• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Diva Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
This thread was a surprise! Lots of response and input. You could have posted it about 12 years ago you know! Then I may have tried it..:)

:thumb:Thanks Mrs. Jaaxx. You may have made life a bit nicer for some of the ladies.

I just started using tampons two years ago because I was stuck somewhere with my ex girlfriend, didn't have any pads and I had to bum one off of her.

I love the versatility of tampons but I feel insecure with them sometimes because I may get too caught up with something and forget to change them as often as I should which then in turn makes me all paranoid about them and I switch to the usual pads.

I guess such a thing would not be a problem with the cup? Although by what I read that even if it can hold a whole month's cycle you still need to change them pretty much as often as tampons?

[edit: never mind! I guess the cup can be worn even initially for 8 hours!]

Last edited:

Moody2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK without sounding gross, I have been thinking this since it was first posted but wasn't sure how to ask. Here it goes:

How do you remove it when full without getting blood everywhere? From the design it seems like when you go to remove it it will kind of squirt up. Unless I am not understanding this correctly.

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
I so wanted to use the diva but my anatomy made it uncomfortable. :(

Everyone I know who uses them just loves them. I won't use commercial pads or tampons because of the dioxin, so I use cloth and sea sponges.
Same here.

I really struggle with the diva for some reason, and I've tried and tried and tried.
I also moved to cloth and sea sponges. 8-o

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
OK without sounding gross, I have been thinking this since it was first posted but wasn't sure how to ask. Here it goes:

How do you remove it when full without getting blood everywhere? From the design it seems like when you go to remove it it will kind of squirt up. Unless I am not understanding this correctly.
You should remove it before it is totally FULL.. 8-o You just pinch the bottom of it and pull it out upright.

towardsthelight

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Ohio
Ok, I've tried "insteads" (used to find them at walmart, sometimes still can) and they just always slipped (which is a bad thing of course). This any better?

There's no comparison... I have a "Mia" cup and a "Lunette". They form more of a suction around the cervix and are sturdier and hold more. I felt so liberated from the tampon fibers and icky pads... never turned back, kinda like vaping & analogs... one is healthier and pays for itself in the long run. The Mia cup is from South Africa and the Lunette is from Finland, I believe. The Diva cup is a little more readily available here because it's made in Canada, but I hear it's not as comfortable as the ones I have.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
They are like anything else. May work for some, not for others. Depends on what you're looking for, personal preferences and any particular issues you may have. If NON-absorption or clots are a problem (think too thick e-liquid) they are a godsend. An issue pads, tampons and sea sponges unfortunately don't address for those faced with the problem. Should shorten duration for those women as well since there isn't anything working essentially as a plug that just prolongs everything. If you have to use tampons longer than about 4 days, start checking them or use pads a few days.

If you do a lot of swimming, the fact that they don't absorb anything and there is nothing to worry about showing make them a terrific alternative. Much like a swim diaper vs a regular diaper. Containment for what needs contained without anything bogging you down. LOL

Also if you have to use the bathroom frequently for any variety of reasons you don't run into the same issues with needing to change out as is often the case with tampons.

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
There's no comparison... I have a "Mia" cup and a "Lunette". They form more of a suction around the cervix and are sturdier and hold more. I felt so liberated from the tampon fibers and icky pads... never turned back, kinda like vaping & analogs... one is healthier and pays for itself in the long run. The Mia cup is from South Africa and the Lunette is from Finland, I believe. The Diva cup is a little more readily available here because it's made in Canada, but I hear it's not as comfortable as the ones I have.
:D My sister is in South Africa, I'll have to tell her about the Mia !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread