The bf mod that should not have had this chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
i do have same issue on 0.0.0.5 version, but solve it by changing other rda .... not sure is coil or rda issue ...
Willing to bet it's due the the 510 on the mod. Not willing to tear mine apart, but I think it just floats on an o-ring.

If I go to an atty with a shorter pin, I HAVE to bump it back up from below. Then it's perfectly fine. It pushes down from the top if you try to, but it doesn't spring back well. I only notice the issue when switching toppers, and if I move to one with a shorter 510, the bump from underneath solves any issues I've had.

Honestly, that and the fact that it doesn't take a 21700 are my only complaints with it. I don't switch toppers that often though, so the 510 doesn't really bother me. The o-rings to seal from leaking may solve a leaking issue, but the pin doesn't seem to rebound easily enough.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Oh yeah, when switching to another atty with a shorter pin, push up on the 510 from inside the mod BEFORE you screw on the new topper. This way, you are pushing the 510 all the way up BEFORE you seat a new atty. The pin may not move up as much if you already have an atty screwed on to it.

Really interested to see if this resolves issues for you folks getting the new coil prompt. I've never gotten one of those, but I don't switch toppers that often. Every time I switch from my Recurve (longer pin) to my Nudge, I get a 'no atomizer' if I don't do this.

Not saying this is acceptable, but if it solves the issue for you, more proof that it's the way the 510 was designed.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Willing to bet it's due the the 510 on the mod. Not willing to tear mine apart, but I think it just floats on an o-ring.

If I go to an atty with a shorter pin, I HAVE to bump it back up from below. Then it's perfectly fine. It pushes down from the top if you try to, but it doesn't spring back well. I only notice the issue when switching toppers, and if I move to one with a shorter 510, the bump from underneath solves any issues I've had.

Honestly, that and the fact that it doesn't take a 21700 are my only complaints with it. I don't switch toppers that often though, so the 510 doesn't really bother me. The o-rings to seal from leaking may solve a leaking issue, but the pin doesn't seem to rebound easily enough.
Once the mod start to fail, i will remove and show u :p
btw u can do a little mod for 21700 or even without mod (just door won't sit flat but thanks to strong magnet, u hardly feel anything) ....

Reactions: stols001

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I use a simple approach: I place the tip of my index finger over the top of the tube while tightening the cap. I get a tiny spot of juice on my finger.

For me is simple, when remove cap i put my blue screwdriver (i think every vaper have it) in the tube ....
After refill, i hold that screwdriver and screw that cap back, than tighten with hand .......
Kind of simple, easy n clean ...

Both are good suggestions - Thanks! I did order a VandyVape refill bottle today. We'll see how it goes.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Both are good suggestions - Thanks! I did order a VandyVape refill bottle today. We'll see how it goes.

I ordered the refill bottle day after I got the pulse, I love it, filling is a breeze with it, a lot less hassle than taking the bottle out every time to fill and less chance of making a mess.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Really digging mine. Love the look, feel, and price. Tried it in TC with a SS clapton, and in wattage mode. I'm not a big TC vaper and will likely stick with wattage, though it seemed to work well in TC. At 30w using the .23-ohm clapton my 3000mAh 18650 battery didn't even last through an entire bottle of juice. I'm sure it will fare better with a single-wire coil.

pulse.jpg
    pulse2.jpg

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Really digging mine. Love the look, feel, and price. Tried it in TC with a SS clapton, and in wattage mode. I'm not a big TC vaper and will likely stick with wattage, though it seemed to work well in TC. At 30w using the .23-ohm clapton my 3000mAh 18650 battery didn't even last through an entire bottle of juice. I'm sure it will fare better with a single-wire coil.

View attachment 746007 View attachment 746009
    Winner winner chicken dinner, lol.

I'm running the EXACT same setup today. Have the Seaweed Green panels on, Blue Nudge 22, etc. Can't tell your battery color though, haha.

The green Nudge looks really nice with those panels as well. ;)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Winner winner chicken dinner, lol.

I'm running the EXACT same setup today. Have the Seaweed Green panels on, Blue Nudge 22, etc. Can't tell your battery color though, haha.

The green Nudge looks really nice with those panels as well. ;)

My Seaweed Green Pulse is predominately blue, so I'm happy with it.

Funny, I ordered my two Nudges from China two weeks before I ordered the Pulse stateside and they arrived on the same day. I was hoping for a blue-ish Pulse 80 and think it looks OK, though I may still get a green Nudge (my other Nudge 22 is gunmetal, and will probably go on my mechanical Pulse with grey panels).

Oh, and battery right now is green - Sony 18650 VTC5, hiding beneath the adapter.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018

View attachment 746007 View attachment 746009
    i find VV pulse is battery hunger monster too ......with dual coil 0.42ohm it my 20700a last around 6 hour ....

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    So far, really not impressed with battery life on this mod. With a single SS clapton at 33w it eats a battery (Ijoy 3000mAh, five-post). The same batteries seem to last much longer in my mechanical Pulse mods with the same build. I expected that battery life would be shorter with the regulation, but really surprised by just how fast the battery dies.

I wouldn't expect to get through a half day of vaping with a single battery. I dunno, maybe it's me. I need to "test" it by using it exclusively to see just how long the battery lasts when used a my primary mod.

So far, really not impressed with battery life on this mod. With a single SS clapton at 33w it eats a battery (Ijoy 3000mAh, five-post). The same batteries seem to last much longer in my mechanical Pulse mods with the same build. I expected that battery life would be shorter with the regulation, but really surprised by just how fast the battery dies.

I wouldn't expect to get through a half day of vaping with a single battery. I dunno, maybe it's me. I need to "test" it by using it exclusively to see just how long the battery lasts when used a my primary mod.

I feel there are too many variables from user to user in measuring a battery on how long you vape. Probably a lot less variance between users if you measure the juice you go through.

I get 17-18ml before having to swap batteries (using 40Ts). How is it for you?

I think that iJoy battery you're using is more geared towards mechs than regulated. You'd be waaaaay better off using a Sanyo 20700B.

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    I feel there are too many variables from user to user in measuring a battery on how long you vape. Probably a lot less variance between users if you measure the juice you go through.

I get 17-18ml before having to swap batteries (using 40Ts). How is it for you?

I think that iJoy battery you're using is more geared towards mechs than regulated. You'd be waaaaay better off using a Sanyo 20700B.
    not sure how, but recently i have a brand new 20700a for pulse (start when mod arrived), last two day i vape at 55w dual clapton coil and battery from 4.2 to 3.26 in less than six hour and close to 6.5ml tank .... for me that is bad ....
    i use my battery test device (yes some device similar to mooch used), drain and charge twice, out put and capacity still hold up very strong ......

not sure how, but recently i have a brand new 20700a for pulse (start when mod arrived), last two day i vape at 55w dual clapton coil and battery from 4.2 to 3.26 in less than six hour and close to 6.5ml tank .... for me that is bad ....
    i use my battery test device (yes some device similar to mooch used), drain and charge twice, out put and capacity still hold up very strong ......

6.5 mls? Ouch, that is definitely a sign of something wrong.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Hi all !

@score69, could you please tell me how (the hell ;) ) you manage to do this ?

regards
    JJ
    I just have the RDA unscrewed from the mod, remove the bottle from the device, and push the bottom of the 510 (where you attach the bottle), upwards.

I don't think it's really moving much, but it's enough to fix the 'atomizer short' messages I get switching to an atty with a shorter pin.

jj_9

ECF Veteran
    Oct 3, 2013
    FR
    I just have the RDA unscrewed from the mod, remove the bottle from the device, and push the bottom of the 510 (where you attach the bottle), upwards.

Aaaah ok !!!
    thank you very much for replying :)

I tried this because I had an atty with a pin too short to make the contact ... and it worked !
    Sure this is not a good point for the mod.

Thank you again
    JJ

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Aaaah ok !!!
    thank you very much for replying :)

I tried this because I had an atty with a pin too short to make the contact ... and it worked !
    Sure this is not a good point for the mod.

Thank you again
    JJ
    No problem my friend.

Agree, I think it's a flaw in the way they did the 510 (sitting on a o-ring). So agreed, it's not good from a user perspective, but there is a solution at least. I also think this is why some folks may be getting the intermittent messages for '+/- new coil'. If you push the pin up before seating a new atty, the new atty will seat the pin where it needs it.

If I leave the same atty on for a week at a time, no issues. I've just gotten used to pulling the bottle out and pushing the pin up before attaching a new atty and have no problems. Shouldn't have to do that of course, but it does work for me.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Looks like I lucked out :) Since I prefer lanyard setups I use a 510/ego auto adapter (for the lanyard ring to go around), and toppers attach to the adapter. The RDAs I use all fit the adapter fine, and the adapter is pretty much permanently mounted (so no change in seating to the P80W).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread