The Chinese invented and brought us the modern ecig! Agree or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
This is a continuation of a discussion on another thread.
I am grateful to the Chinese for bringing us the world's first ecigarette a few years ago and still continue to do so today, thereby possibly saving and/or improving millions of people's llives all over the world.

Agree or disagree? Pics and links and friendly debate welcome.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Aren't many thousands of patents filed in the US every year but less than 1% even each sample production stage? Anyone can file a patent for anything whether it actually works or not? Or is that wrong?

Are there any PHOTOS of a prototype or was it just a diagram? Cameras were already quite mainstream in the early 1960's. Any answers welcome.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
The very first e-cig was designed by Herbert A. Gilbert and a patent was given in 65. It operated differently than the modern one but none the less an "e-cig"

Hon Lik from China has a patent on the modern e-cig but I question whether he actually did design it since the Chinese only know how to rip off designs :evil: :laugh:

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Would you classify you last sentence as 'friendly debate'?

Anyway I want proof of all the claims of a Herbert Gilbert. Who was he, what did he do? Was he an engineer? What? Where are the PHOTOS of this 'ecigarette'? No, a blurry diagram means nothing to me.

I don't get what you are trying to prove ? Hon Lik invented the modern e-cig and no one I know of say's any different.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Everyone needs to know Bam Margera invented the E Cig a few years back.
He is only a couple years off in the cure for cancer. Rejoice..

d71df71b95321fa318dae7b6f3c3d6c9.jpg

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I don't get what you are trying to prove ? Hon Lik invented the modern e-cig and no one I know of say's any different.
Ambient, this is actually a continuation of a conversation started in someone else's thread, so I moved it here. See my first post for the link.
But actually I am really interested about this so called Gilbert and who he was and if there are photos to prove the claims. Thanks.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Everyone needs to know Bam Margera invented the E Cig a few years back.He is only a couple years off in the cure for cancer. Rejoice..

Sorry Eric, but as usual I don't understand your point. What is it? I also don't get what a pic of a tatto has got to do with this thread? Thanks.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
LOL!! OK, maybe I worded that wrong. I often see your posts here on the ECF :).
P.S. What did your post actually mean and what's with the tattoo pic? I really don't get it.

An American joke if you will.. Bam Margera is a magical person who graced film and televison a few years back. I say random things at random times I do apologise my friend.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
An American joke if you will.. Bam Margera is a magical person who graced film and televison a few years back. I say random things at random times I do apologise my friend.
Hey, no need to apologize. I guess people outside the US just don't know much about American pop culture or 'inside' jokes.

Anyway, so I take it you have nothing to add regarding the real inventors of the electronic ecig ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread