The final look on your REO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
Took me a while but I'm pretty certain this is the final look I was aiming for with my REOs and accessories. Share your accessorized REOs!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362765304.437468.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362765320.565794.jpg
The only thing missing is the leather case I'm making for the Woodvil since Tim at serenity gear doesn't have the measurements, and I decided I'd rather just give it a shot than send over the measurements. I'll post it after I've practiced the stitching (already cut out the shape).

Quick question though does anyone think a leather case on a wood mod could ruin the wood in the long-run? I decided on the case in the first place cause for sure the humidity here in Miami can affect the finish if I use it outside for too long on a humid night (standard Miami night).

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Took me a while but I'm pretty certain this is the final look I was aiming for with my REOs and accessories. Share your accessorized REOs!
View attachment 185458 View attachment 185459
The only thing missing is the leather case I'm making for the Woodvil since Tim at serenity gear doesn't have the measurements, and I decided I'd rather just give it a shot than send over the measurements. I'll post it after I've practiced the stitching (already cut out the shape).

Quick question though does anyone think a leather case on a wood mod could ruin the wood in the long-run? I decided on the case in the first place cause for sure the humidity here in Miami can affect the finish if I use it outside for too long on a humid night (standard Miami night).

I think it would depend on the stiffness of the leather. I have a small Serenity case for my Mini. The tumbled that has been in it for quite awhile has started to get some polished areas where it slides inside.

A Wood REO is tough but the finish over time might wear thin on the contact points when putting on the cover. Not sure if the wood itself would be affected.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I think it would depend on the stiffness of the leather. I have a small Serenity case for my Mini. The tumbled that has been in it for quite awhile has started to get some polished areas where it slides inside.

A Wood REO is tough but the finish over time might wear thin on the contact points when putting on the cover. Not sure if the wood itself would be affected.

I would miss the special feel of wood in my hand if it was wrapped in leather, might as well be a metal REO as it would feel the same!

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
I would miss the special feel of wood in my hand if it was wrapped in leather, might as well be a metal REO as it would feel the same!

Agreed. For the most part I'll have it naked but on some muggy nights and when I'm going to take it out somewhere I'd like it to be a little protected.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA

Agreed. For the most part I'll have it naked but on some muggy nights and when I'm going to take it out somewhere I'd like it to be a little protected.

LOL. I'm not going to touch either one of these statements...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread