Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Qorax, I'm curious if you have an explanation or theory as to why mesh last longer. By saying it lasts longer, do you mean it doesn't gunk up as fast?
No scientific reasoning here (can't figure that out anyway!) - but it had been my observation all along ~ that my Mesh wicks and it's embedded coil) gunk far less (and slowly) that they otherwise did with Cotton or Rayon.

The only two reasons I could think of are: (1)being usually spaced coils (on a mesh build) gunking is less prominent, spaced coils do gunk less vis-a-vis contact coils. And (2)metal on metal (metal mesh + metal Coil) tend to have a hotter cross-section surface area per timeframe ~ which evaporates things faster and stronger, be it deposits or juice.

But hey, I've no scientific mind at all :D

FOG clouds

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
I've never used it at all, and usually use 50/50 juices. I've only had an authentic for a few weeks, but I've been running the clones without since November. I use a thin tail in the channels, cut just above the chimney threads and make two cuts per shoulder to match the shape of the chimney. I make a straight cut first at the deck edge. Then I cut an angle off the top of each shoulder to match the chimney angle.

I think I know what the issue is.. And it's not the wick ring. I recently started using "native wicks" cotton.. Which wicks amazingly in my opinion and is easy to work with.. But it just doesn't create that safety net vs. leaking like the Japanese cotton does.

Reactions: qorax

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Mesh build????

Where the pictures at??
Edit ...found pics on page 28

I have thick tails... Jam as much cotton as I can fit, flush,in the channels....I still have leaks towards the end of a tank... But never dry hits... I wrap coils around 3mm bit, so have big shoulders. Think I'll try 2.5mm next time... It'll be a happy medium for the way I like it

Last edited:

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
Shall we call this an Erlklapton? :D

jV3zHiVl.jpg

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
Flavor coil in a flavor tank, so it vapes quite nicely :D. I had to trim the wick down a bit more than what I had been doing since it's a pretty thirsty coil. Lovely boost in throat hit as well once it ramps up. Not sure if it's a big enough improvement over a basic microcoil to make it worth the hassle most of the time, but if you have some time on your hands and a drill it's definitely a great vape

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
Hello vapers, I'm just checking in and saying hi again. I have kind of strayed from the forums since I found my perfect setup - the Erlk + MiniStick several months ago. I'm very pleased with both and the top-filling capability of the Eerlk works so well with the MiniStick.

I'm nearing the final stages of reducing my nic % and then I'll quit for good and finally be free :)

Anyway, what's a post without pictures? I didn't get my vape in the shot, but I vaped it the whole 9 mile (14.5km) hike, with 2k ft (610m) elevation gain. The beautiful Erlk didn't leak or give a single dry hit the whole day.

(Click for a bigger picture)

Vape on, everybody!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello vapers, I'm just checking in and saying hi again. I have kind of strayed from the forums since I found my perfect setup - the Erlk + MiniStick several months ago. I'm very pleased with both and the top-filling capability of the Eerlk works so well with the MiniStick.

I'm nearing the final stages of reducing my nic % and then I'll quit for good and finally be free :)

Anyway, what's a post without pictures? I didn't get my vape in the shot, but I vaped it the whole 9 mile (14.5km) hike, with 2k ft (610m) elevation gain. The beautiful Erlk didn't leak or give a single dry hit the whole day.

(Click for a bigger picture)

Vape on, everybody!
Wonderful shot btw :)

Reactions: slyphex

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Reactions: jaxgator

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Last edited:
Reactions: qorax

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
The first looks like an authentic but the second is definitely a clone.

There are some noticeable differences. In no particular order: drip tip on 2 is fake, angle of top cap cross bits (you know what I mean, the bits you'd hold on to to turn), chimney is totally different, top cap thickness, metal tank thickness, grooves at base of chimney different, deck looks cheaper on clone, the little blue screwdriver kit is a dead clone give away.

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Yes I'm 'serious', I know the first is advertised as authentic and the second is a clone. I was just wondering if the 'authentic' could be proved so... Serial number on chimney or box, spacer washer or something??? But thanks for the replys so far... I'm thinking they are as advertised too... Can't see a clone coming with an instruction manual.

Kaoself- thanks for pointing out those differences.

I think if I don't bid more than the price of a clone against the authentic...I can't go wrong

Last edited:

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Moonface, the original is worth far more than the clone. I know because I just sold original ErlK, ErlPrinz and Nano kit, all bought from the Austrian site.
The packaging is identical and there are several extras included: metal drip tip, 510 adaptor for your own DT, metal tank and original Nano kit in the white plastic tube. Anything less than $120 is a steal IMO.
Here's my pic from the classified ad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread