Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Yesterday there was a bit of excitement on my way to my appointment. The interstate buckled from the heat, all the way across both lanes. There were 7 vehicles with messed up tires/rims on the other side. And really cranky people on their phones calling tow trucks. Luckily the police were already there with lights on to slow traffic down or I would have been #8. The pavement had heaved up about a foot! By the time I was on my way back home they had already repaired it. Now I will remember to watch for it when it gets this hot.
Wow. Ive heard of asphault doing that before, but no by that much. Glad you avoided it!

janieT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Yesterday there was a bit of excitement on my way to my appointment. The interstate buckled from the heat, all the way across both lanes. There were 7 vehicles with messed up tires/rims on the other side. And really cranky people on their phones calling tow trucks. Luckily the police were already there with lights on to slow traffic down or I would have been #8. The pavement had heaved up about a foot! By the time I was on my way back home they had already repaired it. Now I will remember to watch for it when it gets this hot.

It must be hot there! Glad you & your vehicle didn't get messed up!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
James, I've seen your signature many times & just read you served in the Navy. Hubby is working on a Navy contract right now! His life is top secret, but his company makes "targets" that fly (tiny little airplanes - like a drone).
We used to shoot "targets" down for practice. Nothing like the sound of 4500 rounds per minute of 20mm tungsten or depleted uranium being shot at a target. On one of our practices down in Roosevelt Roads, we took out a towed target. Then the system started walking round up the chain to the tow plane. Our captain gave atta boys to the fire control teams, but the pilots of the plane werent as happy about it.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Morning Asenath, Morning Janie!

Mr. V just brought in the card from the trail camera to see what is murdering our bird feeders at night. Really fat racoons. Darn critters. Looks like I'll be putting the feeders in the garage at dark from now on. What a pita. The slinkies are doing a pretty good job of keeping squirrels from climbing the poles, but now they are launching themselves off the garage roof. I can't win. Poor birds.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Morning Asenath, Morning Janie!

Mr. V just brought in the card from the trail camera to see what is murdering our bird feeders at night. Really fat racoons. Darn critters. Looks like I'll be putting the feeders in the garage at dark from now on. What a pita. The slinkies are doing a pretty good job of keeping squirrels from climbing the poles, but now they are launching themselves off the garage roof. I can't win. Poor birds.

If the squirrels are jumping to the top of the feeder, just put some grease or oil on it. They hit it and slide right off. Keeps them off the feeders, and if you sit back to drink a beer or 12, it can provide endless hours of entertainment.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Mornin' folks. Anyone ever have one of those nights where you're pretty sure you slept well enough, but still feel like youve been up for two or three days straight? Yep. Thats where Im at right now. I know I slept. Im pretty sure I slept soundly. But I dont feel like I ever got any sleep. Not fun.

Its about time someone else other than me killed it. Last time, my Passion Flower turned into the Flower of Thread Death. :glare:

REALLY!?!? I didnt know you could do that! You gotta post that reciepe over in the Posse/Cooking/Reciepe thread!!!

DUDE! Love the new avi!

Gonna be like that here too. Another day in the mid-90's, no chance of rain. Gonna be like that for about another week from what Ive seen.

Im not gonna like that... Have you called to see where it is?

Every day......

Sent from Drott's Dog house on the move

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Here's me

envy_m-200x200.jpg

Did someone say ProVaris?

photo-7.jpg

:evil:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
But it's not a Provari....Have you ever had one?.....Drott,they are the bomb...Seriously you need one.
FV you seriously need 2. Get a mini. You will love it..

My two favorite colors.But I'm happy with my 23 dollar LTs.No heartatack if one bounces on the floor or swims in paint.:lol:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
I drop them all the time. It's Stretchy...remember? You would love a Mini. I promise.
Usually they have Phiniac's on them. I haven't broken a Phiniac either but I'm still trying.

Good night James! See you tomorrow.

I love my LT too Drott. No worries if I drop it.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
I'm trying so hard to not buy a bling tank...
I have. After I got my posse phiniac I decided I loved the glass so I just bought two of the faceted tubes. Someone also just sent me one in a lava tank trade. That one has the silver wrapped around it. It's so pretty! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread