Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I am looking for a couple of 18500/490 batteries to use with a kick in a mech mod. But would also like to use in my regulated mod as well.

Any suggestions on one from fast tech that are originals. I get confused with the battery stuff and what exactly I need. I have read the battery university stuff but form
Some reason I can't get a grasp on the purchase.

Thanks ahead of time

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
Crocky, i'm also shopping for 18500/18490 batteries. I don't feel any of the offerings are "ideal", no IMR high discharge batteries in that size. The ultrafire batteries have so many people talking down on them, IDK if i want to be the one to "prove them wrong". I'm using a efest 18350 with a kick and only get about 3 hours of heavy vaping out of it. I'll be making due with what i got until i find safe chemistry batts that i can trust.

On a positive note, I got 6 18650 IMR's for the price of 2 from an stateside vendor.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Crocky, i'm also shopping for 18500/18490 batteries. I don't feel any of the offerings are "ideal", no IMR high discharge batteries in that size. The ultrafire batteries have so many people talking down on them, IDK if i want to be the one to "prove them wrong". I'm using a efest 18350 with a kick and only get about 3 hours of heavy vaping out of it. I'll be making due with what i got until i find safe chemistry batts that i can trust.

On a positive note, I got 6 18650 IMR's for the price of 2 from an stateside vendor.

Yeah I haven't seen any safe IMR batts at FT yet at the 18490/500 size. They can be found for a good price at different vendors though. About a month ago I picked up some quality IMR 18490s for around $3.50 each during a sale. And it's always easy to get Efest and AW 18490/500 for around $7. AW batts last a LONG time so $7 each isn't much for about the safest and best quality available.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Secret= fastech

$11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$5.52 each shipped for genuine Panasonic 18650 IMR 10A cells. Got 6 for $33, that's a damn good deal to me.

Those aren't considered IMR.. BUT are just as good. They are a hybrid that has safer chemistry without being protected, and are high drain. Great batteries, and a great price. I especially like them in variable power mods like the VAMO, but I also use them in mechs.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Vape mail today! All brass V3 (Sentinel clone) and a couple rebuildable drippers. Plus a couple eVods. Loving the mech, solid and heavy feel, threading and button are great.

uploadfromtaptalk1374604910125.jpg

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Which rebuildable dripper did you get?

$4.77 RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0mL) - 2.4

This one?

I am conflicted if I should just buy a couple of smok rda's or get them from fasttech

Nope not that one. I do have a few of those though and it's a great dripper.

The one sitting next to the mod is the YK1 KTS Stainless Steel... It's basically the same thing as the one you linked, but with a different style cap; it's a Cyclone clone. The one on the mod is a bigger one listed as X1 3.5 Detachable Dripping... and is kind of different. It has a hole in the 510 connection post that feeds up to a small tube that points the air under the coil, and the cap screws on. Not sure how well it works yet, should be interesting.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina

E_Cig Vicious

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Gateway to the Midwest
Secret= fastech

$11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$5.52 each shipped for genuine Panasonic 18650 IMR 10A cells. Got 6 for $33, that's a damn good deal to me.

LOL, i read your first post wrong. yeah i got the PD versions. i have heard good things about them.
Even cheaper with code "BFL" when buying 1 or 2 sets makes it $10.48 a pair.
3-4 sets its $10.38 a pair(what you should have paid)
5+ $10.14 a pair
FYI code works on batteries, chargers, and flashlights

I sound like a broken record lol... Is this added to the "wiki" yet nip? :p

Last edited:

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
I have been eyeballing the Eroll for a few weeks but not now they raised the price almost $30 it is $72 now for one, oh well. :(

It seems they added the brand on the product description, if i have to make a guess they are trying to get in good standing with certain manufacturers given the fact they break the MAP for almost every item.
Wild speculation, i know, but going from 40 to 72 is weird for any vendor let alone fasttech with their usual prices :p

I've been hearing good things about these:
$10.96 Authentic Sanyo UR18500FK 18500 1700mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - min capacity 1620mAh / 18.30*49.4mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I might get a pair, the SVD with the panasonics is too large for my taste :p

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
It seems they added the brand on the product description, if i have to make a guess they are trying to get in good standing with certain manufacturers given the fact they break the MAP for almost every item.
Wild speculation, i know, but going from 40 to 72 is weird for any vendor let alone fasttech with their usual prices :p

I've been hearing good things about these:
$10.96 Authentic Sanyo UR18500FK 18500 1700mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - min capacity 1620mAh / 18.30*49.4mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I might get a pair, the SVD with the panasonics is too large for my taste :p

Hmm, wonder about the product specifics. Would they work in a mechanical? I assume non protective and does not say high drain and I am still trying to understand all that verbiage

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
Even cheaper with code "BFL" when buying 1 or 2 sets makes it $10.48 a pair.
3-4 sets its $10.38 a pair(what you should have paid)
5+ $10.14 a pair
FYI code works on batteries, chargers, and flashlights

I sound like a broken record lol... Is this added to the "wiki" yet nip? :p

Thanks for the tip, I wish i knew this before my order. I could have saved a few dollars. I got others to "try" but figured all the reviews on the cgr18650ch were enough to get me to buy a few of them. I didn't check what i actually paid, just did the math on the base price.

My order left SF yesterday. Two states left. Com'mon mailman!

lunchbox0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
nm
Hmm, wonder about the product specifics. Would they work in a mechanical? I assume non protective and does not say high drain and I am still trying to understand all that verbiage

I looked at those as well, they are NOT high drain. Max current draw is 3.24 amps. That is not ideal to be using in any daily used mod drawing greater than 80% of the spec'ed 3.24A. Just cause they can draw a max 3.24 doesn't mean you should, those specs are almost certainly under some other parameters defining "duration" of that max draw. Performing at the max spec's of anything will shorten the life, or increase chances of failure. I'll wait for a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread