances as well! Thats all I meant..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Why would you say an optimum resistance of 0.065 ohms is rubbish? That's my goal for a build and my current build is .073 and works great on SXM. Makes it easy to build spaced coils, thick wire, in small decks. Flavor & vapor perfect.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Just be careful building down on such Low Ohms.

Things happen Very Fast Amp-wise when you go below the .100 Ohm line. And Asking a Ohm Metter to resolve this kind of Accuracy can Many Time be More than it is Capable of.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    New... just out.... no reviews or first impressions yet.... don't know what a good price to you is but....

ONE Mod | Complete Kit White with Grey face - $109.00 : DNA Box Mods, by HANA MODZ

Edit: just saw this facebook pic....gold mod and atty not included in kit....
    QUOTE]

While that didn't take long at all. $63.66
    2489700-6.jpg

• 510 threading connection
    • Spring-loaded center pin
    • Variable wattage - can be adjustable from 1W to 60W (in 0.1W increments)
    • Temperature control: 200-600'F(AKA 100-300'C)
    • Resistance range: 0.06-5ohm (normal working) / 1ohm (standard load)
    • Houses single 18650 battery (battery sold separately)
    • Micro-USB charging port
    • Short circuit protection
    • Low voltage warning
    • High temperature alarm function
    $63.66 SXK Nebula Styled VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1*18650 / 1-60W / brass / w/ temperature control at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread