Thank you to all modders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I just wanted to thank all who mod...I've been vaping on and off the pass year using Kanger Protanks. Today my cousin showed me how to build a dual coil on a Nimbus with 7/64 drilled airholes. We used 28g wire and cotton. I now realize what it means to chase the cloud. My build came to .8ohms and now I can vape with no nic and get the TH plus a clean flavor with 100% VG minus the PG flavoring. It's easier to mix ejuice too. I use a 10ml bottle, fill it with VG and flavor drops to my taste. I heard you can even use less mg nic when using a dripper.

Oh yea, we built a single coil with 3 x 28g that registered at .22 ohms. It was a pain to build but we were totally amazed that was possible.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I just bought some 100% cotton balls at Wally World and it was so darn easy to swap out. Tomorrow I should be getting my order of 25-ft Kanthal 28g from Lightning Vapes and will try to rebuild another coil on my own. :)

I also ordered a dozen Knurled Screws from FatDaddyVapes, as well as a pair of MNKE 30A/60A IMR 18650 Batteries. I got both for $21 with free ship. These batteries are suppose to be the best for sub-ohm builds.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Good tip there CRW78.

I got my Kanthal today and re-did my coils. Below are pictures I took.

1. The old coils which my cousin made and I was just a cheer leader in the process. =D

ogbuild.jpg

2. Tools and Material

toolsmaterial.jpg

3. New coils. The hex screw on one of the neg post was loose but good thing I had an extra SS screw.

newbuild.jpg

4. 0.7 ohms on the MVP.

point7ohm.jpg

5. While taking the picture, I could feel the heat coming off of the coils.

dryburn.jpg

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
This time I used less cotton.

cottondry.jpg

cottonwet.jpg

When I first started to rebuild about a year ago, I was so discouraged to try because of my failed attempts using the junk pre-fab coils & wicks from Fasttech. I got their clone of the Z-Atty and that was a big let down. So then I ordered a clone nimbus and mini-nimbus but again that was a fail and just put it away....until this week. It really helped me for someone to show me in person versus youtube videos. Then once I did it myself, it was a different experience and a much more pleasant one.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I looked at the Kraken...that will probably be my next one....cotton is a litte tricky with the iAtty. It has to be thin or it will not wick correctly. I also used cotton around the post so that it will absorb more liquid like a dripper. I get no dry hits and it hits really good on my iTaste 134 with a rebuilt coil of 1-ohm.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
My iatty days are unfortunately on hold at the moment, broken glass is a huge bummer. I'd love a stainless steel tank option.They do well with 3/32 wire cable wicks and a small mesh sleeve.Maurice
I think I'm done tinkering with the iAtty for now. I just pulled her out of a hot soapy bath, a good rinse, and now air dry to be put aside. I got a few new drippers coming from SlowTech. :D They should be here any day now....I actually had to stop myself from buying more vapegear from Fasttech. I've been wanting the Brass/Cooper Vanilla Mod with Patriot Dripper and Muffler Style Drip Tip. I got all the way to the Paypal login and just stopped myself. Hello, My name is Flexjuice and I'm a vapemail-addict. =D

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I was thinking about drilling extra holes like that one but didn't have the right tools. For $12.73 at FT is a steal....Funny thing I almost purchased a few more mods and atties from FT but used supernatural restraint to just let it sit in the shopping cart...and I just recently found out about Focalecig. Dang those asian folks with awesome prices and free shipping. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread