The Aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.

b34tn1k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Littleton, CO
Im pretty sure you called yesterday? If not shoot us an email. Sounds like a center post wiggle will fix you up...You can check out the video on the product page and it shows and explains a little better.

Call yesterday wasn't me. I've tried pulling the post a bit, I've not given up yet. Gonna fiddle with it a little more today. I'll go ahead and shoot you an email.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Did someone say UGLY?
opusd.jpg opusd2.jpg

These are my NEW Jwraps with Aspire Vivi Nova Metal (tank is seperate) and twisted Drip Tip (Green)
and my Jwraped OpusD with Aspire Vivi Nova Smoked tank with Twisted Drip tip

http://shop.nhaler.com/The-Opus-D-opusd.htm
http://shop.nhaler.com/Vivi-Nova-Replacement-Tubes-nivitube.htm
http://shop.nhaler.com/Colored-and-Twisted-510-901-KR808-N100-Drip-Tips-color510drip.htm
http://www.jwraps.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=opus+

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Got mine today and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I've tried it on my pipe, SID, Vamo(which it won't even fire on) an Evic a mech and a spinner. On everything I put it on, except obviously the Vamo, it produces next to no vapor and is very hot. I don't think it is feeding juice. Oddly it does taste good... till I inhale the piddly amount of vapor and cough. I unscrewed the head and tried blowing through it and its very tight and the feed holes seem blocked. Think I got a janky head on mine. Unfortunately I hadn't noticed at the time that I needed to order extra heads so I may never know.

I had the same problem with the small amount of hot vapor.

But here's what I do. In my Dremel kit I have a needle nosed abrasive tool that is perfect for enlarging the air holes usually found down near the threads on the base. So I made the air holes larger. I angled the tool upward to avoid the center pin located in the base and now it works fine for me.

Now this has nothing to do with the BDC in particular because I do it on every tank/coil base that I have. For most people the BDC is going to work just fine the way it is, but my personal preference is a light, airy draw and making the air holes larger works for me. This also has nothing to do with a device not working the way it should out of the box and having to mod it .... again, this is MY perference and this is how I deal with it.

I'm just throwing this out there because if your draw is too tight on anything you vape with, this will normally fix it.

TT

b34tn1k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Littleton, CO
I had the same problem with the small amount of hot vapor.

But here's what I do. In my Dremel kit I have a needle nosed abrasive tool that is perfect for enlarging the air holes usually found down near the threads on the base. So I made the air holes larger. I angled the tool upward to avoid the center pin located in the base and now it works fine for me.

Now this has nothing to do with the BDC in particular because I do it on every tank/coil base that I have. For most people the BDC is going to work just fine the way it is, but my personal preference is a light, airy draw and making the air holes larger works for me. This also has nothing to do with a device not working the way it should out of the box and having to mod it .... again, this is MY perference and this is how I deal with it.

I'm just throwing this out there because if your draw is too tight on anything you vape with, this will normally fix it.

TT

Thanks for the advice. I'm always down to try anything. Funny about the dremmel, I just got one a few days ago from Harbor Freight. So that thing is either gonna be a champ or fall apart while I look at it ;)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
We have had such a great response to these Aspire Ego BDCs, that we threw together a cheaper starter kit for people wanting to try them out. I dont think you will find a cheaper dual battery kit. It comes with the Aspire Ego BDC (3 coils - one installed), 2 LR atomizers for people who want to drip, a Cone, and a case.
Check em out!

The Aspire BDC Cartomizer Starter Kit

Alicia

Dec 3, 2010
michigan
Got my Ego Aspire today, Also ordered the extra 5 pack of tips. Tried it on the 2 5-click Ego batteries, nothing. Tried it on the 2 1300 mah Ego batteries, nothing. I'm getting so frustrated. 3rd setup I've bought in a month that is either nonworking or not satisfying, I have the WORST luck. Anyone have any clues what I can do to make these WORK on the Ego batteries I have by chance? I have NOT opened the foil pack of heads yet so maybe just MAYBE it's a crappy head but I figured I'd ask before opening another if it's an issue of wrong batteries/wrong cartomizer. At the going rate this is costing more then my analog habit did and I smoked 2 packs of Camels a day!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Got my Ego Aspire today, Also ordered the extra 5 pack of tips. Tried it on the 2 5-click Ego batteries, nothing. Tried it on the 2 1300 mah Ego batteries, nothing. I'm getting so frustrated. 3rd setup I've bought in a month that is either nonworking or not satisfying, I have the WORST luck. Anyone have any clues what I can do to make these WORK on the Ego batteries I have by chance? I have NOT opened the foil pack of heads yet so maybe just MAYBE it's a crappy head but I figured I'd ask before opening another if it's an issue of wrong batteries/wrong cartomizer. At the going rate this is costing more then my analog habit did and I smoked 2 packs of Camels a day!

Take either your eGo battery or the eGo Aspire base (or both) and with a tiny screwdriver like you would use on eye glasses and with a gentle motion, and going from side to side, slightly raise the pin. If you don't wear glasses, try a small paper clip or something similar.

It sounds like the pin in the base of your new coil isn't making contact with the pin in your batteries.

Let us know if that works.

TT

Alicia

Dec 3, 2010
michigan
Update. I was SO looking forward to this, I opened the foil pack. The next head I tried did NOT work on the 1300 mah Ego batteries. It DOES work on the short 5 click. So the original installed head is a dud. The new head also does NOT work on the longer 5 click. So out of 4 batteries, all of which I've bought in the past month, it works on the shortest lasting battery?!?! OK....So I also ordered 4 single wick 1.8v coils for the crystal rebuildable because the DUAL coil rebuildables (Which I stocked up on when I ordered THAT setup with the 1300 mah batteries 2 weeks or so ago) will not work on the 1300 mah batteries. I clean out my crystal, pop on a head. BAM! Now the single coil 1.8 will not work on the 1300mah batterys. It works fine on the 5 click batteries. So, basically now the 1300 mah batteries are useless? Why were they working fine with the last 1.8's I got but not these ones? Why are these 1300 mah so unfriendly to what seems like EVERYTHING? GAH, WHY WAS I NOT A SCIENCE MAJOR SO I CAN FIGURE THIS STUFF OUT MYSELF?! LOL.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Wow, you have some bad luck. Are the 1300mah batteries the revolver ones? I've been using my mini vivi aspire on a 1300mah aspire since I got it. I did have to adjust the center post a little like TexasT said but that was it. I've never had any problems with the crystal vision clearos firing. I take it that the button on 1300's is lighting up when you press the button? The revolver 1300 that I have will turn on and off with five clicks and I found that out by accident when it wouldn't fire once and I pressed the button enough times in a row to turn it back on by accident. It might be worth checking.

Alicia

Dec 3, 2010
    michigan
    Heyas Hittman, It's the 1300 batteries that came in this: EGO Crystal Vision Replaceable Kit. Ya they light up and they work only if I use a 2.8 single coil on them. Anything else, they're useless. I thought maybe the posts were off, but moving the posts gets no effect whatsoever on neither the dual coil crystals or the Aspire. =/ Tho at this point I'm almost (Not quite but almost!) tempted to really yank on the posts as they're pretty much a $60 paperweight atm.

Alicia

Dec 3, 2010
    michigan
    Hey Alicia,

Do you have a 510 to eGo adapter?

TT
    No adapter =( On the bright side, I am liking the Aspire on the 5click! Just wish either I'da not bought the stupid 1300 batteries or that it would work on them. Fiddled some more with the 900 5 click and got it to work after really pulling the post waaaay out. Then holding the button down for 3-4 seconds THEN it will fire. I switched back to a crystal tank for a diff flavor and then had to redo that to get it to work again when I put the Aspire back on. Seems the Crystal might have a longer contact on it, which pushed the battery post in again. Also fiddled with the 1300's some more, they still will not work with anything besides the single coil 2.8ohm rebuildables. But I will persist!

BusterBear

Verified Member
    Sep 2, 2013
    Washington
    I received my aspire 2 days ago and i have vaped about 5-6 mls 50/50 juice, vamo v3, running at 12-13 watts.

First impressions:

- this is plastic, no doubt about it the tank feels fragile.
    - airflow issues, none. its a more airy draw than the PT2's i usually use but....
    - thick rich vapor, out performing my PT2's all the way here.
    - flooding none so far.
    - filling, due to the stem it can't be filled all the way, i don't let it go down very far so im finding im topping up after 1.5 ml
    - dry hits, i have had a few(which i have on my pt stock coils, i :wub: cotton)

Overall its a big improvement over the protank, i look forward to v2 v3 etc. doesn't look rebuildable so far but has been consistently out performing other bccs, if it continues i'll gladly spend the money on attys.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread