The FastTech Thread For All FastTech Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Canada
Yeah, because it's just fasttech that sells Chinese RBAs with chromed brass posts... Check around, dude. It's the same thing EVERYONE'S selling, US Vendors included. You just pay more for it from other places.

Regardless, you've made your point. Now move on down the road before this turns into another pointless battle.

That's interesting, you hold the belief that if someone does something unethical, like putting melanine in baby's milk, if makes it OK because others also engage in this unethical behaviour?

You also believe that if someone brings up said unethical behaviours, you have the right to tell them to "move on down the road" because the truth makes you uncomfortable?

I don't agree with you.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
That's interesting, you hold the belief that if someone does something unethical, like putting melanine in baby's milk, if makes it OK because others also engage in this unethical behaviour?

You also believe that if someone brings up said unethical behaviours, you have the right to tell them to "move on down the road" because the truth makes you uncomfortable?

I don't agree with you.

Are you saying that fasttech put "melanine" into baby's milk? Or is your comment about something that happened in China some years ago?

Just a quick reminder - this is a fasttech thread, not a "have a go at all Chinese manufacturers" thread.

You could always start your own thread on that topic if you feel strongly about it.

jayD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Canada
It's called drawing parallels, we use it to illustrate examples. I have no interest in "all chinese manufacturers" as I'm in the fasttech thread, so my that is my main concern. If everyone can come here and post about how amazing the deals on fasttech are, since this is the thread for "ALL FASTTECH POSTS" I think it's ok to have some posts talking about hazardous materials as it relates to manufacturing of products available for sale on fasttech. If you disagree start your own thread.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
It's called drawing parallels, we use it to illustrate examples. I have no interest in "all chinese manufacturers" as I'm in the fasttech thread, so my that is my main concern. If everyone can come here and post about how amazing the deals on fasttech are, since this is the thread for "ALL FASTTECH POSTS" I think it's ok to have some posts talking about hazardous materials as it relates to manufacturing of products available for sale on fasttech. If you disagree start your own thread.

That's fine - but why go on about "melanine", which has nothing to do with FT or vaping? The "melamine in baby milk" scandal dates back to 2008. You're not "illustrating examples", you're talking about something else entirely.

Criticism of FT is fine - we all have a moan on here from time to time - but that's not what you're doing, is it?

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK

I did start my own thread, this one. I asked you about the SKU so we can have some useful info rather than the general "Chinese are Evil" we have had so far. Some Chinese put melamine in milk a few years ago, the Germans tried to wipe out the Jews, the Americans tried to wipe out the native Americans, the Spanish enslaved whole swathes of South America, the Israelites committed genocide against the Heshmonites. None of this is relevant to FastTech vaping gear.

What was the SKU and when did you receive it? Tell us that and we might have something RELEVANT to look at.

Last edited:

jayD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Canada
That's fine - but why go on about "melanine", which has nothing to do with FT or vaping? The "melamine in baby milk" scandal dates back to 2008. You're not "illustrating examples", you're talking about something else entirely.

Criticism of FT is fine - we all have a moan on here from time to time - but that's not what you're doing, is it?

Both issues are very clearly showing that china has a ways to go where health and safety regulations are concerned. It is not something else entirely. They are very much the same issue. If there is money to be made, at the expense of someone else health, it's worth it.

And by voting with your dollars, you support this.

Also to the people getting emotional because someone said something other than "OH MY GOD FASTTECH IS THE BEST" grow up.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Both issues are very clearly showing that china has a ways to go where health and safety regulations are concerned. It is not something else entirely. They are very much the same issue. If there is money to be made, at the expense of someone else health, it's worth it.

Also to the people getting emotional because someone said something other than "OH MY GOD FASTTECH IS THE BEST" grow up.

I have visited Bhopal in India where the Union Carbide Corporation of America ran a factory that permanently blinded 30,000 human beings overnight because they put profit ahead of safety then filed for bankruptcy for their Indian division to get out of paying compensation, should I refuse to buy a Provari?

Last edited:

jayD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Canada
I have visited Bhopal in India where the Union Carbide Corporation of America ran a factory that blinded 30,000 human beings overnight because they put profit ahead of safety then filed for bankruptcy for their Indian division to get out of paying compensation, should I refuse to buy a Provari?

That depends what you value more, respect towards humanity, or a shiny tube.

We have this kind of conversation once a week, please bring something new to the table if you want to have a sensible conversation.

Every week is a new batch of vapers excited about the amazing deals on fasttech they keep reading about, with no clue about the possiblity of inhaling nickel plating off their atomizer caused by some random plant manager who wanted to squeeze out more profit. To raise awareness we actually don't need to have "something new" every week like you suggest.

What was the SKU and when did you receive it? Tell us that and we might have something RELEVANT to look at.

1391309 although this is V2, the one pictured is v1

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Oh and this is even MORE interesting.

No more free shipping for bare lithium batteries (cylindrical and button types): FastTech Forums

"No more free shipping for bare lithium batteries (cylindrical and button types)
In response to customer comments and demands, effective immediately FastTech will stop offering free shipping on all bare batteries such as 18650, 18500, and CR123, and button type batteries such as CR2, CR2012, etc.

You may still order these via premium shipping methods which are usually paid services. Shipping fees for these shipping methods are calculated and presented during checkout.

Free shipping for these items will return when a suitable shipping method becomes available for them.

Thank you."

Was trying to order a 4-pack of eneloops for $15 or so, but they wanted $23 in shipping. So, it's apparently not just li-ion batteries that are affected.

Have one package with some random stuff, non-vaping related coming. Last update is "Despatched to overseas: Country code (NL)". Curious to see if it shows up, as my country code is NO. Through Singapore Post.

Got another package with some battery wrappings, dispatched 24. October. Still not trackable. That's HK Post.

Not sure what's going on. Not stressed about it tho.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
That depends what you value more, respect towards humanity, or a shiny tube.

Personally, I don't blame Provape for the actions of Union Carbide, I also don't blame FastTech for the actions of a baby milk manufacturer so the choice of my vaping gear supplier doesn't affect my "respect towards humanity"

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Was trying to order a 4-pack of eneloops for $15 or so, but they wanted $23 in shipping. So, it's apparently not just li-ion batteries that are affected.

Have one package with some random stuff, non-vaping related coming. Last update is "Despatched to overseas: Country code (NL)". Curious to see if it shows up, as my country code is NO. Through Singapore Post.

Got another package with some battery wrappings, dispatched 24. October. Still not trackable. That's HK Post.

Not sure what's going on. Not stressed about it tho.

I would rather take a 50/50 shot on free shipping with a long wait than pay the premium, I have 4 Panasonics somewhere in HKP system, hopefully they get through.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Thanks to everyone that coached me on the MVP Micro USB charging topic. I put away the Swiss Army Knife of a charger that came with the MVP. I love my new charging configuration. It just feels simpler. The cable is 6' long. So, it would work nicely as a passthrough option if I ever felt the urge to try it that way.

MVP-USB.jpg

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida

You do realize that the entire industry of e-cigs was born in China. Without the chinese, you would not be vaping. Something to think about. ;)

puchox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Montevideo, Uruguay
Yeah, I was gonna reply to jayD, but thankfully realized that it's pointless...

So, about that Taifun clone. Who's jumped on it already?

I've already exhausted my vape budget for the remaining of the year :p can't comment on the taifun but after having the r91 i can´t recommend enough the kayfun and its clones :)

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Yeah, I was gonna reply to jayD, but thankfully realized that it's pointless...

So, about that Taifun clone. Who's jumped on it already?

I couldn't hold it any longer so I ordered Taifun, was waiting for something exciting.
Besides, original Taifun GT is $173 vs $19 at FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread