The ethics of "Made in USA" on clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Honestly, I don't really care about the "ethics" of the clones being stamped Made in USA. I buy what I can afford to stay off cigs. If a clone comes along that I want to replace something I curently have or has some kind of new feature that I want, I'll buy it no matter what's stamped on it. I can't afford these $200+ mech mods or RDAs. And if these companies are "hurting" from people buying these chinese clones, myself included, then that's the way it is. Everyone has different views on clones or copies so nothing the vape community does is going to stop them from being made. In short, I don't care about the companies and I just buy what I can afford.

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Honestly, I don't really care about the "ethics" of the clones being stamped Made in USA. I buy what I can afford to stay off cigs. If a clone comes along that I want to replace something I curently have or has some kind of new feature that I want, I'll buy it no matter what's stamped on it. I can't afford these $200+ mech mods or RDAs. And if these companies are "hurting" from people buying these chinese clones, myself included, then that's the way it is. Everyone has different views on clones or copies so nothing the vape community does is going to stop them from being made. In short, I don't care about the companies and I just buy what I can afford.

But you would still buy them if it wasn;t stamped "made in the usa" right?

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
To me I would think 1:1 clone is exactly that, including in the "Made In The USA" - like it or not. I did notice FastTech includes the following on some of their items:

Please note: You may find the word "USA" on the bottom of this Made-in-China mod.

Not sure if they always did this, or something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread