Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yes, it can be used while charging, though it might limit the output power in this state, I'm not sure. As for over-charging, I think the battery charge is regulated via the dna board, the charger serves only as the power source. Theoretically it's possible for the circuit to fail and allow over-charge, but a properly functioning board should be fine. I usually plug mine in to charge overnight (did this almost nightly with my Darwin for the 2+ years it was my main device, as well) and haven't had any problems yet

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Again KJ is CORRECT! The Opus self regulates. Also the Opus is not what they call a true passthru, as you are always vaping off the available battery power and never really vaping the supplied voltage (from charger). You are actually prolonging the charging time, ut it will not cause any issues. Thanks,
Drew

rightcoastvapor510

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Ludlow, Vermont
Our heads are supposed to ship tomorrow so we should have them within the next 5 to 10 days. Thanks Tanks!
Drew

Great to hear this, I will be ordering as soon as they show up, I have also decided that my favorite Aspire BDC setup is the eGo threaded version, just the right amount of airflow...

The 510 threaded one does not work with my Beretta battery in auto mode, unfortunately.

The mini Nova version is ok, but the draw is too easy for my liking, and seems to reduce the flavor a bit.

Vape On!:vapor:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I actually just put up my "back up" stock as I know the others are in transit. I should have more on Monday or Tuesday. I am also getting final versions of the glass ones. I will hopefully prove them and let the factory know that its ok to ship the rest of the order. I wanted to personally approve these because it is a large costly order. The ones that you see folks selling sporadically are ones that we did not approve and were not purchased directly from the factory, but from re-sellers in China. There are a couple Chinese re-sellers that bought those.
An easy way to tell is if you see a company that also sells, Daivide/TOIHK (ten one international)/Anyvape (All the same re-seller) products, they are from that initial runs.

I have been fortunate enough to work directly with the factory on these and maintain some control over the products that I receive.
I don't want to criticize others selling these but I also want people to know that they should not necessarily judge the newer glass models until the final versions are sold.

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Just to clarify, I dont want to say that NONE of the other ones will work, but more that I had some inconsistencies. Daniel from Got Vapes was good enough to send me Davide Glass Tank (not Stock from the factory) that came with a 4 hole and a 2 Hole head and a ring to make the Aspire head work.
They both worked well with the liquid that he sent me...Very DELICIOUS liquid!!! Pineapple Peach and Strawberry Peach...I'm not sure what the VG/PG ratio is but it works splendidly with both heads. To be honest Im not sure I love (personal preference) the airflow on this tank but I prefer tight airflow and these are slightly more airy, but work great.
I still LOVE to get Vapemail after all these years, I still get excited when I get a package get to try new stuff!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
How can i discuss a private matter on here?
I dont know who to email about my questions about my bdc's from you guys. I didnt want to be all public but customer service from the website offered no help. Actually just said that only a couple ppl have had bad taste and have sold x amount what ever....

Heres the deal i bought 3 they tasted horrid i washed them in very very hot water, almost boiling, so now the taste is great, they hit great buut my the base came unglued. My questions are, can i replace just the bases, to fix the ones i have. And how do you suggest a safe cleaning method? So when i buy more, i dont ruin these too haha.

I teally like these clearos the best. I didnt realize that hot water would melt the glue. But before i buy more, i just wanted to ask those questions.

I understand that you have sold these to several thousands of people And am really astonished that my email was so rudely answered. I feel uncomfortble and frankly unwanted. I dont know who is the real representative of this company. I just would like to communicate with some one willing to help. I feel like apologizing for being a customer. Sorry to be in yalls way. Regardless of my first contacts response i know that is just one person in a company and every one has bad days. So this is my second attempt. Thanks for any advice you are will ing to give.

BusterBear

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Washington
I dry burned one of the first ones I got and it "sorta" came back to life....I might of overdone it a little...I set it at 20 watts on the Opus d and gave it around 6 or 7 second bursts. It would probably of been better if I had took it completely out of the CE5 to let it cool a little better between voltage bursts. I should also mention that this was NOT the FINAL revision (which incorporated a slightly longer piece of non resistant wire) so it may work slightly better (or worse) on the ones that are on the market right now. It never really returned to its original glory but was definitely better than it was, prior to the dry burn.

I vodka soaked, rinsed, dried and dry burned and had poor results too. I think they are going to be one time use only.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I dont know who to email about my questions about my bdc's from you guys. I didnt want to be all public but customer service from the website offered no help. Actually just said that only a couple ppl have had bad taste and have sold x amount what ever....

Heres the deal i bought 3 they tasted horrid i washed them in very very hot water, almost boiling, so now the taste is great, they hit great buut my the base came unglued. My questions are, can i replace just the bases, to fix the ones i have. And how do you suggest a safe cleaning method? So when i buy more, i dont ruin these too haha.

I teally like these clearos the best. I didnt realize that hot water would melt the glue. But before i buy more, i just wanted to ask those questions.

I understand that you have sold these to several thousands of people And am really astonished that my email was so rudely answered. I feel uncomfortble and frankly unwanted. I dont know who is the real representative of this company. I just would like to communicate with some one willing to help. I feel like apologizing for being a customer. Sorry to be in yalls way. Regardless of my first contacts response i know that is just one person in a company and every one has bad days. So this is my second attempt. Thanks for any advice you are will ing to give.

Hi,
Sorry you feel that you were mistreated. I just reread all the emails and Aisa specifically said that she didn't want to sound rude.
She also mentioned that we had a few people that did not like the flavor. Unfortunately we can't change the flavor.
In your email you stated that you did solve the flavor issue, but your cartos had fallen apart from soaking them in boiling water.
I assure you that we had no intention of being rude or inconsiderate and I personally apologize if that is how it seemed. We answer all emails as promptly as possible, and try and answer questions on the information contained in the emails.
I think some liquids might just not taste good in these and until we have more feedback on what some of those flavors might be, it will be hit or miss. Thanks,
Drew

ps There is also an answered email that Aisa returned earlier today before I saw this post.

Last edited:

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States

Same here with the ego styled one. I just put a couple drops of crazy glue on the tank and slide the ring back on, waited a couple minutes and filled it back up and screwed the base back on. The CE4/5s have the exact same issue. If you let them soak in water just the right temp or higher the glue would lose hold and give out. I kindda knew it was gonna happen to the ego styled Aspires beforehand.

I love the Aspires. BTW, the heads are really easy to take apart to get a real good clean (or recoil if your into that). While its screwed into the base just use a prong on a fork between the metal lip and silicone piece at the tip, Gently pry one side then the opposite side. Pops right off after that. Unwrap the cloth/paper from the sides, dry burn the sucker clean, wrap the cloth back around it making sure you don't overlap it where the slots are for the wick else you'll have wicking issues. Then just line the airholes up in the cover to where the 2 wick slots are and press back on firmly.

If you try dry burning without removing the cover the cloth/paper wrapped inside dies burn so you need to take it apart to get a good cleaning without ruining the taste.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
To ask a very serious question, is the problematic taste something that happens because of reside on the wicks or anything like that, or what? For me, I'm really sensitive to tanks and things that give me a bad taste right off the bat, and I'm not so much a person that's willing to boil anything or clean anything that much much (other than a rinse in cool distilled water) because I have safety concerns about glue and things. I really want this device to give me a clean flavor because that's what I notice the most - I'm less concerned about throat hit or air flow or the temperature of the vape. I haven't got my Aspire in yet, but I hope it really doesn't taste bad!

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
Only time I've had bad flavor with any of my Aspires sofar (2 ego/2 vivi/2mini vivi styled) is when I get down to around 1/3-1/4 a tank with my Banana Nut Bread which is a super dark 50/50 liquid and gunks up the coils on just about all my tanks fairly quickly.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tdavids

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
i have decided tha I don't like these at all. They both gurgle incessantly and one has a horrid plasticy taste that will not go away. I want to like them and the design looks great but what I really want to do is taste the flavor of my juice and these are not allowing me to do that. sorry just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread