tank2.jpg
tank3.jpg

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
really nice para, could you explain a little more how you placed the gasket in the bottle? Did you cut the end of the bottle off and put in the gasket? I assume you have to cut a hole in the gasket for the battery end to go through or not?

I use the 5/8" beveled faucet gasket

17c83fb1-159c-4791-8f1f-3e562e47ec8c_300.jpg

The OD is the same as the ID of the bottle. You grind out the center of the gasket until the cart tube is a snug fit. When you do that it slightly expands the OD of the gasket so when you press it into the bottom of the bottle (end cut off), it seals to prevent leakage.

I can't think of an easier or cheaper way to make a tank mod. Literally....30 minutes and 3 bucks total

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I use the 5/8" beveled faucet gasket

17c83fb1-159c-4791-8f1f-3e562e47ec8c_300.jpg

The OD is the same as the ID of the bottle. You grind out the center of the gasket until the cart tube is a snug fit. When you do that it slightly expands the OD of the gasket so when you press it into the bottom of the bottle (end cut off), it seals to prevent leakage.

I can't think of an easier or cheaper way to make a tank mod. Literally....30 minutes and 3 bucks total

Thanks.. Nice...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Parallex2,

If this is what I think it is, it's one of the best mod cart/atty tips on ECF. Nice.

Since I'm not into cartomizers, I'll take a stab at some questions:

This is basically a "clearomizer" but has the tank replaced with a larger diameter tube to become a "tank mod" and holds more juice? Easy fill too. Correct?
It uses a CE-2?
What material did you say the washer/gasket was made of?
Since it is a carto, and thus disposable, is it easy to replace the CE-2? or do you just "build a new one" when done? How do the CE-2's hold up?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Parallex2,

If this is what I think it is, it's one of the best mod cart/atty tips on ECF. Nice.

Since I'm not into cartomizers, I'll take a stab at some questions:

This is basically a "clearomizer" but has the tank replaced with a larger diameter tube to become a "tank mod" and holds more juice? Easy fill too. Correct?
It uses a CE-2?
What material did you say the washer/gasket was made of?
Since it is a carto, and thus disposable, is it easy to replace the CE-2? or do you just "build a new one" when done? How do the CE-2's hold up?

Yes
Yes
I didn't; contact Danco (manufacturer) and ask them
You can use it as a disposable, but why waste a perfectly good carto and create work at the same time? Refill until it starts to lose it's "oomph" and then replace the CE-2 only.

Orion Marra

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Florida
*raises hand showing the laziness* Thanks Dan appreciate you stepping up for the lazy ones like me! :)

I have the map tank, but also found some lexan tubing at work so might give this a shot. Would be nice to have a backup system.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
<snip>I didn't; contact Danco (manufacturer) and ask them<snip>

FYI all...The link scubabatdan posted shows synthetic rubber.

All in all, it looks like a great mod. May even get me to switch to cartos. Dripping gets tiresome.

Cool post. Thanks for the list Scubabatdan.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Backup? With the screw on top and user replacement parts, seems the MAP tank should be the backup.

Day 2 and it hasn't leaked....not_a_single_drop and that's with no epoxy anywhere.

I keep looking at it and trying to think of a way to make it better, but there's nothing I would change. Maybe someone can come up with an improvement, but right now I can't find anything I would change. Granted I haven't thrown it up against the wall, but in normal use it's performed perfectly.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I wonder if you have the drip tube fitted over the coil or, if it must stay upright to prevent liquid draining out?
Take care,

1. Yes
2. No

It's not leaked out the top or bottom so far and I've laid it down flat on my desk dozens of times. If you look at it while it's laying on it's side, the black cap does keep the tube slightly up so that might help. Right now the only way I see it leaking is for juice to get inside the drip tube and run up to the tip. I'm holding it completely upside down and it's not leaking....yet. I'm sure, given enough time, it will tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread