The FDA should recommend vaping for 2 weeks minimum to show smokers a change atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Before going off to la-la land dreaming the FDA should do such a thing, you might fantasize instead about the FDA ending their opposition...along with all the other established medical groups you'd expect to support an effective smoking cessation aid like vaping. Not one of them does, to my knowledge. Even the dedicated anti-smoking groups refuse to condone vaping as an NRT.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Before going off to la-la land dreaming the FDA should do such a thing, you might fantasize instead about the FDA ending their opposition...along with all the other established medical groups you'd expect to support an effective smoking cessation aid like vaping. Not one of them does, to my knowledge. Even the dedicated anti-smoking groups refuse to condone vaping as an NRT.

There are still individual doctors who support it though. It was my doctor I spoke with before switching, and she told me not to believe the lies I read and that it was a viable and safe option for me to quit smoking.

Thus far all my doctors have been supportive...

I know I've read others say their doctor was opposed, but there are some doctors who know the truth.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
More people vape than smoke in the USA.
Wrong. Do you have any actual data to support your claim?

In 2019, nearly 14 of every 100 U.S. adults aged 18 years or older (14.0%) currently smoked cigarettes. This means an estimated 34.1 million adults in the United States currently smoke cigarettes.

Current Cigarette Smoking Among Adults in the United States

In 2018, an estimated 8.1 million U.S. adults were current electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) users.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 365 - April 2020

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
There are still individual doctors who support it though. It was my doctor I spoke with before switching, and she told me not to believe the lies I read and that it was a viable and safe option for me to quit smoking.

Thus far all my doctors have been supportive...

I know I've read others say their doctor was opposed, but there are some doctors who know the truth.
My doctor (former) didn't directly endorse vaping. But, in her opinion, my lungs were nearly as clear as if I'd never smoked (her words). She knew of my smoking history, and in no way discouraged vaping.
I worry about other doctors, and maybe her too, after years of being fed propaganda. They're people too, and as such are susceptible to the barrage of lies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My doctor (former) didn't directly endorse vaping. But, in her opinion, my lungs were nearly as clear as if I'd never smoked (her words). She knew of my smoking history, and in no way discouraged vaping.
I worry about other doctors, and maybe her too, after years of being fed propaganda. They're people too, and as such are susceptible to the barrage of lies.

True...

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
More people vape than smoke in the USA.
I'd like to see where you got this info from
When a cigarette is anywhere from 1mg to 20mg.
erm....
The average cigarette contains about 10 to 12 mg of nicotine.
How Much Nicotine Is in a Cigarette, Cigar, and E-Cigarette?

It is JUUL putting out 50mg pods and flavored pods. When a cigarette is anywhere from 1mg to 20mg.

So, exactly how much nicotine is in one cigarette? It’s a simple question, right?

Well, no. There is between 0.65 and 1 gram of tobacco in an average unlit cigarette, which includes somewhere between 7.5 and 13.4 milligrams of nicotine, according to testing done at Penn State University. Newport cigarettes had the most nicotine of any American brand tested, at 13.4 mg per cigarette.

A Marlboro red contains 10.9 mg of nicotine, and the median of all the brands tested was 10.2 mg per cigarette. A separate study by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) scientists shows that Newport and Marlboro brands contain about the same amount of nicotine (19.4 and 20.3 mg) per gram of tobacco. The mean nicotine content for all brands tested by the CDC was 19.2 mg per gram of tobacco.

That certainly debunks the claim that one JUUL pod contains “as much nicotine as a pack of cigarettes.” A JUUL pod contains 41 mg of nicotine (0.7 mL X 59 mg/mL), but an average pack of cigarettes contains 204 mg of nicotine (20 cigarettes X 10.2 mg)—and some brands contain considerably more.
How Much Nicotine Is In A Cigarette? - Vaping360

while yes it would be nice if the us government stopped being idiots but, what are you going to do when they get all kinds of kick backs from the tobacco companies.

Vaping should be labeled as an NRT but unfortunately it's not

• Agree
Reactions: DavidOck

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
There is a doctor on Youtube that I watched a few times. Young, for a doctor,, and very smart. He was asked if he supported vaping. His answer was a definite no. He went on to say that vape liquid contains propylene glycol which causes popcorn lung. It shows how well the anti vaping propaganda has worked. I replied to try to inform him what actually causes popcorn lung but I don't know if he saw my reply or not.

• Agree
Reactions: NCC

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There is a doctor on Youtube that I watched a few times. Young, for a doctor,, and very smart. He was asked if he supported vaping. His answer was a definite no. He went on to say that vape liquid contains propylene glycol which causes popcorn lung. It shows how well the anti vaping propaganda has worked. I replied to try to inform him what actually causes popcorn lung but I don't know if he saw my reply or not.

Just another case where a doctor assumed to be an expert has neglected to study a topic before commenting on it. You could say that automobiles are extremely deadly without including the phrase "if you don't drive responsibly", and change the entire meaning of the intended sentence.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread