The Goddess is back again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
After using an ecig for over 6 months without smoking a single cigarette, my grandmother finally whined enough for me to quit the ecig that I went back to smoking regular cigs. :(

She was so concerned about "Nobody knows exactly how bad that is for you and what's in it, and the FDA hasn't approved it yet" that I finally quit doing it to make her stop complaining about it, even though I tried to explain all the facts to her many times.

However, even though I am still smoking the cheapest cigs possible (around $3 a pack), it's just too expensive for me. I've never been concerned about the health aspect of the whole thing since my family is full of cancer from people who never smoked anyway. I've always been more concerned about the money aspect, especially in todays economy.

So I'm sorry that I just dropped off the face of the earth. It was just a little painful to come here since I went back to regular cigs. :( I've also recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia so I would like to quit smoking to maybe help with that condition if possible and to save money.

So I will be looking to see if there are any better ecigs on the market now, since maybe the technology has improved since I started smoking real cigs again. I will also be looking to see how the juices have improved and hopefully went down in price!

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Especially about a new ecig. I currently have a 510. I'll still be doing my own research though. :)

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
As far as the juice goes nothing has changed except there are a lot more suppliers and flavors. The ingredients are still the same. Nothing new about technology in pv's except a lot of new models that still work the same as they always did. That said, all of this is still 100x safer than cigarettes as far as I'm concerned.

funguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
New Ulm, Minnesota
I'm new to these forums, I just started vaping 2 weeks ago.

I just got a Janty eGo in the mail today and I am loving it so far. That being said this is my first respectable branded PV so I've never used alot of the other ones out there. But I bought this one because of how many good reviews I had seen about it. And the fact that there seemed to be almost nothing bad to say about it.

Some people describe the eGo as a 510 on steroids. I guess it is really, it uses the 510 parts with a more consistent battery. And still looks good.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
:toast:The Goddess is back again! :toast:

Welcome back my friend. It's nice to see you again!
Hmmm 4 posts in less than 30 mins, I see you're back to your old ways. :D

Have a great day! :thumbs:

Heehee yeah, I am a post-o-holic. ;)

I've been reading that the eGo is the way to go! (looked in other threads too) I'm just trying to find where I can get one for way less than $80 though. I have literally no money right now and my grandmother is hesitant about buying more stuff for me even though she wants me to quit smoking.

She thinks that since other people in the family have "just quit" smoking, that I should be able to "just quit" as well. But for me it has always been more about the whole inhaling and hand movement thing more than it has been the nicotine. I'm sure the nicotine helps calm me down, but it's more about the ritual of smoking itself for me when I am bored or whatever.

I sit at my computer all day, so it's like second nature for me to want to reach for a cig when I have some down time. I have friend that owes me money, but we just got into a text fight about how he has no money and he says that I should get a job.

But as I explained to him many times, I already have a lawyer for my SSI case and we are working on it so I can't even get a small part time job until I am approved for SSI and they approve for me to work if I want to. However, I have had literally over 22 jobs from the time I was 16 years old until now (almost 33 years old in August), so I have always had a bad work history due to the various disorders that I have.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
... I've also recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia so I would like to quit smoking to maybe help with that condition if possible and to save money...

My sympathies. I also have fibromyalgia.

Since switching to PVs, I don't have the back/chest pain in the mornings that I thought was the result of fibro or old spinal injuries. I can breathe deeper and feel better. Those weird random "injuries" associated with fibro (last night I "sprained" my ankle sitting down, without that foot even touching the ground, for example) seem to be healing much faster now, and flares don't last as long for me. I do think that not smoking is making a difference. (If nothing else, nobody should combine a chronic fatigue illness with carbon monoxide inhalation. I'm amazed I ever got out of bed.)

You said "recently" - I'm not sure how much you're learned about fibromyalgia yet, but given the various illnesses that share fibro's symptoms, it's really some of the best news you could get. It's not fatal, not disfiguring, and the treatments are usually pretty pleasant. (My doctor prescribed hot bubble baths or Jacuzzi, yoga, massages, and afternoon naps, along with sleep and pain meds.) Relaxation and stress management are important, and vaping works nicely into that.

Since you're returning to vaping, I'm sure you remember that it's dehydrating and already know how the nicotine affects your ability to get to sleep .Just keep in mind that both dehydration and sleep deprivation exacerbate fibro.

Welcome back!

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Welcome back SSG! Like Houdini said, really not much has changed. The main thing is that a lot of e-liquids are now "USA made". The bad thing is they are more expensive. I've found vikingvapor.com has reasonable prices. Madvapes.com also has good prices and carries both USA made and (I think) Dekang.

Good luck -- hope it works out for you this time!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I've been reading that the eGo is the way to go! (looked in other threads too) I'm just trying to find where I can get one for way less than $80 though. I have literally no money right now and my grandmother is hesitant about buying more stuff for me even though she wants me to quit smoking.

You could always just get an eGo battery and a charging adapter..you can use your regular 510 charger for it (though it'll take freaking forever to charge)..

since you can use your 510 atties and carts on it I'd say to totally piece out the kit..get a battery, cone (not super nessicary but nice and improves function), and maybe the quick charger (thats a total of $36)... from cignot... use the atties and carts you already have

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
My sympathies. I also have fibromyalgia.

Since switching to PVs, I don't have the back/chest pain in the mornings that I thought was the result of fibro or old spinal injuries. I can breathe deeper and feel better. Those weird random "injuries" associated with fibro (last night I "sprained" my ankle sitting down, without that foot even touching the ground, for example) seem to be healing much faster now, and flares don't last as long for me. I do think that not smoking is making a difference. (If nothing else, nobody should combine a chronic fatigue illness with carbon monoxide inhalation. I'm amazed I ever got out of bed.)

You said "recently" - I'm not sure how much you're learned about fibromyalgia yet, but given the various illnesses that share fibro's symptoms, it's really some of the best news you could get. It's not fatal, not disfiguring, and the treatments are usually pretty pleasant. (My doctor prescribed hot bubble baths or Jacuzzi, yoga, massages, and afternoon naps, along with sleep and pain meds.) Relaxation and stress management are important, and vaping works nicely into that.

Since you're returning to vaping, I'm sure you remember that it's dehydrating and already know how the nicotine affects your ability to get to sleep .Just keep in mind that both dehydration and sleep deprivation exacerbate fibro.

Welcome back!

Well, that's what we are thinking so far anyway. Since I have no money I go to a family doctor that only costs me $5 a visit, and we've been trying to figure out my problems for about a year now. So far we are thinking Fibro, and that is his diagnosis as of now, but I'm sure that we will trying to be looking into other things as well.

I do a lot of research on what I think could possibly be wrong, so I usually ask him to test for certain things if I have reason to believe that it may be a problem. However, the most typical blood work always shows that everything is fine and in order, so it makes it harder to figure out. But there has to be at least a couple of reasons why I feel so horrible. Also working on getting a mental diagnosis as well, since I've always had issues in that department.

As for the juices, VaporBomb is looking nice so far. Getting ready to check out another one mentioned above. I will continue to search for a cheaper eGo as that seems to be something that I would like. I would like to order my juice and unit at the same time since I would rather not use my 510 anymore, but I'll just have to do what I can.

Thanks to everyone so far for the warm welcome back. :)

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
You could always just get an eGo battery and a charging adapter..you can use your regular 510 charger for it (though it'll take freaking forever to charge)..

since you can use your 510 atties and carts on it I'd say to totally piece out the kit..get a battery, cone (not super nessicary but nice and improves function), and maybe the quick charger (thats a total of $36)... from cignot... use the atties and carts you already have

That's also a good idea. I'm going to look into the place you suggested and compare prices to see if I can find anything cheaper.

I know that once I get started I won't smoke regular cigs again, since that's what it was like last time. Once I got my 510 in the mail, I didn't touch another cig again until I stopped using the 510.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread