Dog owners unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
Two dogs can sleep on a Jeep seat. (if one of the dogs only weighs 9lbs) :)

IMG_20150916_155802.jpg

RainZG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2015
Croatia, Europe
well, few days ago I was whining about not being able to have dog at the moment due to work and bla bla bla and this Saturday photo visit to local shelter ended up with new dog.
Wife and me went to shelter to take some pics and help a bit as we ussually do on weekends, we took our blind cat with us to check how will one dog react to them(I wanted to adopt him) but it turned out he cannot stand them :( Since he is mix between pit bull and labrador it seems that lack of leadership in shelter is not good for him :(
But last week they got new girl, golder retriever, bit traumatized but she reacted good to cat so we took her. 2 days with us and she already learned basic commands (sit, wait, down, no), she is getting more used to cats(she wanted to play with them) and today she also met her neighbour, male dog, almost the same age as her and that went great. She is now dead from running with him and she is sleeping behind my back :D

two pics of her

eT4HRoS.jpg

qL2uMXe.jpg

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
well, few days ago I was whining about not being able to have dog at the moment due to work and bla bla bla and this Saturday photo visit to local shelter ended up with new dog.
Wife and me went to shelter to take some pics and help a bit as we ussually do on weekends, we took our blind cat with us to check how will one dog react to them(I wanted to adopt him) but it turned out he cannot stand them :( Since he is mix between pit bull and labrador it seems that lack of leadership in shelter is not good for him :(
But last week they got new girl, golder retriever, bit traumatized but she reacted good to cat so we took her. 2 days with us and she already learned basic commands (sit, wait, down, no), she is getting more used to cats(she wanted to play with them) and today she also met her neighbour, male dog, almost the same age as her and that went great. She is now dead from running with him and she is sleeping behind my back :D

two pics of her

eT4HRoS.jpg

qL2uMXe.jpg

What a beautiful girl! If I saw her in a shelter, it would be impossible for me to resist taking her home. Glad she found a good home with you!

Reactions: birdy68

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I hope you guys don't mind me posting a tribute to my 2 babies that I lost this year.

Otis (the black one) had to be put to sleep in May after I couldn't watch him suffer any longer with Cushings disease. He was 9 years old and I'd had him since he was 6 weeks old. He was diagnosed with Cushings at a very young age, and we did everything we could to give him a long and happy life. The vet was always pleasantly surprised by how well he did, until near the end.

Sally (the red one) was put to sleep on Halloween, 2 weeks after learning she had cancer. She was a rescue, and when we got her we guestimated she was 5 months old. She lived to be 13.

Sally and Otis - I miss you both dearly and I hope you two have found each other on the other side. May you be able to run and play and be pain-free, and eat all the treats you want. I love you both so much and hope to join you when my time is done here.

We never understood what was so appealing about sleeping in my husband's guitar case, when they each had cushy beds, but this happened often...

F8Sbd1m.jpg

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Here the adoption pic of my pup Maggie... I got her at the shelter last summer.

She will be two tomorrow (shes about 9 months old in the pic)... she is a lab mixed with greyhound or whippet I think.

10253878_699808183387933_2185195116420205861_n.jpg

The dog in my profile pic is Marley who I had to put down last June he was 14.5 years old.

Attachments

• 10253878_699808183387933_2185195116420205861_n.jpg
    10253878_699808183387933_2185195116420205861_n.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I hope you guys don't mind me posting a tribute to my 2 babies that I lost this year.

Otis (the black one) had to be put to sleep in May after I couldn't watch him suffer any longer with Cushings disease. He was 9 years old and I'd had him since he was 6 weeks old. He was diagnosed with Cushings at a very young age, and we did everything we could to give him a long and happy life. The vet was always pleasantly surprised by how well he did, until near the end.

Sally (the red one) was put to sleep on Halloween, 2 weeks after learning she had cancer. She was a rescue, and when we got her we guestimated she was 5 months old. She lived to be 13.

Sally and Otis - I miss you both dearly and I hope you two have found each other on the other side. May you be able to run and play and be pain-free, and eat all the treats you want. I love you both so much and hope to join you when my time is done here.

We never understood what was so appealing about sleeping in my husband's guitar case, when they each had cushy beds, but this happened often...

F8Sbd1m.jpg

It's so hard to let them go. I've lost many... I know your heart aches, but they WILL see you at the Bridge, and for them, it will only be a moment away from you. Big fat hugs to you. :wub:

Here the adoption pic of my pup Maggie... I got her at the shelter last summer.

She will be two tomorrow (shes about 9 months old in the pic)... she is a lab mixed with greyhound or whippet I think.

View attachment 507990

The dog in my profile pic is Marley who I had to put down last June he was 14.5 years old.

Thank you for adopting a shelter dog. She's beautiful. All my dogs except one have been shelter dogs or someone's cast-offs, and they've all been wonderful. We currently have four, all of them "cast-offs" and I love them dearly.

~Lannie

Reactions: Woofer

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Thank you for adopting a shelter dog. She's beautiful. All my dogs except one have been shelter dogs or someone's cast-offs, and they've all been wonderful. We currently have four, all of them "cast-offs" and I love them dearly.

~Lannie

Shelter dogs are the only ones for me ... my landlord/friend volunteers at the shelter and was on the look out for a Lab for me.

Black dogs are the hardest to get adopted it seems.... they call it Black Dog Syndrome :/

Marley (dog in my avatar and signature) my dog who passed I found on the side of the road in the rain in an industrial area of Los Angeles 6-8 weeks old.

Maggie is good dog and has such a rough life now ... ;)

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread