Toronto, Ont.
Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The ankle bone's connected to the leg bone...

Vapoor's got it. And that then screws into the base, and the base screws into the tube/tank... with the silicone cup around the air tube pressing against the - uh, inner tube?? :blink:

Yes, terminology is far from standard, and as fluid as 100% PG... Just keep in mind that if you're descriptive enough, we'll probably figure out what you mean :toast:

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
With the Kanger tanks (and most others), the coil and wick are replaceable as part of the assembly we refer to as the head. The head screws into the base, then that assembly screws onto the tank. You can purchase new heads with a new coil and wick installed and just screw it into the base and keep on trucking, or you can grab some Kanthal resistance wire (or Nichrome wire, as your tastes dictate), silica or cotton wick, and rebuild your old heads yourself (I rebuilt six last night while watching a movie). Included on the head and base are gaskets, of course, and I haven't come across uniform names for the other parts (5 major pieces to a head besides the coil and wick). Theres the bottom post that wedges up into a rubber cup or tube that holds the coil wires. Then there's the main head piece, and the top post with a silicone cup gasket. That's the best I can offer on those.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Nicely phrased, Blkwdw.

I call the bottom post that wedges the coil leads the positive pin, and the part that holds the flavor wicks down the "air tube" for want of a better term. Maybe someone else has a better name, but until the makers start putting out detailed parts lists, I'm afraid it's still just a case of "um, that thing that goes on the other part,and then fastens to the doohicky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread