The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Chinese invented and brought us the modern ecig! Agree or not?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by dragonbone, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    This is a continuation of a discussion on another thread.
    I am grateful to the Chinese for bringing us the world's first ecigarette a few years ago and still continue to do so today, thereby possibly saving and/or improving millions of people's llives all over the world.

Agree or disagree? Pics and links and friendly debate welcome.

2. John1952

John1952 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    Probably it's true. When some Chinese company starts collecting royalties on every product made by everyone else, then we will know for sure.

But this revolution is in its infancy. Five years from now we will be laughing about the primitive equipment we used back in 2012.

3. scalewiz

scalewiz Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    They may have brought it out to the mainstream, but if you look it is the Yanks that took hold of the e-liquid and modding techniques and made it what you are enjoying now. Even at that, I remember seeing on this forum one time a link to a patent page from 1963 in which the vaporizing of liquids was described.

4. BHam

BHam Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I remember reading of a man who had a patent for an electric cigarette from some time in the 60s. The article was saying how he was never able to debut it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

5. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Aren't many thousands of patents filed in the US every year but less than 1% even each sample production stage? Anyone can file a patent for anything whether it actually works or not? Or is that wrong?

Are there any PHOTOS of a prototype or was it just a diagram? Cameras were already quite mainstream in the early 1960's. Any answers welcome.

6. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    Who ever invented it, "Bravo" to them!! All I want to know is that people are giving up cigarettes everyday...:)

7. Eddie.Willers

Eddie.Willers ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 3, 2011
    Prairie Canada
    All hail the free-market!
    :vapor:

8. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    What are you trying to say?

9. ambientech

ambientech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    somewhere
    The very first e-cig was designed by Herbert A. Gilbert and a patent was given in 65. It operated differently than the modern one but none the less an "e-cig"

Hon Lik from China has a patent on the modern e-cig but I question whether he actually did design it since the Chinese only know how to rip off designs :evil: :laugh:

10. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Would you classify you last sentence as 'friendly debate'?

Anyway I want proof of all the claims of a Herbert Gilbert. Who was he, what did he do? Was he an engineer? What? Where are the PHOTOS of this 'ecigarette'? No, a blurry diagram means nothing to me.

11. ambientech

ambientech Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't get what you are trying to prove ? Hon Lik invented the modern e-cig and no one I know of say's any different.

12. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Everyone needs to know Bam Margera invented the E Cig a few years back.
    He is only a couple years off in the cure for cancer. Rejoice..

[​IMG]

13. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ambient, this is actually a continuation of a conversation started in someone else's thread, so I moved it here. See my first post for the link.
    But actually I am really interested about this so called Gilbert and who he was and if there are photos to prove the claims. Thanks.

14. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Sorry Eric, but as usual I don't understand your point. What is it? I also don't get what a pic of a tatto has got to do with this thread? Thanks.

15. Butters78

As usual? Lol do i know you?

16. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    LOL!! OK, maybe I worded that wrong. I often see your posts here on the ECF :).
    P.S. What did your post actually mean and what's with the tattoo pic? I really don't get it.

17. Butters78

An American joke if you will.. Bam Margera is a magical person who graced film and televison a few years back. I say random things at random times I do apologise my friend.

18. dragonbone

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Hey, no need to apologize. I guess people outside the US just don't know much about American pop culture or 'inside' jokes.

Anyway, so I take it you have nothing to add regarding the real inventors of the electronic ecig ?

19. Creniker

Creniker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Salt Lake
    Lol this man is on a mission. No messing around on this thread guys, hes super cereal.

20. eyebedam

eyebedam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2011
    Mt. Juliet TN
    ^^^^ not cereal you say. Where's my cheesy poofs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.