The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tesing Nicotine Base ...

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Hello World, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hello World

Hello World Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2012
    Vancouver
    What Nic-Base tester is out there, and where can I get it?

I'm concerned that I may be in possession of a higher concentration of nicotine in a PG base than the label states, and would like to test it's content before DIYing with it any further.

Any input is highly appreciated.

2. JoshM
    This message by JoshM has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jan 29, 2013, Reason: Moved On.
    Jan 23, 2013
  3. Buggs5347

Buggs5347 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Arizona
    Here is a site with 2 different sets of instructions and a kit Eliquidtest.com

4. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    Wizard Labs also sells them, but believe they are currently out of stock & moving locations.

5. bmwjen

bmwjen Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    worldwide
    I did a youtube video on the testing. I think I bought the kit on ebay.......this was over a year ago though. Try DIY flavorshack, they might have the testing kit.

6. Hello World

Dec 20, 2012
    Vancouver
    This is Nic-Base broadly available from various DIY suppliers, not pure nicotine.

Thanks, unfortunately they don't ship to my sandbox.

Do you have a link to the vid?

Thanks, will look into that.

7. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    one thing to keep in mind if this is related to feeling stronger when vaping it. fresh nic is a bit more potent then a premixed vendor juice that could have been sitting awhile.

8. Hello World

Dec 20, 2012
    Vancouver
    Greets Thrasher.

No ... worse than that. Red-flag physical manifestations, ie. the danger zone.

Got headaches, shortness of breath, excessive heart rate, disorientation and so have to troubleshoot by elimination what the DIY offending substance(s) is. May just be an allergy to PG/VG, but I have to find it, and the nic-base is the key suspect at this point. All goods I'm working with are very fresh and come from very reputable vendors, which heightens the mystery.

I haven't even gotten to step 1. on any DIY in one month ... only been working on troubleshooting and isolating by elimination the source of it. I might also just chuck all my stuff and reorder from someone else if I cannot get to the bottom of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.