The BEAST is here NOW- Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah Battery for your eVic, eGo-T mod and others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidrino

Sep 21, 2013
Overseas
Just a little piece of uninteresting knowledge:
This seems to be the data sheet for the NCR-18650B: http://shop.battex.cz/pdf/NCR18650B-D.pdf

In Europe, you are legally appointed to state the minimal capacity, not the typical capacity rounded to the next hundred, so these are "min. 3250mAh", compared to the ubiquitous Samsung ICR-18650-26F (which is "min. 2500mAh" according to its datasheet) that's still a lot, though.

eneloop rechargeable batteries are 2000mAh typical, they however state "min. 1900mAh" on the battery and are sold as "1900mAh" by the sellers for the exact same reason.

Good thing (or not if you're a lawyer) that people in Europe aren't so fond of suing other people, however if there's a similar law in the US, you could run into trouble.

Just saying. These Panasonic batteries are the best for non-extreme stuff regardless.

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Yes, I have a couple of these and have ordered a couple more. The couple I have work for well over a day of heavy vaping each in my Vamo v2. Having said that I'm not a sub-ohmer and and am currently running an Igo-L with 2 ohm coil at 4.2 volts. Plenty of vape for me!

N.B. Do NOT use a protected battery in your Vamo. The Vamo already has protection and may well malfunction if you do. Also never use batteries with "fire" in the name (but you knew that). :)

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Which battery would be better for me to use in my nemesis with a trident dripping atomizer with dual coils at .8 ohms each? Would that be the same as a 1.6 ohm single coil?

Do NOT use NCR18650B for sub-ohm vaping. (Even though the resistance of your dual coils is about 1.6Ω, if one coil blows you are instantly at .8Ω.)

You should use a High Drain battery, such as the Panny CGR18650CH (available in flat top or button top at GotVapes), Panny NCR18650PD or PF, AW IMR18650 1600mAh, or other High Drain battery.

Here is good quick reading for you, with a good list of batts: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html
Note that batteries with a minimum of capability of 10amps continuous draw are recommended for sub-ohm vaping.

Last edited:
Do NOT use NCR18650B for sub-ohm vaping. (Even though the resistance of your dual coils is about 1.6Ω, if one coil blows you are instantly at .8Ω.)

You should use a High Drain battery, such as the Panny CGR18650CH (available in flat top or button top at GotVapes), Panny NCR18650PD or PF, AW IMR18650 1600mAh, or other High Drain battery.

Here is good quick reading for you, with a good list of batts: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html
Note that batteries with a minimum of capability of 10amps continuous draw are recommended for sub-ohm vaping.

I'm confused! I was just given some info on dual coils on another thread that stated 2 1.6ohm coils would give me a resistance of half that which would be .8 ohms. If one of them coils was to blow wouldn't I end up with the resistance of that 1 coil which would be 1.6 ohm. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I'm confused! I was just given some info on dual coils on another thread that stated 2 1.6ohm coils would give me a resistance of half that which would be .8 ohms. If one of them coils was to blow wouldn't I end up with the resistance of that 1 coil which would be 1.6 ohm. ?

Don't be confused. I was wrong. The info from the other thread is correct.

Two coils @ 1.6Ω each = .8Ω atty

Last edited:

woody55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
Which battery would be better for me to use in my nemesis with a trident dripping atomizer with dual coils at .8 ohms each? Would that be the same as a 1.6 ohm single coil?

Stan, after reading your's and Turtle's exchange I had to weigh in. If you have two coils setup in parallel at .8ohms each you will have a resistance of .4ohms overall. I would never do that as that would almost be the same as putting a short on the battery. Now if you have two 1.6ohm coils setup in parallel then you will have .8ohms overall. Still a very dangerous low resistance level to play with. But would work with a good hi amp battery.

Stan, after reading your's and Turtle's exchange I had to weigh in. If you have two coils setup in parallel at .8ohms each you will have a resistance of .4ohms overall. I would never do that as that would almost be the same as putting a short on the battery. Now if you have two 1.6ohm coils setup in parallel then you will have .8ohms overall. Still a very dangerous low resistance level to play with. But would work with a good hi amp battery.

Thank you, I'm not ready to go that low yet but will probably go with 2 2 ohm coils for a 1 ohm resistance and see how that does for me. I thought the only way I could get a short was by a wire touching something it shouldn't be?.

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have been using these in my Innokin SVD vaping around a 2.1 ohm coil at 7.5 watts average.
I am probably a moderate Vapor, whatever that might mean. Maybe 6ml + per day.
I get 16+ hours on any given full charge, with room to spare. Not exactly as long as I expected, but certainly adequate.
I have nothing to compare it to, as these are the only batteries I have used of this size.

woody55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
Thank you, I'm not ready to go that low yet but will probably go with 2 2 ohm coils for a 1 ohm resistance and see how that does for me. I thought the only way I could get a short was by a wire touching something it shouldn't be?.

Stan, at 3.7v on a standard mechanical mod 1 ohm would come in at 3.75amps which is hefty but if you take that same 3.7v and apply it to a .4ohm coil you are hitting at 9.25amps or 34.2w which is very close to meltdown on a heavy duty 10A battery. Alot of cheap meters cannot discern between 0.0ohms and 0.4ohm as alot are +or- .5ohms in tolerence. To get accurate readings at that low resistance you need a fairly expensive DMM that is +or- 0.01ohms.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

aldo.lim

Aug 2, 2013
Indonesia
hi all..need help regarding this battery..the situation right now is I already have two of these..now my question is whether I could use it on a mech mod with a kick ( I havent tried using it on my mech mod just yet) ..I'm not interested in subohm coils or anything..will in fact build 1.5ohm+ single coils running no more than 10 watts..using ohm's law calculator..I should be running it on 3.8volts with 2.6amps..is this safe?but considering the use of a kick..will this battery work with a kick?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
hi all..need help regarding this battery..the situation right now is I already have two of these..now my question is whether I could use it on a mech mod with a kick ( I havent tried using it on my mech mod just yet) ..I'm not interested in subohm coils or anything..will in fact build 1.5ohm+ single coils running no more than 10 watts..using ohm's law calculator..I should be running it on 3.8volts with 2.6amps..is this safe?but considering the use of a kick..will this battery work with a kick?

This will work fine with a Kick or any standard VV / VW device .... It probably won't work well with the newer high amp/output DNA20 devices though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread