Status
Not open for further replies.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Just a few comments and my thoughts after long term use of KF4...

I currently have 3, that get rotated out every couple of months. They've been in use for a over a year. I've only had to use spares for (2) of the tiny white o-rings and (1) terminal screw, and only because I accidentally washed those items down the drain. I have replaced the springs with the gold-plated updates. All other non-glass parts are OEM original.

KF4 has become my all day, every day delivery device. I run all of them in "long mode" for capacity, and put between 3-6mls of liquid through one daily. I have broken multiple glass tank sections, and wish deeply that a stainless long mode tank section was available. This is my only real wish for improvement. I rewick every week, fill it once per day, and replace a coil every 2-3 weeks. I'll disassemble, clean, and inspect the one that's going to get a rest when rotated out.

For most of the time I've owned the KF4's, I've built them with 3mm Kanthal coils, .9-1.1 ohms, wicked with rayon. I ran these consistently at 20w with great performance.

Currently, my preferred build is a 3mm SS316 spaced coil, that's between .5-.6 ohms, wicked with rayon. I've been very successfully running this build on a VF Stout in TC mode at 450°F & 30w. I did experiment with nickel a bit, but the results were less than pleasant.

Overall, KF4 has been a fantastic, low-hassle, reliable device for me. It's not a beginners device, and does require some rare attention, but I believe these tanks will last for years of reliable performance.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
That was the first working model of a Kayfun (not even a prototype) created out of plumbing material/s. A conceptualization unit. Seeing it worked fine -- was how Kayfun V1 was invented and marketed!

Thanks, Q. Looks like something I'd make--if I could make anything!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock it off

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys. What builds are you using? Thanks. Looking for best flavor build
Most people are happy with their standard KFL builds on the KF4, but I've found a larger coil diameter gives me better flavor.
2.8mm with 6/7 wraps Kanthal, 1.0-1.2 ohms, 10 watts.
It's a larger diameter coil than most people use, but it plays better with the larger amount of airflow the KF4 has.

Redistedis

Mar 6, 2014
Lithuania
Most people are happy with their standard KFL builds on the KF4, but I've found a larger coil diameter gives me better flavor.
2.8mm with 6/7 wraps Kanthal, 1.0-1.2 ohms, 10 watts.
It's a larger diameter coil than most people use, but it plays better with the larger amount of airflow the KF4 has.
Did you tried 26g 10wraps around 2.5mm ? Now i'm using it at 18watts, wanna know can i get a better flavor

Reactions: qorax

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Me four!
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread