The 26650 ratings table has been removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    It has been quite a while since my last 26650 test and I don’t know which cells are the same or might have changed since I tested them. Because of this I removed the table until testing/retesting can be done later this year.

Right now I don’t have any 26650’s I can recommend.

I agree, this sucks. But it’s the hand we’ve been dealt since no major manufacturer makes a 26650 and we can never know when a rewrapping company might change what 26650 they are wrapping. As long as one company has done that with any battery we have to assume any company can do it with any battery.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    … Because of this I removed the table until testing/retesting can be done later this year.
    … But it’s the hand we’ve been dealt since no major manufacturer makes a 26650 and we can never know when a rewrapping company might change what 26650 they are wrapping. As long as one company has done that with any battery we have to assume any company can do it with any battery.
    A “last updated” appendix to whatever test and whatever warnings you see fit could also be a nice addition to the table(s).
    Well, guess Vapcell has you busy with 18650/20700/21700 cell testing. Henrik is also receiving lots of cells of all kinds from them.
    By the way, Murata/Sony seems to be making LiFePO4 26650s: Sony US26650FT 3000mAh (Green) review @ lygte-info.dk
    According to Battery Bro tool the above cells' date code was 2017/02/03.

:)

• Useful
    Reactions: sebastianbach

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    A “last updated” appendix to whatever test and whatever warnings you see fit could also be a nice addition to the table(s).
    Well, guess Vapcell has you busy with 18650/20700/21700 cell testing. Henrik is also receiving lots of cells of all kinds from them.
    By the way, Murata/Sony seems to be making LiFePO4 26650s: Sony US26650FT 3000mAh (Green) review @ lygte-info.dk
    According to Battery Bro tool the above cells' date code was 2017/02/03.

:)
    The new tables have the tested date. :)
    I don’t have any Vapcells in the queue.

• Informative
    Reactions: bombastinator
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread