Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
True, the deal at electronicstix is not bad tho, even after chucking the batteries and replacing them. And like Fray said, ya gotta love then name Cylon. Of course only a 3 month warranty versus the one year at Volcano, that may be a deal breaker. I have had to have mine serviced already, and I had really, really great response and service from Volcano.

This one appears to have the fake AW IMR's with the sticker removed that volcano was sold which are unprotected Li-ion batts in the kit... Also the web site has had some less then stellar comments on other parts of the forum...

Last edited:

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
True, the deal at electronicstix is not bad tho, even after chucking the batteries and replacing them. And like Fray said, ya gotta love then name Cylon. Of course only a 3 month warranty versus the one year at Volcano, that may be a deal breaker. I have had to have mine serviced already, and I had really, really great response and service from Volcano.

I don't want to confuse people the Cylon kit from Jason at Electronicstixs "DOES NOT" come with the fake IMR's it has the generic pink imrs that were sold in kits not distributed by volcano... Aslo the Electronicstix self named IMR are not fakes as well...

The Power tube Kit does appear to have the same battery that was passed on to volcano as an AW IMR....

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
not at all, although I have not traded with electronicstix I have heard many good things about them, I am certainly not trying to give them a bad wrap either. I think they have a pretty nice deal on the Cylon. I am just an AW kinda guy, hence my AW comments. But still, seems like a good deal from a great company.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Moofaso... Agree to what you said previous about the Cylon batteries not being AW's... Cheers...

I was raising a red flag about the second kit you posted appears to have the exact same battery that was passed along as the fake AW IMR flat top battery Volcano got scammed on. We all know if it is the same battery it is not an IMR period and is in fact an unprotected LI-ion battery.

nevermind, they are popping up everywhere

PowerTube - Variable Voltage Starter Kit

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana

The one year warranty was the deciding factor for me in ordering the LT from Volcano as I hope I can actually start saving some cash over buying analogs eventually...I have alot of fun with vaping buying too much stuff so far....lol

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
very well Scot, we can agree that the batteries in the Cylon kit are not AW brand tho, yes? Since AW does not produce flat top batteries.

If it's marked 18650 AW IMR 1600mah and anything other button top it's a fake. AW Does not make a IMR 18650 flat top. They do make flat top protected 18650s and the IMR 26500 may be flat top as well if I'm not mistaken.

They are coming out soon with a AW IMR 18650 2000mah battery. I assume it's going to be button top as well but haven't seen it yet.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
If it's marked 18650 AW IMR 1600mah and anything other button top it's a fake. AW Does not make a IMR 18650 flat top. They do make flat top protected 18650s and the IMR 26500 may be flat top as well if I'm not mistaken.

They are coming out soon with a AW IMR 18650 2000mah battery. I assume it's going to be button top as well but haven't seen it yet.

They have the new AW IMR's for sale at Provape now...in stock.

GiMp LEg DoNKey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NC
The good thing is the more vendors that get them the lower the price will be. The tube I got from Volcano was 69.00 and now you can get the kit for that price. I expect them to come down even more.:2cool:
On the volcano site it looks like the tube itself is still 69.00 and there is no option to select the kit in the drop down menu. If that price is for the kit, I will order tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread