The BEAST is here NOW- Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Battery for your eVic, eGo-T mod and others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Will these work with the Anyvape CVI?
I assume they will because the tubes are interchangeable with the EVIC.
They should, but it may or may not be your best choice. If you generally vape at lower amps and want the best battery life these would be the best choice. The CVI has a pretty high amp limit and it you're running dual coils or other high amp setup you could get better power from the Panasonic hybrids or an IMR battery.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
They should, but it may or may not be your best choice. If you generally vape at lower amps and want the best battery life these would be the best choice. The CVI has a pretty high amp limit and it you're running dual coils or other high amp setup you could get better power from the Panasonic hybrids or an IMR battery.
Thanks,
Yes, I normally vape single coil T3 and EVOD. I'm normally using a 1.8 ohm coil at about 3.8 - 4v so it puts me in the 2a range.
My biggest concern was that it either wouldn't fit well or not be compatible with the CVI.

For my 350 batteries I'll go with IMR but I'm not sure if flat top or button tops are best for this PV.

Last edited:

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
I was about to buy this battery but look at canvape chilling description :

This battery is NOT protected and can blow your head off causing possible death or personal injury and or property damage. We will not be held responsible for any use, misuse, improper or proper storage/charging including the incorrect or correct handling of this battery.
Is this battery safe to use in a Sigelei V3 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
Hmm...I was thinking about getting the 3400mah one, but I saw this one and was just wondering what the difference would be in the eVic? NCR18650PD 18650 Panasonic Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Flat Top

Would a high drain battery benefit in an evic? Or would it just be the same thing basically. I vape at 7.8 watts, with 2.0-2.5 ohm heads, so I am using anywhere from 4.1-4.5 volts based on my heads. I don't know what A draw that would be really.

Last edited:

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
It is not generally a good idea to post links to other vendors in a suppliers forum. That said, I prefer the pd's. Their discharge curve in low current applications is nearly identical down to 3.3-3.4 volts, which is where the evic cuts off, so the b's are not going to see much longer vape time. The pd's will however function much better in any higher current applications.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
It is not generally a good idea to post links to other vendors in a suppliers forum. That said, I prefer the pd's. Their discharge curve in low current applications is nearly identical down to 3.3-3.4 volts, which is where the evic cuts off, so the b's are not going to see much longer vape time. The pd's will however function much better in any higher current applications.

So even if I get the B one, the evic will show 0 battery but the battery itself will still have a few hundred mah left in it because of the evics cut off? Hmm, probably get the PD then, 2600mah already lasts me all day and well into the next day anyway.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
So even if I get the B one, the evic will show 0 battery but the battery itself will still have a few hundred mah left in it because of the evics cut off? Hmm, probably get the PD then, 2600mah already lasts me all day and well into the next day anyway.

This one... I can answer because it is generic enough ( battery wise )

The following is for standard rechargeable lithium's ( I believe the info is slightly different on the Pana B's that GV carries )....

A standard rechargeable lithium has a nominal charge of 3.7v... also known as it's storage voltage. This type of lithium is considered empty at around 3v but it is recommended to never go down to less then 3.2-3.3v. Going lower on the voltage is hard on them and limit their lifespan. Full charge on these is around 4.2v. The 3.3v is approximately 80% of the full charge of 4.2v ( 3.36 is exactly )... since capacity ( MAH ) is related to voltage... this means that you get to use about 80% of the full capacity... example is a 2200mah would give you about 1760mah of useable capacity. This, capacity vs voltage, is only a rule of thumb and isn't exactly true but it does get you close.

Now... you should know why most APV's with built in protection shut off when the batteries get down to around 3.0v-3.4v... The ones that cut off at 3.4v are easier on the battery itself thus extending it's workable lifetime. I usually try to not use mine less than 3.6v for the same reason, which is why I always carry a spare or two ( depending on capacity )

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
This one... I can answer because it is generic enough ( battery wise )

The following is for standard rechargeable lithium's ( I believe the info is slightly different on the Pana B's that GV carries )....

A standard rechargeable lithium has a nominal charge of 3.7v... also known as it's storage voltage. This type of lithium is considered empty at around 3v but it is recommended to never go down to less then 3.2-3.3v. Going lower on the voltage is hard on them and limit their lifespan. Full charge on these is around 4.2v. The 3.3v is approximately 80% of the full charge of 4.2v ( 3.36 is exactly )... since capacity ( MAH ) is related to voltage... this means that you get to use about 80% of the full capacity... example is a 2200mah would give you about 1760mah of useable capacity. This, capacity vs voltage, is only a rule of thumb and isn't exactly true but it does get you close.

Now... you should know why most APV's with built in protection shut off when the batteries get down to around 3.0v-3.4v... The ones that cut off at 3.4v are easier on the battery itself thus extending it's workable lifetime. I usually try to not use mine less than 3.6v for the same reason, which is why I always carry a spare or two ( depending on capacity )
All these different battery technologies can be hard to understand.
I love your "plain english" explanations!

TekSone

Feb 17, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
  • Deleted by Adrena
  • Reason: no non vender links in other vender threads on ECF...
Ive been curious about this battery.

Would it be safe to use in a SSvamo v2? I usually vape at 8 watts, rarely going up to 9.0watts depending on the juice and ohm atomizer im using. Generally I stick with 2ohm to 3ohm resistances. I dont go over 5volts I believe. Most ive ever used is 5.5volts when in vv mode. Would duel coils be safe to use as well?

Just dont want to risk blowing a hole in my skull with a potential pipe bomb in my hand. Not impressed with efest 2250mah batteries. Only last me around ten hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
When determining if a battery is good for a particular application you need to know how many amps the application requires as well as how many amps output the battery is capable of...

I have found nowhere that states what amps the Panasonic is capable of delivering... that makes giving a recommendation harder when we are talking about VV or VW applications on a PV. So I won't recommend it personally even though I suspect it will work, we just aren't given specific numbers to base a recommendation on. BTW, the eFests are as good as any IMR battery and just because you aren't impressed with how long they last, doesn't make them bad... That is a typical amount of time on an IMR whether you like it or not, it is what it is.

To calculate amps... you use the numbers you gave for watts and ohms and then use an Ohm's Law calculator. The range you gave can't be used by themselves... you need to know which were being used at a particular time. An example of why would be if I used your max numbers of 5v and 2ohms... it would give us 12.5w and 2.5a. Since you said you didn't go over about 9w, obviously those where you.

So now you know, you must use exact numbers to be able to find out the amps you are using... PS. If you don't have an Ohm's Law calculator, there are a "million" of them on the web, just search for them and pick your favorite one.

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
Panasonics are great batteries but I can buy two of them for that price and because they are unprotected you will kill them if you discharge them down to empty. Dead they will not recharge. Furthermore even if you catch them in time to re-charge them if you do this often enough crystals will form inside the battery itself making them dangerous. This is a great battery but should only be used by people who know what they are doing and probably only with people who use a multi-meter and check their batteries all the time.

Also just to let people know, this is the battery that is inside a protected NCR18650B if you have a protected battery that is too long you can take the wrapper and the protected button off the top and this is what you get. But then again you had better never let it run low.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Panasonics are great batteries but I can buy two of them for that price and because they are unprotected you will kill them if you discharge them down to empty. Dead they will not recharge. Furthermore even if you catch them in time to re-charge them if you do this often enough crystals will form inside the battery itself making them dangerous. This is a great battery but should only be used by people who know what they are doing and probably only with people who use a multi-meter and check their batteries all the time.

Also just to let people know, this is the battery that is inside a protected NCR18650B if you have a protected battery that is too long you can take the wrapper and the protected button off the top and this is what you get. But then again you had better never let it run low.

When using an unprotected batt the only mod it should go in are mods the included the protection in it's chipping or you include a kick or the very 2 cent fuse you just removed..
VV & or VW mods have the safety to prevent total drain of an unprotected batt......

Pull that protected button off throw the batt in a Mechanical mod you just may blow your head off...
DO NOT tamper with batts...

Last edited:
panny18650.png

panny18650_1.png

Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Li-Ion for eVic & Other Mods
$14.95

Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Flat top batteries for the Joyetech eVic, ego-t mod or other mods needing an 18650.

This is a Genuine Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh rechargeable Li-Ion Battery; it is made in Japan, a quality product, no memory effect, long storage life, Light weight and high energy density.

You receive one battery with this listing. Non protected ICR. This is the same high capacity battery Joyetech is going to introduce in their own branded box.

Can you tell me what the c rating is on this battery pls.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
I just bought two of these batteries off eBay. unfortunately, i only found this thread after i clicked Buy. i've gone through this thread start to end and googled for the past 3 hours. someone help me out..

a) is this a protected/unprotected battery?
b) using on my eVic.. does question a) even matter? inbuilt protection on eVIc?
c) i vape on a RSST at 1.9-2.0 Ohm at around 3.8V (or 7.2W). using the online Ohm calculator, this gives me calculated current of 1.90 A. so.. this is well within the battery rating of 2C (6.8A).. am i right? my head wont blow off yeah? :p

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
The ones that GotVapes sell... are unprotected... since you got it on eBay, it's uncertain if it is a real Panasonic or not since fakes abound.

I"m unable to quickly verify the discharge C rating on the battery that GotVapes sells... I saw nothing released officially from Panasonic nor from any of the tests that I read on several of the flashlight forums ( an excellent source for info on batteries btw )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread