• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Diva Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
Now here's a topic that could ONLY be welcome in the women's room!

I got a diva cup as a Christmas gift 2 years ago, and I haven't used a tampon since! This is the easiest, cleanest, most cost effective way to deal with that time of the month, IMO, and I have to wonder why hardly anyone has heard of it..

There's also one called The Moon Cup. They are based in the UK and don't sell to USA..I haven't used that one (as there's no need to use more than one cup) but it looks like it is very similar. Hehe, I think they have an affiliate program..Maybe I should sell e-liquid and cups! LOL

PS -- I don't work for Diva Cup, I just love mine!

Last edited:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
That must have made a lovely picture for the album, Holding up your gift! LOL
I have heard good things about the Diva Cup. Hope this post helps someone.
Thank goodness I had the works removed!
For those peeking in, save the site to show the lady of the house.:thumb:

Oh, Mrs. Jaaxx, I was wondering for which "Diva" you were awarding cups when I came in!

Last edited:

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
I haven't tried the Instead. But the Diva doesn't slip or leak. It did take me a good month to learn to consistently position it correctly, during which time I used a pantyliner.

I just wonder why they don't market it to drug stores or Wal-mart or something? I think it would be a big hit once word got out. Momof3, I'll be getting one for my girl in a few years as well.

I have two menstrual cups and I love them. I seriously don't know how I ever survived without them.

Oh and by the way, I'm totally new to this section. I've been a member for quite awhile, but I have just read and not posted. I want to start posting, but I didn't know where. This seems to be the place.

Anyway, I have a Diva cup that I've been using for about 3 years or so. That's my period cup. I also have a Green Lady Cup. That one I use during other times of my cycle when my non-blood fluid is plentiful. I'm trying to word this as non-TMI-ish as possible. There are quite a few different types of cups nowadays though and what works for one, might not be so good for someone else.

For anyone wanting to try them, I totally suggest finding an online community about them. There's a great one on Livejournal if anyone is a member there. There is a learning curve, kind of like our e-cigs so having some help is always a good thing.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
OHHH colors! Perfect for when we're a multi household. TY danalea83.

They definitely take more practice for some than others, but different types of tampons often take practice. Never got the hang of those little ones w/o the applicator. Easier if you've ever done any NFP or TTC cervical checking. And much like our e-cigs, for some they may not be right. Rule of thumb for me is if I can tell I'm wearing it, it's not in right. Tampons for me were terribly uncomfortable and leaked all the time and pads disposable or cloth just weren't for me.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
By MaryKay -'Oh, Mrs. Jaaxx, I was wondering for which "Diva" you were awarding cups when I came in! '

Mary - sometimes you scare me. Everytime I am going through a thread and think about replying, - the next thing I find is a reply from you stating the exact thing I was thinking! I must be your evil twin. I do enjoy your wit!

As far as the Diva, I never heard of it. I have no need for it any longer, but wish I knew about it when I did need it.

dawnlori

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
North Dakota, USA
OMG I can die now cause I have seen it all! I have never heard of or seen these things. After going into full blown menopause at 40 I have no need for it but my God why didn't I think of it. Somebody is always thinking up stuff and getting rich off it. I just wanted my period over! No thinking, no experimenting with new stuff, nada. I worked in a motorcycle shop and bartended at night so a mainly male enviroment. I've seen alot of dumb bar jokes that used tampons, I can't believe know one ever plopped one of these on the bar and had some fun trick to use it for LMAO. This could be a new thread.......what are your main monthly devices? tampon, pad, diva cup, toilet paper, etc. OOPs, I'm getting carried away, dawn

Ann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Virginia
Wow, that is so nice. I have neer heard of them before. I'm about 10 years to late to need them.
Here is a funny tampon story.... I used to work road construction and we were going to make a rest area bigger so big trucks could use it.
I went into the ladies rest room and saw the tampon dispencer on the wall and it was full. I took everyone of those tampons home with tme. They were going to tear down the building anyway. OK get this, after having about 6 months or more worth of tampons, I quit having to need them.:lol:
I gave them to my girlfriend and I let my ferrets play with some of them too.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
I was just looking at the threads in the woman's room.

I know I am a little demented - but I thought how funny would it be to see these things amongst the 'AS SEEN ON TV' products?

Hell, if they can advertise ...... during the Superbowl and talk about an erection lasting longer than four hours - ROTFLMAO at myself ;););)

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
I was reading up a little bit on them and I think the people who make them are based in Canda. Don't think there is a big US manufacturer by what I read and probably why not that many people are aware of them? Just my guess. They are FDA approved but I also read about a Canada health license which leads me to believe they are Canadian based.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread